mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Ha, cheat sheet/open book are the same to me. :P

And of course they aren't harder if the prof sucks.

Every "cheat sheet" test I've had in college has been harder than regular tests. Open book/open note tests are harder still. Sadistic bastards...

doesn't help that professors are the biggest x factor when it comes to grading; I've already been docked a point off by this professor for answering "neutrons display no charge" rather than "neutrons display a neutral charge" on a homework assignment...

God I need time off again.

J

Open book tests are always harder.

I second that. I was in a class last year where all of the tests were open book. Class average on tests was around a 65. I think it's because most people hear open book and think that means they don't need to study.

doesn't help that professors are the biggest x factor when it comes to grading; I've already been docked a point off by this professor for answering "neutrons display no charge" rather than "neutrons display a neutral charge" on a homework assignment...

Picking a section with a good professor is really important. If I can I ask people who have taken the course already or go to ratemyprofessor. I hate dealing with some prick for an entire semester.

ALWAYS buy a used bike NEVER new. Just make sure you know how to fit the bike.

There is a rockhopper on craigslist for a bearable price at the same size as my old beauty.

What did you have, what size do you think you need, and what price?

I had a Rockhopper, heavy but durable bike that lasted me a long time. Size wise I am between a 19" and 20". Price, I would like to stay under $250 as I am not able to ride as serious as I used to, don't have the cash to really invest in something serious, and just need something quality and durable like my old Specialized.

Suspension or no? Preferred type of shifters?

Maybe front forks, but not necessarily needed. Shimano :)

Is it the top tube or standover that puts you on the 20"?

Good question, I think it was top tube. I cannot believe how far I have fallen out of the know on mountain bikes with how much I used to ride.

An old Breezer Lightning with some XTR shouldn't be terribly far out of your budget, one with XT will fit. not a pristine one, but then you won't feel bad riding it.

Very nice bike, but not seeing any (even on ebay) with in reach.

The HD428's are in. Wow, almost unsettling change from the old Sony cans. It is almost like the old Sony's just bailed out around 100hz. I am only 2 songs into the new set, too early to give a review, but impressed for sure, just like prior sennheisers's. The isolation is much improved, but I expected that with the shot cushions on the old units.

Picking a section with a good professor is really important. If I can I ask people who have taken the course already or go to ratemyprofessor. I hate dealing with some prick for an entire semester.

Only works for certain courses. Since I'm taking Nuclear Power Technology there's only one professor per course. Also its my last semester :P He seems okay...so far

Only works for certain courses. Since I'm taking Nuclear Power Technology there's only one professor per course. Also its my last semester :P He seems okay...so far

Congrats on being nearly done :)

not sure if I'm going to be "done", but thanks! :lol:

Oh look, Brabus stuffed yet another twin turbo V12 into an unsuspecting Mercedes chassis:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/14/brabus-rocket-800-frankfurt-2011/

Fuckbuckets, I need to call my guy at Brabus to see if they will take payment in souls.

Side note, my mother is in Frankfurt RIGHT NOW.

Anyone ever hear the morel tempo line?

Closest place to hear them is 2hours from me, I'm assuming they gotta be better the $100 vibe comp set I have. :roflmao:

All the reviews I read online, everyone raved about them.

If I had to choose, EV12 would still get my vote

I think this afternoon I am going to go to the other local shop and see what he still has.

J

If I had to choose, EV12 would still get my vote

If I had to choose, I would find my old car, fix the frame and drop that engine and drive line in it. ;)

same :)

twin turbo mercedes v12 in a Ranger would be kooky

Sean,

If I wanted more midbass, and I already had 6.5"s in the kickpanels, would it be a bad idea to add another pair of the same 6.5"s into the dash (firing towards windshield).

Already planning on replacing my current 6.5" comp set to something nicer, perhaps morel maximo or morel tempo, but I'm feeling like they'll sound much better, but may not have enough "omph".

maximos are 125, tempos 240, my budget is basically 250, so I could do the better line in kick panels, or two sets of the lower line (one set in kick panels, other in dash).

I've read a bunch of reviews of both sets, raving about the midbass and soft tweeter (I don't want anything harsh).

:D

Whiskey, gin, and brandy...