mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I feel great that I got paid five bucks today for taking a shit

Yes, those rails for the gantry cranes do have dirt on them, must be because they're on top of the fucking building. There aren't any weeds up there either, as the roof is really thick concrete. Like, a couple of feet thick. You know, to support the weight of those gantrys and their loads, and the weight of the other stuff up there.

Yes, those rails for the gantry cranes do have dirt on them, must be because they're on top of the fucking building. There aren't any weeds up there either, as the roof is really thick concrete. Like, a couple of feet thick. You know, to support the weight of those gantrys and their loads, and the weight of the other stuff up there.

Like the 300+ tons of steam turbines and that 25kV, 1.25 GW generator

Edited by Penguin4x4

Watching a 200 ton generator rotor being hoisted into place is fucking cool, btw

Teenage hillbillies tried to run me off the road on the way home. Good thing I was anxious to get home and have some supper or else I would've taken my work related rage out on 'em. Yes, I have been working since six this morning but I have more than enough energy to beat some respect into all three of you.

didn't wear long sleeves when sanding/cutting the fg so i got a nice rash on my inner elbow and forearm. any tips to alleviate teh itchiness?

Nothing you can do now, but let it work its way out. Next time you do this, do NOT wash up with hot water. It opens your pores and allows the fibers to embed themselves deeper in your skin.

Or use hot wax, that will pull most shit out of your skin.

Thanks for this; AWESOME info!

Just remember you can not wait a couple days to do this. It must be done fairly quick, I keep hot wax at work for this, metal splinters suck!

What sort of wax? Does the hair come too? I'm a fucking monkey.

I think they're telling you to rabbet joint the wood. A dado blade works good if you have one, then notch pipe to fit tight.

I don't have dado's....but have a router installed on my table saw so that is no problem.

What I didn't follow was it sounded like a double rabbet was being recommended.

I thought double rabbet also until the latest sketch up.

I dont think he'll need any rabbets given the PVC's natural spring to roll in on itself once he cuts it.

I dont think a rabbet joint is needed either. IF anything I would leave a tab in the middle of the PVC and do a mortise and tenon in the middle. Would lock together like Lego's!

Love it, completely hadn't thought about doing that. :)

I'm beat, making headway. Mostly new electrical pulled, walls up, HVAC re-routed, and a thousand other oh shit forgot that things done. Insulating and sheetrocking tomorrow after I pull out the 14/2 I pulled to the outlets and replace with 12/3. 20A circuit for the theater room...

photobucket-23349-1334456845717.jpg

Whoa, looking good. Lot further than when I saw that. :)

didn't wear long sleeves when sanding/cutting the fg so i got a nice rash on my inner elbow and forearm. any tips to alleviate teh itchiness?

Nothing you can do now, but let it work its way out. Next time you do this, do NOT wash up with hot water. It opens your pores and allows the fibers to embed themselves deeper in your skin.

Just remember you can not wait a couple days to do this. It must be done fairly quick, I keep hot wax at work for this, metal splinters suck!

Yes the hair goes with it. Hot wax used to remove hair is what I was given.

I thought you were selling your house Sean?

I have not evolved much from the gorilla myself.

Been getting laser hair removal for my back though. Some of the best money ever spent. It's a billion degrees cooler.

I am down roughly 70 pounds, and my arms are back in the >18" zone. I hope the strength and lung capacity will catch up soon.....

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/frustrations/e718/

thinking about buying this for my dad

funny story: right now they're trying to bring unit 2 back online, and my dad is basically babysitting the control room

he literally sits there doing sudoku puzzles while listening to his sony mp3 player and anytime the reactor operators have a question or concern they ask him

shift manager didn't care too much for that last night and told the operators "don't ask him, he's in the training department, he doesn't know the answer to that"

yeah he doesn't know anything, he just helped bring the unit online for the first time back in '89

he doesn't know it better than most people know their family or anything

pffft

needless to say he got taken to the woodshed, verbally at least

Sounds like great progress Matt!

It is good. I just feel horrible that I got this fat.

It's horrific actually.

Congrats on the weight loss. :) Not being at that job helping?

Congrats on the weight loss. smile.png Not being at that job helping?

Yes. Way less stress. In the gym 2 times a day sometimes.

Lots of hot tub sets!

I actually had to start wearing a belt on all my pants. Kind of a nice feeling. I have a lot of old clothes that I might be able to fit into if I keep loosing.

That's a lot of dropped weight. Like a half of me. :D