mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I can sand some, but sanding the inside of a box isn't so much fun nor do I want to do it much.

I have no pictures, but imagine a plastic rectangular tub made from 1/4" plastic and you've got it. Tucked underneath some fiberglass supports so you can't see the edges and since the supports and opening is smaller than the tub it can't come out.

I only use FedEx when its a buyers request.

J

I see you reading the thread rick

Yeah I had to go check it out.

I can sand some, but sanding the inside of a box isn't so much fun nor do I want to do it much.

I have no pictures, but imagine a plastic rectangular tub made from 1/4" plastic and you've got it. Tucked underneath some fiberglass supports so you can't see the edges and since the supports and opening is smaller than the tub it can't come out.

Okay I'm understanding it better now.

Okay how about: lay flat pieces of insulation on sides, and bottom. Then make a wood shell, half inch shorter or something on sides, that drops in. Before gluing/screwing the wood panels together for the shell, cover them in some resin. Then drop that in, and fill any voids between the shell and insulation with expanding foam. Sand down the excess foam that comes over the top, then use a little mat and resin over the top to make it sealed and flush.

Sorta sounds like what you were already thinking?

I only use FedEx when its a buyers request.

J

And I thought it was FedEx I was waiting for. Just showed up, it was UPS.

Bosch alt showed up. :woot:

Im trying to find a company that makes a larger alt for the stang

It has a 200a hairpin wound alt currently would like a 275

Bosch alt showed up. woot.gif

Is yours force-air cooled?

Bosch alt showed up. woot.gif

Is yours force-air cooled?

Not sure. BOSCH AL9409X

It's an oem replacement, not high output unfortunately.

Although the current stock alt is doing a terrible job charging, according to the local volvo shop, it may be the regulator / computer failing.

Possibly a failing starter as well (trouble starting sometimes). I'm not sure how to test the starter.

Shops going to check the regulator / computer / wiring under the car, install the new alt if needed / replace regulator, and check the vibration in the front.

Edited by stefanhinote

YARRRRRRRRR I BE SWABBIN THE POOP DECK MATEY

Cooler in my Malibu won't keep ice frozen when its below freezing. Absolutely NO insulation.

That being said, I'd like to address it. Regrettably I cannot remove it due to the design of the boat so I "get" to bulid the cooler in situ. Plan is to use some Polyiso sheeting from Home Depot and cover in Fiberglass or Epoxy resin.

Is that of the 2" foam board variety? I hope so, because half and even one inch foam coolers doesn't keep stuff cold for very long in my experience

Okay I'm understanding it better now.

Okay how about: lay flat pieces of insulation on sides, and bottom. Then make a wood shell, half inch shorter or something on sides, that drops in. Before gluing/screwing the wood panels together for the shell, cover them in some resin. Then drop that in, and fill any voids between the shell and insulation with expanding foam. Sand down the excess foam that comes over the top, then use a little mat and resin over the top to make it sealed and flush.

Sorta sounds like what you were already thinking?

Sorta what I was thinking. The hole is probably 3" smaller in both dimensions so the shell will have to be assembled in the cooler and coated. Flush may not be a big deal though as it'll be hidden under a recess.

Cooler in my Malibu won't keep ice frozen when its below freezing. Absolutely NO insulation.

That being said, I'd like to address it. Regrettably I cannot remove it due to the design of the boat so I "get" to bulid the cooler in situ. Plan is to use some Polyiso sheeting from Home Depot and cover in Fiberglass or Epoxy resin.

Is that of the 2" foam board variety? I hope so, because half and even one inch foam coolers doesn't keep stuff cold for very long in my experience

I can't find thicker than 1", but figured 2 layers would help. Going to foil it as well.

Watching the basketball game Sean? :P

I love and hate the internet. I found the opposite, but of course when comparing even the aging values moisture was not included. In a boat that'll be a problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-value_%28insulation%29

Of course this shows that Polyurethane is always better than styrene.

And I know myself well enough, I will not have the boat more than 5 years. Lol.

Had thought about just building a frame in it out of wood, paint then epoxy and fill under the frame with poly expanded foam

Yeah its full of great information, and misinformation. Makes it hard to know what's true at times.

Lately I've been reading whitepapers from researchers, doctors, etc, and even it can be misleading, or simply cherry pick certain results from a study to support their hypothesis.

Watching the basketball game Sean? tongue.png

didn't know the wolves were even playing, lol. I don't usually have time for TV and at 67-53 I think I'll leave it off . :P

Watching the basketball game Sean? tongue.png

didn't know the wolves were even playing, lol. I don't usually have time for TV and at 67-53 I think I'll leave it off . tongue.png

Me either, but lately I've been watching the Suns play.

How did everyone's kid's enjoy Easter?

J

Aidan loved it. Good food makes people happy including kids. Had a ham on the egg for 7 hours, yummy.

Aidan loved it. Good food makes people happy including kids. Had a ham on the egg for 7 hours, yummy.

I thought you had a Primo?

I think it is the Viking egg.

I thought you had a Primo?

It's a Viking, but I figure saying Egg is more clear to most.

Or egg in armor.