mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I guess you know better then me. They only used the Cleveland?

Better heads :)

They were back then, but the entire engine is a different beast from the Windsors.

Sean,

If I wanted more midbass, and I already had 6.5"s in the kickpanels, would it be a bad idea to add another pair of the same 6.5"s into the dash (firing towards windshield).

Already planning on replacing my current 6.5" comp set to something nicer, perhaps morel maximo or morel tempo, but I'm feeling like they'll sound much better, but may not have enough "omph".

maximos are 125, tempos 240, my budget is basically 250, so I could do the better line in kick panels, or two sets of the lower line (one set in kick panels, other in dash).

I've read a bunch of reviews of both sets, raving about the midbass and soft tweeter (I don't want anything harsh).

:D

No. And changing comp sets isn't the best way to get their either.

I asked if it was a bad idea, you said no, but I'm assuming you mean no in general to the whole thing.

So if I wanted more midbass, instead of mounting fifty speakers on my door panels, what would you suggest.

If I crossover the subwoofers higher then it starts to sound sloppy, not as "tight".

Simply put, my goal is more midbass. I have the door, dash, and kick panels to work with.

Or maybe I should just look for the speaker with the highest RMS rating and give it as much power as I can before it blows. :suicide-santa:

Instead of pointing the kick panel speakers from opposite sides (ex, speaker on driver side point to passenger, passenger speaker pointed to driver.) if I pointed both speakers to the driver? I haven't read a whole lot on alignments...

I see JL has a 6.5" subwoofer, JL Audio 6W3V3-4.......................................... :trippy:

Have you considered going active? Considering all the fabrication work you're able to do a fullrange and a hardcore midbass would be pretty sweet considering your goals. Sean's mentioned the idea before and it seems like it would satisfy your goals.

Yes I'm starting to consider to it.

I'm thinking about:

exodus anarchy

http://www.diycable.com/main/product_info.php?products_id=538

sls 6.5

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-6-7-woofers/peerless-830946-sls-6.5-woofer-4-ohm/

then

SEAS Prestige 4.4"

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-4-midrange/seas-prestige-mca12rc-h1304-4.5-coated-paper-midrange/

Legatia L3 HAT

http://store.12velectronics.com/products/Legatia-L3-Speaker-Set.html

And finally some tweeters if needed.

and getting a new amp, some crossover, or maybe a minidsp?

I know I'm very strung out and indecisive today, just a bad day for me.

It would be a considerable step up from a component set. Let me know what you end up going with.

boots polished, suit and shirt pressed, ring washed and polished...career fairs...fun...

Ugh, I hate those things. I went to a ton looking for an internship. Now that I've got one I still ended up going to two already this year. Good luck.

4 turbo w 16 in a pantera, or similar.

Sean will like that idea :P

Actually I'd rather see a ridiculously lightweight something with shitloads of power. A high revving lightweight 6/8 is more than fine with tha BOOST.

What makes that car so desirable to you? You don't hear much about them, are they a good platform to build upon or something?

I can get one from the year I was born, I prefer the look of them to any exotic from the non-super modern era, the drivetrain is vanilla Ford and easily and cheaply tweaked, they outhandle a Lotus Espirit stock for stock and there are ton of improvements that are easy to make, the dashboard is ultra easily shaped to make a more modern custom one, I "can" fit in one (with modifications - ie, dropping the floor a few inches), huge rubber fits in stock format, the ZF trans is pretty bulletproof, and they are just flat out sexy IMO.

What a great year that was!

They were back then, but the entire engine is a different beast from the Windsors.

Indeed, the Cleveland is a much different beast, the 351 is huge and has the potential to make some real serious power. They are nearly impossible to find now at decent prices.

Need some 4" componants or coaxials for my firebird.............

Any suggestions?

I have tried the kick panels and with it being a manual I can see my kicking it often. And the doors MIGHT work, but damn if they aren't deep.

J

How about an array of 2's going up the pillar?

Hmmmmm I hadn't considered that.

The main goal her is decently loud, clear music. Mainly rock, metal, and some hip hop.

J

Road less traveled T0P

J

i

4 turbo w 16 in a pantera, or similar.

Sean will like that idea :P

Actually I'd rather see a ridiculously lightweight something with shitloads of power. A high revving lightweight 6/8 is more than fine with tha BOOST.

Hennessey Venom GT? 2,685 curb weight, 1,200 bhp

note though that I don't endorse anything that buttmuch sells...

Ariel Atom?

Sean,

If I wanted more midbass, and I already had 6.5"s in the kickpanels, would it be a bad idea to add another pair of the same 6.5"s into the dash (firing towards windshield).

Already planning on replacing my current 6.5" comp set to something nicer, perhaps morel maximo or morel tempo, but I'm feeling like they'll sound much better, but may not have enough "omph".

maximos are 125, tempos 240, my budget is basically 250, so I could do the better line in kick panels, or two sets of the lower line (one set in kick panels, other in dash).

I've read a bunch of reviews of both sets, raving about the midbass and soft tweeter (I don't want anything harsh).

I asked if it was a bad idea, you said no, but I'm assuming you mean no in general to the whole thing.

So if I wanted more midbass, instead of mounting fifty speakers on my door panels, what would you suggest.

If I crossover the subwoofers higher then it starts to sound sloppy, not as "tight".

Simply put, my goal is more midbass. I have the door, dash, and kick panels to work with.

Or maybe I should just look for the speaker with the highest RMS rating and give it as much power as I can before it blows. :suicide-santa:

Instead of pointing the kick panel speakers from opposite sides (ex, speaker on driver side point to passenger, passenger speaker pointed to driver.) if I pointed both speakers to the driver? I haven't read a whole lot on alignments...

I see JL has a 6.5" subwoofer, JL Audio 6W3V3-4.......................................... :trippy:

Have you considered going active? Considering all the fabrication work you're able to do a fullrange and a hardcore midbass would be pretty sweet considering your goals. Sean's mentioned the idea before and it seems like it would satisfy your goals.

I'm thinking about:

exodus anarchy

sls 6.5

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-6-7-woofers/peerless-830946-sls-6.5-woofer-4-ohm/

then

SEAS Prestige 4.4"

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-4-midrange/seas-prestige-mca12rc-h1304-4.5-coated-paper-midrange/

Legatia L3 HAT

i've used these in my car, sounded pretty good. stepped up to a 3way later though.

installing thesecurrently in my bro's car, but haven't heard them yet.

you could check out zaphaudio.com for some reviews.

Sean,

I installed one of those once, it's a midbass at best, keep in mind it's built to work as a sub. You are better off with an SLS 6.5.

My car is aligned selfishly. Both drivers aimed so that they stage the best. Seeing people point speakers at the rear view mirror makes me chuckle :D You listen with your ears, not with your eyes.

I'll look into the peerless, I also forgot that the exodus anarchy 6.5's are being blown out. $65usd a pop. :D

And found a bunch more peerless, scan-speak, and seas prestige 6.5s on madisound... the fun begins, I mine as well just flip a coin.

Crapnozzles, I want a better midbass and payday is almost a month away :(

Sean,

I'm thinking about:

exodus anarchy

sls 6.5

then

SEAS Prestige 4.4"

Legatia L3 HAT

No L3 please :)

Check out Fostex, they made a replacement for the FF85k.

Sean,

I'm thinking about:

exodus anarchy

sls 6.5

then

SEAS Prestige 4.4"

Legatia L3 HAT

No L3 please :)

Check out Fostex, they made a replacement for the FF85k.

I ruled out the L3 about an hour ago lol.

Leaning towards exodus ex-anarchy, and peerless 3" full range.

Then getting some sort of processing. Looking at audison bit ten but that's awfully pricey for me.

The minidsp is pretty sweet but I don't believe it would be on the fly adjustments unless I could do it realtime with a laptop. I have to read more on the documentation.

flocked my first set of A-pillars tonight, turned out pretty well i think.

pics?

epic-win-photos-bar-win.jpg

Up in here, up in here.

Sean,

I'm thinking about:

exodus anarchy

sls 6.5

then

SEAS Prestige 4.4"

Legatia L3 HAT

Whoa, slow down killer.

Goals, mounting locations, budget, processing, etc first.

And throw out the stupid HAT idea, overpriced marketing foo foo.

boots polished, suit and shirt pressed, ring washed and polished...career fairs...fun...

Only in Texas would this start with boots.

Indeed. Sort of assumed back then was implied.

Most today are getting 427 small blocks based on the W.

Need some 4" componants or coaxials for my firebird.............

Any suggestions?

I have tried the kick panels and with it being a manual I can see my kicking it often. And the doors MIGHT work, but damn if they aren't deep.

J

How about an array of 2's going up the pillar?

Hmmmmm I hadn't considered that.

The main goal her is decently loud, clear music. Mainly rock, metal, and some hip hop.

J

Then the 4" comp set is a huge fail...

Sean,

I'm thinking about:

exodus anarchy

sls 6.5

then

SEAS Prestige 4.4"

Legatia L3 HAT

Whoa, slow down killer.

Goals, mounting locations, budget, processing, etc first.

And throw out the stupid HAT idea, overpriced marketing foo foo.

I did throw out the hat :P.

Goals, mid bass with authority, lots and lots. Considering a single 6.5" since those would fit nicely in the kick panel area.

Midrange / tweeter can be mounted in dash / a-pillar, I'll likely try a-pillar first, they can be on-axis, anything.

Budget is around $800-900 for new speakers, 4channel amp, and processing.

Current Headunit has a single rca output for front, which shouldn't be a problem if I end up getting an audison bit ten?

Midbass authority and 6.5" aren't coincident goals. Need to move up to at least an 8.

Although before I say that I should ask how high you are willing to let your subs play because that could surely allow a smaller Sd for the midbass.

Although before I say that I should ask how high you are willing to let your subs play because that could surely allow a smaller Sd for the midbass.

In the past when I cross them over higher to play some midbass, I felt like it started to pull away from the bass (~35hz-70hz), like it was playing too wide of content and started to lose it's "tightness", almost muddy.