mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

anyone here try a hid retrofit?

i'm thinking about doing one for fun..

I always wanted too, but doing them right is expensive

anyone here try a hid retrofit?

i'm thinking about doing one for fun..

Please don't be another one of the idiots who put them in the stock housings which were never designed for them and blind the shit out of me while I'm driving just because they think it makes their car look cool.

lol no i want to do this right if im going to do it at all. first step would be to get a pair of projectors? im either going to hit a junk yard with a friend or order online.. any advice as to what to look for? i believe some projectors are designed for halogen while others are for hid bulbs?

heres an online option. internetz

check this place out

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/

oddly enough I just got an email from them today. They revamped their forum.

CRACKIN' YER INTERWEBZ LOOK OUT!

Hacking TOP

Would you like a big steamy cup of fail with that?

Ive been cracking wep's lol stealing internet

CRACKIN' YER INTERWEBZ LOOK OUT!

Hacking TOP

Would you like a big steamy cup of fail with that?

Ive been cracking wep's lol stealing internet

Careful now, I'll crack yours form over here!

Wanted to see if you guys could help me with some excel. I'm building a spreadsheet to log my hours and my "overtime". I log hours every day at the end of the week it adds the hours and subtracts by 20 (50% worker) and the rest is considered overtime (don't get paid for it but I get to use those hours for vacation later).

Problem is, if the Week is empty it still calculates and shows -20 hours. I want to set it up so that if I haven't typed in anything for that week it doesn't calculate at all.

Any Takers?

Excel-Screenshot.jpg

Pics always seem to help :P

I can handle the current week displaying negative hours but I don't want the next weeks to show -20.

Ignore the top line. Thats for the previous month I should have included the line below.... Fail :P

An If / then function would work well in there. Dont know the cell references but something like IF(TOTALS<20,0,TOTALS-20)

Stop being irrational, stop being apathetic, stop ignoring the evidence. If you want to eat meat, you'd better be able to justify it.

Umm, lets see. My body was designed to eat meat. You should see how I react to a lack of protein...

I tried to be a vegitarian and it was a nightmare. I spent a whole month vegan too. It cleaned me out, I felt refreshed when it was over, but I was constantly tired and it never went away.

Here is what I know for a fact about nutrition. There are certain amino acids and fats that you cannot live without. Whole vegitarian foods can provide them, but it's tough to get enough. There is no such thing as an esential carbohydrate, and our bodies are designed to have a contingencey plan for lack of carbohydrates.

prolonged lack of essential amino acids will kill, and definately makes people sick. You can see it everywhere in 3rd world countries.

i know a professor at school, she's 50 and a vegetarian... qualified for the Boston marathon last year. pretty amazing IMO

I should have been more specific, it's possible to be a healthy veg head, but without using isolated protein sources like whey or soy/other veg sourced blends it would suck. Most americans need way more veg than they get. But to make a blanket statement that we should all go veg because it's better for the whole world is silly.

Not only would it introduce new health concerns you would have to supplement the diet with whey or something else similar. If you use whey, you're still going to have to confine animals, and to isolate why you need more water more filtration, and I would guess enough energy via heat or electricity that the total energy/water impact would be similar to juest having a steak.

i wasn't trying to prove you wrong or anything. considering its harder for a vegetarian to get certain nutrition from a diet and, on top of that, to compete well in a marathon is quite amazing.

P90X send me little tips to an email I read less frequently. I saw it today and it was "5 things that they absolutely, positively, MUST stop eating and drinking if they want to achieve their fitness goals."

Anything with a face. It used to be that you could find some decent lean meat sources, but in the last few decades, the hormones, antibiotics, and chemicals that have been used to process meat and fish make them pretty worthless as a source of protein. There are plenty of excellent vegetarian protein sources, like beans, tofu, and nuts, so you can eat clean while you get lean.

Yeah, I understand the chemicals but to say to not eat ANY meat??? I don't think I'll be opening another one of their emails anytime soon...

And YET if you click on the 8 foods to boost the metabolism link they have FISH as the number one.

Plus fruits and shit have chemicals and bug sprays and shit on them so wheres the difference?

Sorry cows have faces but they are fucking yummy.

Plus I REFUSE to take health tips from someone who closes an article "Peace,Tony".

Fuckin Hippie.

J

^Truth.

Thanks. AutoCAD 2011 is a freaking memory hog, even LT. :Doh:

amen to that.. got it running on my pc as well.

got it free too :woot: :woot:

On a strong machine with just two drawings open, it will pull nearly a gig of ram.

I have 8 gigs of ram any other computer is too slow for me they lag it too much...

I understand the theory, but you won't ever use that much. Something else will bottle neck first unless all you do it use progs that store data in ram and don't process.

Are you running 64 bit 7?

Is it bad I'm excited for a real job and paycheck come December so I can buy a BGE to cook on?

I'm thinking about buying a second BGE and the rock stoker. I would have nearly 2k in outside cooking and I live in a place where it will be -20 and I'll still use it.

On an up note yesterday I purchased some of the prettiest king crab legs I've ever seen.

~11 pounds worth.

:)

Wonder from where :P

Hopefully they will make you feel better.

Byerlys had the half off sale. It was 10 bucks a pound for honestly, the nicest looking king I've seen.

Is it bad I'm excited for a real job and paycheck come December so I can buy a BGE to cook on?

I'm thinking about buying a second BGE and the rock stoker. I would have nearly 2k in outside cooking and I live in a place where it will be -20 and I'll still use it.

How long will one run before you have to add more coals to it if you are smoking something?

Plus I REFUSE to take health tips from someone who closes an article "Peace,Tony".

Fuckin Hippie.

J

That's the truth. Quoted for excelence.

Damn it. Now I'm looking at BGE's and stokers....

They are amazing. With the control of a stoker to regulate heat it's like have another oven.

It makes the best pizza and smokes meat in a way that is just amazing. I can really tell the difference when doing butts. I use a realy thick rub with lots of brown sugar, and when I chop/pull the pork it almost becomes it's own sauce. The bark is wonderfull the smoke penitrates so well and it keeps the moisture in.

Me and my wife realy think of it as one of the best INVESTMENTS not purchases but INVESTMENTS we have made. I've easily paid for it in what I saved vs going out for BBQ. For the winter when we remodeled and didn't have anything to cook on but the BGE for 2-3 months it was awesome.

I can't wait to start trying pizza and bread on it.

The steady heat control will put an oven to shame too. It's kind of sad when 2 simple vents can regulate and maintain heat better than modern ovens.

Just found a damn Brown Recluse spider in the friggin shower. I stepped in, turned the water on, looked down and there the fucker was washing his way to the drain. Whats weird is the woman took a shower before I did this morning, I don't know if he fell from the ceiling or what.

Damn spiders taking a peek at the woman, they should really have to pay.

This is not helping my desire of a BGE...

Can my lazy ass get a link to said BGE?

J

You can also sear steaks at surface of the sun temps. I've had mine easily at 800 degrees and probably a fair bit more. Temp gauge didn't read.

I'm not sure what temp melts glass but I find chunks of it in the smoker any time I do a full burn of the coal and clean the BGE>

I've never had the ability to sear a steak at temps like that. How does one go about cooking a proper steak with sear temps that high? Sear one side, the other, than crank the heat down for a bit and cook for a min or two, or pull straight off the grill depending on how one likes them?

Its the same way a friggin pottery kiln is made, I see no reason why it can't get hotter than hell.

And it will do it outside covered in ice in -20 with 20 mph winds and not miss a beat.