mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I still would love an old diesel, preferably the MB 240D. :)

I wouldn't mind a diesel, but if I get one it will probably be the Q7 v12.

Well me too mister fancy pants. ;) I was more thinking of something I could afford now for a daily tank.

I am only interested if I can convince my boss that he should pay for it. He believes in company cars and his favorite make is Audi so it sort of pushes all his buttons. Personally they are way too much money for my blood otherwise, I like depreciated stuff not new stuff.

I am sensing an RS6 in your future, and when it is off lease, it can be sold to SSA as a demo car. ;)

Has to tow the sleds and boat though. :( Plus his lease car is an A6 S line so I don't think he'd spring for that for me if he didn't for himself.

On this day in 1970, the F-14 Tomcat first flew. In 1968, the first manned mission to the moon (Apollo 8) launched from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. In 1967, the first man to undergo a heart transplant (Louis Washkansky) died in Cape Town, South Africa, after living for 18 days. In 1936, the Junkers JU-88 bomber prototype first flew. And in 1913, the first crossword puzzle (Arthur Wynne's "word-cross") was published in the New York World. Happy Birthday Kiefer Sutherland (1966), Andy Dick (1965), Fabiana Udenio (1964), Ray Romano (1957), Jane Kaczmarek (1955), Chris Evert (1954), Samuel L. Jackson (1948), Frank Zappa (1940-1993), Jane Fonda (1937), Phil Donahue (1935) and Roger Williams (1603-1684). RIP George S. Patton (d. 1945) and F. Scott Fitzgerald (1940).

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth."

- Niels Bohr

Has to tow the sleds and boat though. :( Plus his lease car is an A6 S line so I don't think he'd spring for that for me if he didn't for himself.

Guess that leaves jus the Q7. :)

These mornings home with baby Arthur are some of the best ever. He can be so much fun. One of the best parts is when he says Daddy and brings me his piggy bank (its actually a doggy bank), and I give him a fist full of change. He is very particular and puts each coil in one at a time, then shakes the bank and then puts in another coin. I never thought I would be one of those fathers that is the kids are great, but mornings like today make me feel like it is all worth it. I hope most of you guys can meet him at some point.

If you ain't got pics, it didn't happen :P

lol, they are on my cell phone. :P

One of my closest friends works for Audi Canada, basically the press liaison.

So my local Chev dealer won't do a factory installed remote start on my truck as they fear it'll just be towed back in some time later because it screwed with the computer.

At least they know they make pieces of shit and won't install anything that will make it worse.

And yes, this is coming from a die-hard Chevrolet guy. Born and raised. But c'mon, even I know reality.

Crap, its snowing and I want to go build something in the woodshop but I don't want to unload the plywood from my truck.

piss on being sick

Just put the remote start in yourself. :)

If I had half a day to do it myself, that time would probably be better spent relaxing or doing research :(

I have found the local home audio snob forum :(

I ask for a decent amp for my mains and they say $200 isn't going to be enough :(

How decent are we talking? :D

$200 puts you solidly in used Adcom, Rotel or Parasound territory, for integrated or power amps...considering the crap that passes for quality in the mainstream, they'd definitely be "decent".

A step up from my current Technics amp...

Considering the prices, i think i'm putting a hold on buying stuff, at least untill after finals :)

God Dammit.

Just got 90% of the lumber cut for my new speakers then I started looking harder and noticed dimensions don't add up right.

Then I see in the top left corner under notes its drawn using 5/8" ply instead of 3/4".

God Dammit.

Now I get to redraw my own set of plans and probably not use most of the lumber I just cut.

That is just hysterical

That is just hysterical

That is just hysterical

That is just hysterical

That is just hysterical

Plans that are designed in metric and then converted to english piss me off too.

I hate the metric system.