mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Both are zee and zed are correct, though it's pronounced "zed" in the majority of nations across the world. Both originate from Zeta.

Yup, I was introduced to it from amateur radio use, it's almost always Zed because Zee and C are very hard to pick apart with weak signals, of course phonetics solves that entirely...

Damn Canadians and their zed.

Waaiitt a minute ...

I cannot book a hotel in the States because honest to God whomever is on the phone will hear me slip a "zed" in there and give me the "lol wut"

Have you ever tried to read a text message from someone under the age of 18 lately ? Jesus fvcking christ ... How these kids pass English class, I'll never know.

Eh, there's a time and a place for that. If someone's using a non-QWERTY phone, even I get frustrated typing out whole sentences on that. Or when I learned Morse, there's all sorts of ways to butcher the language and still get your point across, because comparatively 20wpm is still pretty damn slow.

But on a computer, I don't see the point. I don't even type "properly", and I'm reasonably fast without sounding like I'm a hoodrat.

*shrugs*

Playing the email tag game with a couple Honda's out there. We'll see what works out, everybody's probably at the beach this weekend :(

Not looking forward to studying tomorrow. :(

Did I interrupt a Canadian thing or something? :P:peepwall:

Eff making food after ten hours of working on Saturday.

Amen. I had breakfast at 9, lunch at 4 and now dinner at 11. I hate it when I do my projects on the weekends. Never enough time to eat properly.

It was HOT today too. Nothing like gaining five pounds from MDF dust sticking to you.

Eff making food after ten hours of working on Saturday.

Amen. I had breakfast at 9, lunch at 4 and now dinner at 11. I hate it when I do my projects on the weekends. Never enough time to eat properly.

It was HOT today too. Nothing like gaining five pounds from MDF dust sticking to you.

If it wasn't for the weekends I don't think we would have time for any projects.

bird feeder is gone, made damn sure of that

now for sleep

Damn, broken PG MS 2250 on ebay.

And I've got the money for it in my wallet.

I hope it stays under $250....

got fucking drunk in New Jersey tonight

your still up there? how you like it so far?

*Posting from Civic while installing*

^ Gotta love wireless. :)

:stfu:

yeah, it's pretty cool, totally different from AZ

yeah, it's pretty cool, totally different from AZ

why do u think i love NY?

dang those engine graphics are crazy.

Rearranged my room today. No small feat apparently, even with the gf helping. It's been over 5 hours and I still have a few things to put away and hook up. Made sure to get the 2.1 stereo w. the lego box sub hooked up first though, ha. that way I can have some tunage for the rest of the time.

But then I just kinda wandered onto this site as I was listening and setting up the Behringer crossover, ha. Now I'm stuck and not getting any work done.

Which crossover are you using?

I remember the lego sub box from SIn. Good stuff. :)

Lego box???

Do tell

haha. it's not much. I had a Dayton Refernce 8" mid get damaged by a roommate one night when he was throwing a party and decided to crank my stereo. It's not totally ruined, there's just a few midbass notes that it kinda makes a tinny scratching sound on. Very few, and I really only heard it while playing tiger woods golf, haha. but enough to make me want to replace it. So it got relegated to sub duty on my fairly weak computer 2.1 system (Optimus receiver two optimus speakers which I think each have a 4" and tweet in them). While at college I didn't have access to wood box building equipment, and just felt like trying something different besides. So I chose legos. :) Went and got a box of them. It didn't really build as big of a box as I'd like (1.5 baffled it all the way around, haha. aka 3 little pegs/holes.), but it works. Well, a little. haha. It doesn't get super loud but definitely better than free air or anything.

Daytonmovies004.jpg

I have since inverted it to save some space inside there, haha. And here's what it looks like now:

med_gallery_364_157_34607.jpg

As is imagined, the box is the limiting factor. haha. It doesn't have a bottom as I decided that further saving bricks and using the carpeted floor as the bottom "sealant" would be all right. It doesn't sound bad at the low-moderate volume levels I normally play it at up here in my room and adds a nice lowend to the Optimus', which have basically nothing below 300 hz. But if I try to push it you get to hearing the banging resonance from the box as well as the air leaking. just starts sounding all farty. It has scotch tape all the way around on all the sides to help stop leaks through the cracks in the bricks. And has athletic tape sealing it to the top :).

It was just a fun little project to try. Wasn't ever expecting great results, but it's not worthless either.

Oh, and the crossover is a Behringer CX2310. Nothing too fancy.

Edited by KU40