mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Ugh slow work computer. My process consist of Analyze file ... wait.... surf net.... analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....analyze next file .... wait .... Surf net....

4 turbo w 16 in a pantera, or similar.

Sean will like that idea :P

Actually I'd rather see a ridiculously lightweight something with shitloads of power. A high revving lightweight 6/8 is more than fine with tha BOOST.

What makes that car so desirable to you? You don't hear much about them, are they a good platform to build upon or something?

I can get one from the year I was born, I prefer the look of them to any exotic from the non-super modern era, the drivetrain is vanilla Ford and easily and cheaply tweaked, they outhandle a Lotus Espirit stock for stock and there are ton of improvements that are easy to make, the dashboard is ultra easily shaped to make a more modern custom one, I "can" fit in one (with modifications - ie, dropping the floor a few inches), huge rubber fits in stock format, the ZF trans is pretty bulletproof, and they are just flat out sexy IMO.

J,

I know Pioneer makes some coaxials that are low-power rated. TS series I believe? If you don't plan on amping them then maybe look into those. I do not have hands on experience with those exact models. But I have used Pioneer components and coaxials in the past and have been pleased.

twin turbo crown vic would be interesting

Actually I'd rather see a ridiculously lightweight something with shitloads of power. A high revving lightweight 6/8 is more than fine with tha BOOST.

What makes that car so desirable to you? You don't hear much about them, are they a good platform to build upon or something?

I can get one from the year I was born, I prefer the look of them to any exotic from the non-super modern era, the drivetrain is vanilla Ford and easily and cheaply tweaked, they outhandle a Lotus Espirit stock for stock and there are ton of improvements that are easy to make, the dashboard is ultra easily shaped to make a more modern custom one, I "can" fit in one (with modifications - ie, dropping the floor a few inches), huge rubber fits in stock format, the ZF trans is pretty bulletproof, and they are just flat out sexy IMO.

They do look really good. It's a perfect project car is what I'm taking away from this. Thanks for breaking it down, I was mostly curious why that as opposed to what else is out there.

There is one Pantera around here with the 351 Windsor. Very sexy car and is suprisingly fast. I don't know if any modifications have been done to it. It looks completely stock in and out. :ughdunno:

MK, the cummins 6 is not quite something I'd put in a luxury cruiser. Way too noisy...

For such a car I'd really want something refined :D

They do look really good. It's a perfect project car is what I'm taking away from this. Thanks for breaking it down, I was mostly curious why that as opposed to what else is out there.

I am open to other things, what could they be?

Oh and cheap is on the list to :)

There is one Pantera around here with the 351 Windsor. Very sexy car and is suprisingly fast. I don't know if any modifications have been done to it. It looks completely stock in and out. :ughdunno:

Cleveland, not W.

I never knew they handle so well and never knew the trans was bulletproof :D

I never knew they handle so well

I guess you know better then me. They only used the Cleveland?

Sean,

If I wanted more midbass, and I already had 6.5"s in the kickpanels, would it be a bad idea to add another pair of the same 6.5"s into the dash (firing towards windshield).

Already planning on replacing my current 6.5" comp set to something nicer, perhaps morel maximo or morel tempo, but I'm feeling like they'll sound much better, but may not have enough "omph".

maximos are 125, tempos 240, my budget is basically 250, so I could do the better line in kick panels, or two sets of the lower line (one set in kick panels, other in dash).

I've read a bunch of reviews of both sets, raving about the midbass and soft tweeter (I don't want anything harsh).

:D

No. And changing comp sets isn't the best way to get their either.

I asked if it was a bad idea, you said no, but I'm assuming you mean no in general to the whole thing.

So if I wanted more midbass, instead of mounting fifty speakers on my door panels, what would you suggest.

If I crossover the subwoofers higher then it starts to sound sloppy, not as "tight".

Simply put, my goal is more midbass. I have the door, dash, and kick panels to work with.

Or maybe I should just look for the speaker with the highest RMS rating and give it as much power as I can before it blows. :suicide-santa:

Instead of pointing the kick panel speakers from opposite sides (ex, speaker on driver side point to passenger, passenger speaker pointed to driver.) if I pointed both speakers to the driver? I haven't read a whole lot on alignments...

I see JL has a 6.5" subwoofer, JL Audio 6W3V3-4.......................................... :trippy:

Sean,

If I wanted more midbass, and I already had 6.5"s in the kickpanels, would it be a bad idea to add another pair of the same 6.5"s into the dash (firing towards windshield).

Already planning on replacing my current 6.5" comp set to something nicer, perhaps morel maximo or morel tempo, but I'm feeling like they'll sound much better, but may not have enough "omph".

maximos are 125, tempos 240, my budget is basically 250, so I could do the better line in kick panels, or two sets of the lower line (one set in kick panels, other in dash).

I've read a bunch of reviews of both sets, raving about the midbass and soft tweeter (I don't want anything harsh).

I asked if it was a bad idea, you said no, but I'm assuming you mean no in general to the whole thing.

So if I wanted more midbass, instead of mounting fifty speakers on my door panels, what would you suggest.

If I crossover the subwoofers higher then it starts to sound sloppy, not as "tight".

Simply put, my goal is more midbass. I have the door, dash, and kick panels to work with.

Or maybe I should just look for the speaker with the highest RMS rating and give it as much power as I can before it blows. :suicide-santa:

Instead of pointing the kick panel speakers from opposite sides (ex, speaker on driver side point to passenger, passenger speaker pointed to driver.) if I pointed both speakers to the driver? I haven't read a whole lot on alignments...

I see JL has a 6.5" subwoofer, JL Audio 6W3V3-4.......................................... :trippy:

I installed one of those once, it's a midbass at best, keep in mind it's built to work as a sub. You are better off with an SLS 6.5.

My car is aligned selfishly. Both drivers aimed so that they stage the best. Seeing people point speakers at the rear view mirror makes me chuckle :D You listen with your ears, not with your eyes.

Sean,

I installed one of those once, it's a midbass at best, keep in mind it's built to work as a sub. You are better off with an SLS 6.5.

My car is aligned selfishly. Both drivers aimed so that they stage the best. Seeing people point speakers at the rear view mirror makes me chuckle :D You listen with your ears, not with your eyes.

I'll look into the peerless, I also forgot that the exodus anarchy 6.5's are being blown out. $65usd a pop. :D

And found a bunch more peerless, scan-speak, and seas prestige 6.5s on madisound... the fun begins, I mine as well just flip a coin.

Sean,

Have you considered going active? Considering all the fabrication work you're able to do a fullrange and a hardcore midbass would be pretty sweet considering your goals. Sean's mentioned the idea before and it seems like it would satisfy your goals.

Sean,

Have you considered going active? Considering all the fabrication work you're able to do a fullrange and a hardcore midbass would be pretty sweet considering your goals. Sean's mentioned the idea before and it seems like it would satisfy your goals.

Yes I'm starting to consider to it.

I'm thinking about:

exodus anarchy

http://www.diycable.com/main/product_info.php?products_id=538

sls 6.5

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-6-7-woofers/peerless-830946-sls-6.5-woofer-4-ohm/

then

SEAS Prestige 4.4"

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-4-midrange/seas-prestige-mca12rc-h1304-4.5-coated-paper-midrange/

Legatia L3 HAT

http://store.12velectronics.com/products/Legatia-L3-Speaker-Set.html

And finally some tweeters if needed.

and getting a new amp, some crossover, or maybe a minidsp?

I know I'm very strung out and indecisive today, just a bad day for me.

I guess you know better then me. They only used the Cleveland?

Better heads :)

boots polished, suit and shirt pressed, ring washed and polished...career fairs...fun...