mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Oh please! You tell me where you can get aborted fetuses for seventy cents on the dollar. You tell me Chuck…yeah, I didn't think so. You know, I'm just like the fetuses, Chuck, I wasn't born yesterday either!

Alright I must summon upon the powers that be of the SSA H0P. I am requesting the collective knowledge of all that is SSA to assemble upon this problem.

mmmkay so....

TV is off

Pre-amp is off

Main Amp is off

Sub Amp is on auto

I hooked up the sub and when I plug in the inputs for the TV the sub starts humming. I switched each set of RCA's with a set I know is good and each time I still get the hum. When I turn off the sub amp the hum goes away. The humming changes with frequency and gain knob change, but is still present no matter.

Plzzz help!

Alright I must summon upon the powers that be of the SSA H0P. I am requesting the collective knowledge of all that is SSA to assemble upon this problem.

mmmkay so....

TV is off

Pre-amp is off

Main Amp is off

Sub Amp is on auto

I hooked up the sub and when I plug in the inputs for the TV the sub starts humming. I switched each set of RCA's with a set I know is good and each time I still get the hum. When I turn off the sub amp the hum goes away. The humming changes with frequency and gain knob change, but is still present no matter.

Plzzz help!

1 - Do you have cable?

2 - Does a cheater plug remove the hum?

mmmkay so....

TV is off

Pre-amp is off

Main Amp is off

Sub Amp is on auto

Plzzz help!

update....

1. its in the cable for the TV. Even with the TV unplugged, as long as the cable is plugged in it hums

2. Whats a cheater plug?

What you need is a ground loop isolator for the coax...:)

Oh God. That smile on your face looks like expensive lol

Does Walmart sell it?

I think they probably sell something marketed as one, I know Radioshack used to, who knows how well they actually work, though.

I'm sure if you did a search on AVS or somewhere else you'd find comparisons of isolators that work and are reasonable in price. I know Jensen Transformers makes some really nice isolators for audio or video, but they're kind of pricey ($60 to $200 depending on inputs and such).

My amps used to hum...

...until I taught them the words

and with that, I go to bed

Going to test drive and xB tomorrow, and I just spoke with my buddy that works at the Lexus dealership and he told me he can get the TRD parts super-cheap. Hello Mr. Blower if I buy one.

ack, gag. It's hard for me to believe somebody is going from a Cobra to an xB. Pretty sure that's never happened before.

Oh God. That smile on your face looks like expensive lol

Does Walmart sell it?

I fixed mine with about four dollars in parts from Radioshack. I'm sure I posted a link on a thread somewhere on here that had the part numbers. If you don't find it, remind me tomorrow and I'll look.

A quick look through all the threads you've created revealed nothing.

was it anything like this?

180-075m.jpg

If it puts little plastic guitars into kids' hands and fires their imaginations, I think that's a good thing. It's harmless fun, innit.

I'd rather that genre of video games than somebody getting their fucking head chopped off with a samurai sword while getting fucked by a goblin up the arse with a laser. Do you know what I mean?

Noel Gallagher, you are one funny bastard

Going to test drive and xB tomorrow, and I just spoke with my buddy that works at the Lexus dealership and he told me he can get the TRD parts super-cheap. Hello Mr. Blower if I buy one.

ack, gag. It's hard for me to believe somebody is going from a Cobra to an xB. Pretty sure that's never happened before.

I could really care less about performance. It's all about making sure I can safely and reliably move my son around.

or a TDI Touraeg

edit: no stick on the touraegs

I believe the Cayenne Sport with the V6 does. :)

and it effing MOVES!

Cayenne GTS has the 6 speed manual with the non turbo V8

I still like the V10 TDI the Touareg has though; 550 ft lbs., hooah

I thoguht they scrapped the v10 to the US. I would love one of those =)

If I get a sport ute, it will be a Jeep GCSRT8 or a Saab 9-7x Aero. The likelihood of me getting one is getting smaller though when things like: BMW 335, CTS-V, S4, Cayman S are all in the same price range.

For her a Buick Enclave might happen which should easily tow the boat/snowmobile trailer.

Have you driven a cayman yet? I know you are talled and the ones I have sat in I cannot fit into.

I could really care less about performance. It's all about making sure I can safely and reliably move my son around.

I wasn't even talking about performance. They're just so ugly to me. haha. But I understand the son thing.

I'm a little worried about Hurricane Ike. It's already a category 4 and it's still way out there.

Cayenne GTS has the 6 speed manual with the non turbo V8

I still like the V10 TDI the Touareg has though; 550 ft lbs., hooah

I thoguht they scrapped the v10 to the US. I would love one of those =)

They did for like a year or so because of US diesel emission standards but I'm pretty sure its back?