mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

There is not enough coffee in the world for this morning...

Didn't think you drank coffee. :eek5wavey:

Flight was fine. The day before yesterday was tough though. Left hotel at 6:30 or so, left customer site at 12:30 and had 180 mi to drive afterwards. Had to then getup again 3 hours later. Now I am home, but beat.

Sean, if you ever want help you can check my unit out, and my roommate can price and build you a michine for about less 33% of the cost of boxed up. If I wanted to get a machine even close to the same power from say alien or voodoo or even thunderbird, it would take 6,000+. He's a computer Dr. Fraenkenstien, who finds deals.

Yes. :)

Is he still going to be your roomate after today?

My needs are really simple though.

1) Music server

2) Internet connection

3) Quiet, real quiet

4) If possible TiVO

5) Home automation control, but pretty much any old pc can do this :)

Will be "eventually" connected to a 52" 1080p LCD. At the moment I don't have anything to connect it to other than a monitor but once a 52, 1080p, 120hz Mitsu (I like the little frame) is under $2k I will buy it. The day I do that I want the pc on order as well.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...;ci_sku=8500801

If something with a thinner bezel comes along I can easily be swayed.

Going to Germany on Wednesday.

There is not enough coffee in the world for this morning...

Didn't think you drank coffee. :eek5wavey:

I do, just only in the morning.

Hey, speaking of coffee do you know where I can look for prices for coffee maker parts to make my own?

Sean, if you ever want help you can check my unit out, and my roommate can price and build you a michine for about less 33% of the cost of boxed up. If I wanted to get a machine even close to the same power from say alien or voodoo or even thunderbird, it would take 6,000+. He's a computer Dr. Fraenkenstien, who finds deals.

Yep. Unemployeed and hungry and bored too. It's pretty terrible, he's went to the videogame equal of ivy league, and scored top of the class, and is having is having issues finding a gig. Also has some degree in hardware design too.. Whatever, he's way to overqualified for everything.

and a perfectionest. I just give him my CC and say make it happen better than everyone else.... for less.

=)

where abouts?

I would love to visit europe. Were trying to decide between tropical and europe for the honymoon next year.

Yep. Unemployeed and hungry and bored too. It's pretty terrible, he's went to the videogame equal of ivy league, and scored top of the class, and is having is having issues finding a gig. Also has some degree in hardware design too.. Whatever, he's way to overqualified for everything.

and a perfectionest. I just give him my CC and say make it happen better than everyone else.... for less.

=)

My wives best friend from college just left EA sports. She managed the Nascar game, her husband was the manager for Madden. They just moved to some gaming company in Urbana, IL. Previously she worked for the Nascar Heat game developed in Northfield MN.

where abouts?

I would love to visit europe. Were trying to decide between tropical and europe for the honymoon next year.

Not so exciting as it is business. Karlsruhe is my final destination. 5 days of training around as well though :)

I wouldn't at all hesitate to choose Europe over tropical. IMO it is a lot more fun to explore another culture together than to sit on the beach and drink foo-fee drinks.

=)

My wives best friend from college just left EA sports. She managed the Nascar game, her husband was the manager for Madden. They just moved to some gaming company in Urbana, IL. Previously she worked for the Nascar Heat game developed in Northfield MN.

Wow. Verry nice. He has yet to do anything accept make a game called Pyro mania for a final project. Think bomberman on meth. It received high acolaides at the school, but he's having issues finding work now. I feel for the guy, he's has more dedication to games and a passion so huge. Only problem is this will be his first job. Hard to ccut yoru teeth in interviews for the first time with some of these people. Such a cut throat biz right now.

where abouts?

Not so exciting as it is business. Karlsruhe is my final destination. 5 days of training around as well though :)

I wouldn't at all hesitate to choose Europe over tropical. IMO it is a lot more fun to explore another culture together than to sit on the beach and drink foo-fee drinks.

Good point. I like to be pretty mobile on vacation, the only thing for me is I am in LOVE with the ocean. I have never seen anything that made me feel that way. Something about that water and the where it meets the land..... and I only have miami for referance. And my dollar is still decent there compaired to the euro..... decisions decesions. What is the best place u have ever been.

Lunch is not agreeing with my insides, not cool.

where abouts?

Good point. I like to be pretty mobile on vacation, the only thing for me is I am in LOVE with the ocean. I have never seen anything that made me feel that way. Something about that water and the where it meets the land..... and I only have miami for referance. And my dollar is still decent there compaired to the euro..... decisions decesions. What is the best place u have ever been.

Easy solution. Go to Greece, most beautiful ocean in the world. The French Riviera or Italian version is rather sweet as well. :) Europe >> Tropics

he's running more than a 1/4 of a mi, lol

I don't like "bests" so I didn't answer. I have no real favorites, but thoroughly enjoy a lot of places. We hit the ocean on our honeymoon as well, but it was at the Straights of Magellan and in central Chile.

What are you looking for in a place

Dammit, I'm out of CA glue :(

Trying to reinforce this little 1-cent plastic part on a 25-year old Panasonic stereo that snapped in two...ordinarily it'd be dumpster time but this thing is such a piece of the '80s it gets to live on :D

Trying to reinforce this little 1-cent plastic part on a 25-year old Panasonic stereo that snapped in two...ordinarily it'd be dumpster time but this thing is such a piece of the '80s it gets to live on :D

Why are you using Car Audio glue on a Home Audio stereo???

Sounds like the kind of guy that won't even take the time to break in his speaker wires....

Why are you using Car Audio glue on a Home Audio stereo???

Sounds like the kind of guy that won't even take the time to break in his speaker wires....

CA stands for cyanoacrylate though...

92 deg and 95% humidity, it is fucking brutal outside. Had to pick up about 40 buckets of rocks that line the edge of my driveway since it rained so hard it washed them down the driveway, then cut up two tree trunks into firewood by the lake. Thank god I could swim afterwards, the lake has never felt so refreshing. :D