mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I have heard some resteraunts of using a 1800F method for searing.

I've never used trufflebutter, but I usually put a pat of the regular stuff on anything I do in the kitchen, and sometimes the grill.

I did a wagyu NY strip and it tasted like it was soaked in butter without anything.

Truffle butter is a waste of truffles IMO.

Definitely true...but still damned tasty :P

Wagyu is other worldly...:droolcup:

$500 is cheap for a "set" of pans. Really, really cheap.

Spend your dough on knives, pans, and a BGE and you are set.

I just have some cheap ass pans and smoker...not high quality but its gets the food done and good.

Your priorities and position in life is a wee bit different than mine ;)

ignorance is bliss!!!!

and far easier on the wallet

FUCK "As is" vehicles. Tranny is about blown, rod came loose in engine. Time to get a lawyer

FUCK "As is" vehicles. Tranny is about blown, rod came loose in engine. Time to get a lawyer

On the EVO?

On the EVO?

yep, happened on wednesday...the reverse pops out so thats the tranny. The dealership i had take a look at it is scared to even start it due to the knocking noise in the engine. the powersteering went out on the highway coming home from school whenever i would downshift/ or go into neutral. Its all fucked up and words cant explain how frustrated i am at this point.

Sean what would you reccomend for a grill under say 700?

I already have 'decent' pans and knifes. I need more though.

J

BGE unless it has to be gas. Then it will depend on which model Nexgrill is making for whom atm. They make serious crap, but also serious deals. Imagine that when you contract manufacturer more than 50% of the grills worldwide.

I've never had the ability to sear a steak at temps like that. How does one go about cooking a proper steak with sear temps that high?

grill one side, flip, remove :P

If it doesn't bleed, it was cooked to long. :)

Except it isn't blood ;)

Not just for beef btw. Pork over 137 is ruined.

Can you say Trichinosis?

1) There isn't any in our country really

2) It DIES at 137

pwned

Thought trich died at 127?

Depends on the length you hold the temperature. Generically speaking 137 is uber safe and still can be under medium.

On the EVO?

yep, happened on wednesday...the reverse pops out so thats the tranny. The dealership i had take a look at it is scared to even start it due to the knocking noise in the engine. the powersteering went out on the highway coming home from school whenever i would downshift/ or go into neutral. Its all fucked up and words cant explain how frustrated i am at this point.

seems really bad...guess all good deals have something bad....sorry for your luck.

For the most part my supermarket quality proteins taste just as good as anything on my Coleman RoadTrip Grill :lol: and certainly just as good as any restaurant in a 45 mile radius :)

I feel sorry for you. Both on the protein selection & restaurant selection.

Thank you :(

*cries in corner*

at least the seafood's fresh :lol:

For the most part my supermarket quality proteins taste just as good as anything on my Coleman RoadTrip Grill :lol: and certainly just as good as any restaurant in a 45 mile radius :)

I feel sorry for you. Both on the protein selection & restaurant selection.

Thank you :(

*cries in corner*

at least the seafood's fresh :lol:

good proximity to an airport? :lol:

anyone here try a hid retrofit?

i'm thinking about doing one for fun..

I always wanted too, but doing them right is expensive

not looking to bad. found a practically pnp reflector for a 9006 lowbeam (fits the hole where the bulb is with very minimal modification and is held by a nut in the back basically). you can see from the pictures how it is held in place.

so 120 for the reflectors isnt too horrible.. i could go a cheaper route but it would require more modification of the headlight (as far as i know anyways).. im still debating about that

then all i need is a 9006 relay wiring harness and a h1 hid kit

The prices aren't too bad. I'm still contemplating doing it but I think it will look bad on an old car. Plus I just bought one Hella H4 housing to match the one I already had.

The bike sold today. Time to start looking for a Jeep for the boy.

Is it too hard to believe that several large woofers in a large enclosure in an SUV with a lot of power is easily going to be loud?

Is it too hard to believe that several large woofers in a large enclosure in an SUV with a lot of power is easily going to be loud?

Who would have guessed :puzzled:

Would four 15's in my truck be loud? :peepwall:

Ok time to get ready to put on the show. Later.

Saturday is almost over. Bought and butchered a pig today for this year's supply of pork. 300 pounds of pork barely fit into the cargo area of the jeep :D

Saturday is almost over. Bought and butchered a pig today for this year's supply of pork. 300 pounds of pork barely fit into the cargo area of the jeep :D

Steaks ftw.

Finally done with work for the day. I love working 9hr days on saturday.

300 pounds? Some big ass pig then..