mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

10 PM ride, awesome. Cool air, poorly dressed girls.

agreed, the fountek should be great in the A-pillar. and they have a relatively low mounting depth compared to some other drivers, which should allow me to keep the pods smaller and less obtrusive.

still on the fence with kicks vs doors for midbass..

there isn't carpet behind the stock plastic kick panel so the midbass would be vented out (no idea where to, firewall perhaps?). i could seal up the kicks as well i guess. also, i wont have to deaden the doors as much.

i remember reading about how it is better to get the midbass as wide as possible for the best staging. is this true?

doors are limited by a 3.25" mounting depth.

If you are running a full ranger, I wouldn't worry so much about the midbass for staging reasons. Crossing under 3-400Hz won't affect it much. I would instead consider where you can get them more volume behind the drivers, if the kicks are truly vented outside and you can seal it off that would be my pick.

I'll take a better look at it soon. Thanks for the help!

tried to cut some of that post down..

so im a idiot. mounting depth on 6.5 sls is 3.30" so they will fit in the doors. im not going with the kicks because they would need some work to even get sealed up well and they may vent outside but they also vent up behind the dash.

anyways, i think i will go with the sls in the doors, founteks in the a piller..

question on processing. im trying to spend about 200 on the head unit. alpine cda 9855 is at the top of the list, i also know the 9853 is an option but after showing my brother them, he liked the screen more on the 9855. the price difference is not much of a difference anyways.

so far i missed out on two 9855's on ebay. there is another coming up in a little over 1 day that i will try for.

i was also considering some other options.

im wondering on what you think of a alpine cda 105 and imprint combo? lowest price on ebay is about $235 (buy it now items). however, for about 170 you can get a 9853 with, what appears to be, the same functionality. (guess i answered my own question)

pioneer prs 880 and 800 seem to be going for a little more then what i would like to spend.

i think i'll try a wtb thread as well.

Make sure you check the tweeter channel high-pass in case you want to use full-ranges or even a passively crossed mid / tweeter combo on that channel.

thanks for pointing that out, i believe most alpine decks are stuck with a 1000hz highpass on the tweeter channel. so i went with an amp to handle the highpass on the full rangers (us acoustics usx 2080 from audioclinic).

Can you use the t/a and eq without the crossover being active on the tweet? If not....ugh.

tell me if this sounds about right..

you can set the slope to flat on the tweeter crossover. it involves "Setting the Response Slope for the High Range Speaker (TW SETUP)" and choosing "USER" which allows you to set a flat slope. by default it is set to "MAKER" which disables the Flat option.

Sounds just like all the newer Alpines I know.

Spent 6hrs today in the attic of the country house, insulating and installing sheetrock. 90 degrees outside, not sure how many inside but I'm beat.

long soak in espom salt, nice hot shave and I feel completely rejuvenated

Balls of steel.

Women in Valp, have GREAT legs. Really cool city, too bad the Panama Canal killed it.

Happy Father's Day to ALL the father's!!! Have an awesome day! :)

It took the fucktards at Qwest a week to tell me they don't have DSL where I moved. They turned my phone on a week ago, you think they would of said something then. None the less, I have Comcast internet at my house now!! HOORAY!!! :slayer:

Sold my trailer this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cash in hand, tittle handed over, as-is, I am fucking done and never looking back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am all but finished moving in to the new house. I finished the kitchen remodel too!! I will post pic's.

Sold the Trailer for 12k cash if anyone was wondering. I am just happy that I didn't have to owner finance. (trailer was to old to get a loan on) I wanted 18k plus interest, if I had to go that route. I paided 25k on payments 10 years ago for the shit box and its ten time's nicer now than when I got it..

It took the fucktards at Qwest a week to tell me they don't have DSL where I moved. They turned my phone on a week ago, you think they would of said something then. None the less, I have Comcast internet at my house now!! HOORAY!!! :slayer:

You poor bastard. Just wait until you have to deal with Comcast customer service. Wait again until you cancel your internet and they give you a confirmation number, yet still try to charge you 12 months afterwards and monthly send a guy out to disconnect a line that has been disconnected for over a year and call you non-stop.

WERD Jared!

You poor bastard. Just wait until you have to deal with Comcast customer service. Wait again until you cancel your internet and they give you a confirmation number, yet still try to charge you 12 months afterwards and monthly send a guy out to disconnect a line that has been disconnected for over a year and call you non-stop.

I orginally had everything through Qwest from way back, I was locked in at a rate they don't even offer anymore. I switched the cable to comcast a couple years ago bc they had on-demand, and haven't had any trouble's from them. No worse than Qwest anyways.

I am still amazed that they couldn't do the DSL across town from my other place. So now I am paying over double what I was.

Happy Fathers day papa'`s!

Likewise.

I heard Mark is gonna be a dad in December

Literally ran out of inspiration after 20 pages written today.

At least I understood the whole FFT theory and algorithms.

At least I understood the whole FFT theory and algorithms.

That basically is what I do all day everyday. What is the paper on?

Congrats Jared! Glad to hear all went well for you.