mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Does anyone have any experience with metal sheds? I need something cheap and easy to hold my tractor and found this at Lowes. It will be up off the ground with a treated cedar frame and I will coat it in a roll on urethane bed liner eventually. Im just worried about it holding up to wind.

Looking at this.

http://www.lowes.com...1&storeId=10151

As long as the roof is up to the snow load where you live should be fine. The roofs are loud when it rains if its near where any one sleeps.

Fuck, I never even thought of snow. It will be a back corner furthest away from any bedrooms. I think the urethane will deaden it enough.

Gavin's going to help me change my tractor engine today. We'll see how long it will hold his attention. He likes to play with tools, so let's see if he can handle them.

Does anyone have any experience with metal sheds? I need something cheap and easy to hold my tractor and found this at Lowes. It will be up off the ground with a treated cedar frame and I will coat it in a roll on urethane bed liner eventually. Im just worried about it holding up to wind.

Looking at this.

As long as the roof is up to the snow load where you live should be fine. The roofs are loud when it rains if its near where any one sleeps.

Fuck, I never even thought of snow. It will be a back corner furthest away from any bedrooms. I think the urethane will deaden it enough.

For what you are doing would peel and seal for roofing work for that? If snow is a concern add some 2x4 innner supports.

Edited by nem

Gavin's going to help me change my tractor engine today. We'll see how long it will hold his attention. He likes to play with tools, so let's see if he can handle them.

It is great when kids help!

My order status has been sitting on "awaiting shipment" for hours. Seriously, how fucking long does it take to box a driver up and ship the thing. Your company sucks!

adhd.gif

These are the ones I like. No clue when you'll get them, then you come home from work one day and there is a surprise at your door step. How the fuck can someone complain about that? It's like finding money in an old coat.

Looking at this.

For what you are doing would peel and seal for roofing work for that? If snow is a concern add some 2x4 innner supports.

This is what I will be coating the entire outside with. I used it on the cooling towers at Sears and Kmart and it's held up superbly and thats being assaulted with highly acidic water.

http://www.nonslipcoating.com/

Looking at this.

This is what I will be coating the entire outside with. I used it on the cooling towers at Sears and Kmart and it's held up superbly and thats being assaulted with highly acidic water.

I wouldn't waste anymore money than needed. The factory paint/coating should be good enough for the girls you live with... oh wait, disregard the latter. The roof should be fine too, just keep an eye on it the first few snow storms.

Looking at this.

Looks like good stuff. I may try that out on the lower part of the F150 in black if it does not sell this week.

My dad was a deisel mechcanic, and owned his own shop when I was a kid. I spent endless hours out on service calls in the dump or out in the middle of nowhere. Was usaully a track pealed off in two foot of snow, engine work, hydraulic cylinder, etc. I had a blast! He would let me run the boom on his service truck.

didn't wear long sleeves when sanding/cutting the fg so i got a nice rash on my inner elbow and forearm. any tips to alleviate teh itchiness?

Use lotion and or talcum powder on your arms next time.

Personally I'd cut channels into the MDF so you can slide the PVC in and use some long screws from between the tubes towards the inside and grab the MDF panel.

Seal off the gaps from the inside with some chopped fiberglass and epoxy resin and you can probably call it a day. You will probably have to install the 10" tube before the 8" tube.

Channels?

Man my brain must be off. Just carried 37 sheets of sheet rock down the stairs so I know why that might be the case...

Grooves seems more appropriate, my terminology is off, direct translation from romanian doesn't work all the time :)

I might throw up some other goodies, such as:

Dayton RS180's

Dayton RS28a

Seas Excel W18

Seas CA18RNX

Alpine XT19 variant

Have some more, just having a brainfart. Open to getting rid of anything.

Hmmm, W18 + FF85k in the Jeep ?

Truthfully you'd be better off with the ER's or CA's. The extra clarity in the lower midrange of the Excel isn't really the right thing to compromise in a car.

CA's would have been my second option. I wonder if they are an improvement over the Mach 5 MLI's. I guess I should try mine one day since I think they use the same mounting hole...

Huge improvement in every aspect.

Would feel sort of like a wasting the potential for midrange since my midbass is LP'ed at 200Hz.

Gah, this has me thinking now about a pair of Extremis 6.8. I don't want to step up to an SLS8 since it's way too much weight for the doors. How much do you want for the CA18's ?

Won't shipping be your bitch? If you are only going to 200Hz either the Extremis or Ex Anarchy would be a better choice.

More or less, yes.

There's a pair of Extremis 6.8 on DIYMA, I've contacted the guy a few months ago and seems he still has them now...weird...maybe it's a sign...

progress on my kicks woot.gif

579733_3728160804013_1275726174_3550875_1695374563_n.jpg

trying some paint but i might end up wrapping them later.... on second thought, wrapping the one on the right would be dam near impossible..

544870_3728944983617_1275726174_3551282_2039213501_n.jpg

Excellent !

didn't wear long sleeves when sanding/cutting the fg so i got a nice rash on my inner elbow and forearm. any tips to alleviate teh itchiness?

Don't wash with warm water but I have a suspicion you already did..

I never had issues with rash from sanding FG.

Nothing you can do now, but let it work its way out. Next time you do this, do NOT wash up with hot water. It opens your pores and allows the fibers to embed themselves deeper in your skin.

Beat me to it...

Chris323. Or whatever?

He is currently driving me crazy as well. Him as An-i-no's little twerp fight

Chris323. Or whatever?

He is currently driving me crazy as well. Him as An-i-no's little twerp fight

I just increased Chris's warning level for bumping old threads without adding any useful information to them. I have no problems with bumping old threads if you add to the subject, but his nonsensical bumps piss me off.

i cant sit by idle any longer.. fuck this guy.lm speaking up...

hes lucky im not a mod i would abuse my power on him for sure

I warned him previous to this statement, but wouldn't consider it a power abusal.

Well this is his sig now... wonder who thats directed at.

"Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?"

it was to antonio.

i believe it should be removed.......

i have to say he as chilled out in the past few days.

Edited by bigjon

Some damn eastern Eurpians and a 95 pound Irish Korean bartender got me fucked as drunk last night.

Drain bramage for sure.,

Don't wash with warm water but I have a suspicion you already did..

I never had issues with rash from sanding FG.

Me either. A few small itches here and there, but nothing bad.

Nothing you can do now, but let it work its way out. Next time you do this, do NOT wash up with hot water. It opens your pores and allows the fibers to embed themselves deeper in your skin.

Or use hot wax, that will pull most shit out of your skin.

Thanks for this; AWESOME info!

Just remember you can not wait a couple days to do this. It must be done fairly quick, I keep hot wax at work for this, metal splinters suck!

Yeah, that is self-explanatory. This would have helped me yesterday as I cut a nice one out of my thumb.

Never tried it but heard a scotch-brite pad rubbed circular over the splinter will grab it and pull it out for the small ones.

My grandfather used that method.