mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

We just got the wheels on our volvo c30 powdercoated black for ~$375, came out great. :)

How do you like the torque-steer in that thing?

It's my dads car and we just got it so I've only ridden in it, hes driving it.

We were actually talking about it earlier today, it pulls you through the turns, it's a different feeling but handles well and it's the T5 model so it's quick.

Yeah, I test drove the R-model, but it was nothing more than seats, wheels and a badge. They are pretty quick, but the torque-steer from a dead stop will rip the wheel from your hand. I wish they made one in AWD.

Yeah, it's coming here and they have already started shutting stuff down. I don't get it. The roads are clear enough to travel and it's not coming down hard enough to make it uncontrollable like it was last month, so why bother closing shit?

We just got the wheels on our volvo c30 powdercoated black for ~$375, came out great. :)

How do you like the torque-steer in that thing?

It's my dads car and we just got it so I've only ridden in it, hes driving it.

We were actually talking about it earlier today, it pulls you through the turns, it's a different feeling but handles well and it's the T5 model so it's quick.

Yeah, I test drove the R-model, but it was nothing more than seats, wheels and a badge. They are pretty quick, but the torque-steer from a dead stop will rip the wheel from your hand. I wish they made one in AWD.

I'm looking at getting a V70 pretty soon, I considered the AWDs in the v70 class but everything I read says they have transmission problems. :ughdunno:

Good luck!

Found a killer deal on a v50 about ten minutes ago, called, it had just sold an hour ago. :suicide-santa:

already near 32F and the sun just went down...definitely getting a hard freeze tonight

It's sleeting here.

The whole section of the country from here to Chicago just sucks balls today. You guys have it worse than I do, and it sucks here.

Looks fine in chicago atm. I'll tell you what detroit looks like in an hour

starting to get not so nice in Ann Arbor

Seems like I'm going to drop off my extra rims to get powder coated. Thinking about flat black (black car). How durable is powder coating ?

I'm thinking that if the rims chip it will look like crap having black paint and white marks from chipping.

It's far more durable than paint, well, in a traditional paint. There are very hard paints that are heat-cured like powder coating and they are also electrostatic applied. You typically see these on OEM wheels. If you are going to have them coated, they will strip them down to bare metal first. You can only powder coat over powder and it has to be done right after the first coat, so you would have bare metal-powder-cure-cool-powder-cure. I don't know how much abuse your wheels will see, but I've had great success with normal spray paint (enamel) on wheels. IT's cheap and easy to touch-up if anything happens. Hell, scuff your wheels now, go grab several cans of paint, paint the wheels and see how it lasts. IT may cost you $30 and some time, but you may find it a cheap alternative to powder coating which could easily run $100+ per wheel. IT also give you the ability to easily touch up whenever you need.

They won't see too much abuse since they will be the street wheels. Maybe some dirt roads but that's it. And touching curbs with my tires is unlikey :)

I looked at a neighbors freshly refurbed wheels (sandblasted then powdercoated) and they turned out ok. Powdercoating was $5 / wheel, sandblasting was $30 for all 4. Not an outstanding job but way better than how mine look now, they are in horrible shape.

For how much the powdercoating costs I don't think it's worth spending my time painting them. Otherwise I'd paint for sure and touch up when needed.

WOW! At that price, it's a no-brainer.

Yep, HOLY SHEEEE-ITE

third of a cup of loose tea sound about right for a gallon pitcher?

For what purpose? Iced? If not, you are making too much at a time. If so, well then it depends on the water temp.

Flight was Cancelled.. of course.. Stupid fucking snow!

It's not even snowing that bad here in Wichita, KS.. Just LOTS of wind :(

Hopefully it's not cancelled another day.

For what purpose? Iced? If not, you are making too much at a time. If so, well then it depends on the water temp.

I only drink iced tea; in this case black. Based on what I've read via the internets ~1 tsp/2 grams per 8 oz. serving, which would come to ~16 tsp. (1/3 cup)/32 grams per gallon pitcher.

I only drink iced tea; in this case black. Based on what I've read via the internets ~1 tsp/2 grams per 8 oz. serving, which would come to ~16 tsp. (1/3 cup)/32 grams per gallon pitcher.

Ice Tea is good. :)

Mix it up everyday.

Supposed to get down to a balmy -20F with a wind chill of -37F tonight. :dammit:

dog water's got big ole chunks of ice in it

The whole section of the country from here to Chicago just sucks balls today. You guys have it worse than I do, and it sucks here.

Looks fine in chicago atm. I'll tell you what detroit looks like in an hour

starting to get not so nice in Ann Arbor

Hitting hard over here, looks terrible out right now but the blizzard will be here in acouple hours

Yeah, it's not so bad up in wichita ks... not a lot of snow fall just a TON of wind so it's whipping all the fallen snow around making it hard to see...

it's not wet snow either so most of it's not sticking

Seems like I'm going to drop off my extra rims to get powder coated. Thinking about flat black (black car). How durable is powder coating ?

I'm thinking that if the rims chip it will look like crap having black paint and white marks from chipping.

It's far more durable than paint, well, in a traditional paint. There are very hard paints that are heat-cured like powder coating and they are also electrostatic applied. You typically see these on OEM wheels. If you are going to have them coated, they will strip them down to bare metal first. You can only powder coat over powder and it has to be done right after the first coat, so you would have bare metal-powder-cure-cool-powder-cure. I don't know how much abuse your wheels will see, but I've had great success with normal spray paint (enamel) on wheels. IT's cheap and easy to touch-up if anything happens. Hell, scuff your wheels now, go grab several cans of paint, paint the wheels and see how it lasts. IT may cost you $30 and some time, but you may find it a cheap alternative to powder coating which could easily run $100+ per wheel. IT also give you the ability to easily touch up whenever you need.

They won't see too much abuse since they will be the street wheels. Maybe some dirt roads but that's it. And touching curbs with my tires is unlikey :)

I looked at a neighbors freshly refurbed wheels (sandblasted then powdercoated) and they turned out ok. Powdercoating was $5 / wheel, sandblasting was $30 for all 4. Not an outstanding job but way better than how mine look now, they are in horrible shape.

For how much the powdercoating costs I don't think it's worth spending my time painting them. Otherwise I'd paint for sure and touch up when needed.

WOW! At that price, it's a no-brainer.

Yep, HOLY SHEEEE-ITE

My thoughts exactly!!!!

J

Well, they have closed everything down here and declared a snow emergency so any non-emergency vehicles on the road can be ticketed. Such bullshit, but I'm still sick, so it doesn't really matter to me.

hopefully flying out today at 2:45.. hopefully.

Well, they have closed everything down here and declared a snow emergency so any non-emergency vehicles on the road can be ticketed. Such bullshit, but I'm still sick, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Sounds like fun.

Pictures of said snow madness?

J