total score 94% :D

teh exam results are in :woot:

total score 94% :D

Nice work! On the planars too!

ALL DAY STAG????????

NICE

Pics of STFU

J

How do you attach the terminals to 1/0 power wire? I tried clamping it but it doesn't pass the pull test. My old wiring kit had some sort of glue in there and it was clamped down on the wire, so what do I do?

-John

If I'm wiring an ICON to 1ohm, I'd use this diagram right?

1_2ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

Would I just use a single strand of speaker wire to the box, go to both +,- and then split the speaker wire in half and take a black and blue strand to connect the 2 postives and 2 negatives on the speaker? I'm sure that's confusing, so is it ok to stuff 2 speaker wires into one terminal to make it a series connection?

or would I run 2 lengths of wire from the amp to the box and attach a + - to each voice coil? That would use all 4 wire connections on the amp, is that okay and would that make a 1ohm load?

-John

Edited by ILuvJDM

4 pieces of wire, jumper from - to - and jumper from + to + and then a jumper from - to amp - and + to amp +

computer

axles

water hoses

a/c lines

too much work, too little time

i really want some tubular control arms for the fiero too, but alas, nobody makes them

4 pieces of wire, jumper from - to - and jumper from + to + and then a jumper from - to amp - and + to amp +

ok, so I'd cut the wrapping that's on the kicker wire (double twisted blue and black wire) and just use the individual wire to connect the sub in series, and then run 1 strand of wire like it comes and connect the master + and - on the sub to the + and - on the amp?

The push terminals on the ICON don't look big enough to fit 2 wires in there so is there another connection or do I just make it fit?

thanks for the quick reply, this install isn't going as planned :sigh:

-John

if you have a DVC2ohm and you want 1ohm you want to connect in parallel, not series.

and yes just cram the two wires in the terminal, unless you're using like 8ga speaker wire it should fit with a little work

i'm considering getting an 18" Q, 18 in the trunk=:-D

i'm considering getting an 18" Q, 18 in the trunk=:-D

:orly3: :orly3: :orly3:

i just think it'd be fun, it would probably fit nicely too....let me do some quick calculations

hell i could fit 10cubes upfiring without a whole lot of work

sub up, port firing into the cabin...could be very fun

if you have a DVC2ohm and you want 1ohm you want to connect in parallel, not series.

and yes just cram the two wires in the terminal, unless you're using like 8ga speaker wire it should fit with a little work

ok cool, thanks

-John

PS- any tips on the ring terminal question I posted earlier? I have no clue how to attach them without them slipping out eventually

Edited by ILuvJDM

strip off the right length and make sure the set screw is in tight. If the wire is seeing stress that's pulling it out then you need to fix your wiring.

How do you attach the terminals to 1/0 power wire? I tried clamping it but it doesn't pass the pull test. My old wiring kit had some sort of glue in there and it was clamped down on the wire, so what do I do?

-John

large phillips head screw driver + hammer

-John

large phillips head screw driver + hammer

I just hit it with a hammer, that did the job

thanks

-John

Secondskin has slow shipping. Ordered tuesday, arrives the next wednesday. I know its AZ to NY and the 4th of July was in the middle.... Damn 5 day shipping...

Not really too concerned. Having issues getting the space to fit the kinetik 2400 under the hood of my neon.

quick question, my SAE-1000D doesn't have red or black on the RCA inputs. Does it matter on a subwoofer amp or am I just blind?

-John