mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I need something to pull the sled trailer and my boat otherwise I wouldn't be interested either. The Q7 would do that just fine.

I'd do a modded Duramax diesel with an upgraded Allison tranny in a HD 3/4ton fully loaded Chevy. :)

I need something to pull the sled trailer and my boat otherwise I wouldn't be interested either. The Q7 would do that just fine.

I'd do a modded Duramax diesel with an upgraded Allison tranny in a HD 3/4ton fully loaded Chevy. :)

I'd rather have the Ford in the diesel anyday, but both are rather overkill for pulling less than 4k lbs at most. Plus something smaller in the garage never hurts.

Just got permission from the w to put in a lift if I sell the motorcycle. Considering I rode it once last year, I'd call that a trade and I feel like I won. There was no future exclusion of another motorcycle just this one going ;)

Just got permission from the w to put in a lift if I sell the motorcycle. Considering I rode it once last year, I'd call that a trade and I feel like I won. There was no future exclusion of another motorcycle just this one going ;)

nice!

I'd rather have the Ford in the diesel anyday, but both are rather overkill for pulling less than 4k lbs at most. Plus something smaller in the garage never hurts.

Not many people around here has had good luck with keeping the 'strokers running past 100k miles without dumping some serious money into it.

the jeep srt8 has a tow rating? i thought that it was like like uber low for an suv? i know the trailblazer ss has a higher tow rating, though it isn't as quick/fast/nasty.

i want a duramax. or an older superduty. the newer ones are far too ugly up front. the chevy has the better interior. but the navistar is a beast, and the older super's do have a beefy truck look about them.

the wifey is actually thinking about about a cts-v!! yes!!

and tom, that is drifting at it's most expesnsive ,and stock, level. and i want the new zr1 for my bday, sans the plexiglass hood panel please. that blackish silver would be pimp.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Not many people around here has had good luck with keeping the 'strokers running past 100k miles without dumping some serious money into it.

i've only heard of problems with the newer, smaller powerstrokes. the older 7 ltr ones seem to be ok. IIRC, but then again, it's a ford product, so i could be completely backwards on that, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

and sean..i didn't know you had a motorcycle? i missed that one...what is it?

and with that....time for shower/shave and work.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i've only heard of problems with the newer, smaller powerstrokes. the older 7 ltr ones seem to be ok. IIRC, but then again, it's a ford product, so i could be completely backwards on that, lol.

I think it is the pre-93's that had troubles, my inlaws have run their last one to over 400k with no issues. The engine actually isn't a Ford product but a Navistar International one, but of course what would a semi-engine manufacturer know about making diesels compared to the General. :D

and sean..i didn't know you had a motorcycle? i missed that one...what is it?

and with that....time for shower/shave and work.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Ooooh, its exciting.

1982 Honda CB750k 4k miles, I paid $650 and there isn't a scratch on the beast. I actually only bought it to take my test on since I have ridden a lot, just never legally. I can't stand the high revving rice burning crap though so I have no desire to keep it. Air cooled or bust IMO.

the jeep srt8 has a tow rating? i thought that it was like like uber low for an suv? i know the trailblazer ss has a higher tow rating, though it isn't as quick/fast/nasty.

There are differing accounts of what it can tow, but surely with the 6.1 and a tranny that can support it yanking my 1500lb sled trailer around isn't an issue and the 4k lb boat trailer never needs to go far so I'd exceed it if I had to without regard for the truck. In particular if the company leased it for me....I'd probably buy it out at the end though since a 100k mile lease in 3 years couldn't really leave any residual value. The main problem with them is the location of the exhaust pipes makes them super ugly with a hitch. Oh well, I wouldn't really see the back end that often anyways. I'd do a tb ss but I can't sit in them comfortably as the general missed the demographic accounting for people built like me. I need another 3" of headroom and of course could lower the seat, but then my legs would get a bit tired on long drives. The Jeep has a ton of room.

We had Christmas dinner today with our unit............

and it was done hella chitty but I gotta say, FRESHLY smoked ham, and deep friedturkey are the chit

I think it is the pre-93's that had troubles, my inlaws have run their last one to over 400k with no issues. The engine actually isn't a Ford product but a Navistar International one, but of course what would a semi-engine manufacturer know about making diesels compared to the General. :D

All the guys here that have problems is the later model ones.

I have a question. I downloaded an AVI file. its the movie Boondock Saints. I have the divx/xvid codec already but its still not playing properly. I see video fine but i hear no audio :( and no my speakers arent muted. am i missing another codec? is there a program that can analyze the file to tell me which codec is required? i have never had this problem before its a first time. i am using a mac but i tried on a pc too on a pc the video shows up upside and no audio either....

Gotta take the truck in this afternoon. Tranny is sticking. I don't have the energy to take the bottom half of the steering column off but I'm pretty sure it needs a good regreasing.

POS GM. I'm going to walk across the street and look at an F350 while I'm waiting. New truck will come in 3-5 or so years, but it doesn't hurt to look now.