mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

How do I get my 2 year old and 4 year old to be quiet and eat their damnn food? This is getting old every meal of every day......

Two things my parents did and it worked.

1) If I wouldn't eat something, I had no alternatives but to be hungry

2) Once it was on my plate I sat at the table until the plate was clean. I was there a long time, but my brother won that competition as he slept overnight at the table a couple of times.

Obviously being consistent and in control are the most important things.

Yep. Quite a few times I sat at the table for over an hour after everybody else had left because I didn't want to eat my fried chicken. Now I love it. I think bribing is about the worst thing to do because then they learn that they can get something good if they put up a fight for anything. *I don't have kids*

Well I told him he could play video games for 20 minutes if he ate all his food. He was going to get to play anyway bu the didn't know that :)

How about the faster you eat it, the sooner you get to play. I wouldn't teach him to beg.

Anyone know what the hell the delay with the JBL MS-8 is? Spring 2008 is the last I heard and it is a bit past then. :P

There's a big thread on it at DIYMA. Only one I know of ever being used was in Bigg's Regal and it's retired.

So is it just not being produced? I don't really want to read anything on DIYMA, it makes me post like I do on carpaudio

I haven't read the thread in ages, but last I read, they were still "working out all the bugs."

Does anyone know anything about hooking Visual Basic up to a database for functions and stuff? I'm sure it involves "SQL", but this is one of those projects where we're assigned the task months before we cover how to do it. I'm just wondering what form I need the database to be in, like if I need to put all the records into an Access file or something.

How do I get my 2 year old and 4 year old to be quiet and eat their damnn food? This is getting old every meal of every day......

2) Once it was on my plate I sat at the table until the plate was clean. I was there a long time, but my brother won that competition as he slept overnight at the table a couple of times.

Yep. Quite a few times I sat at the table for over an hour after everybody else had left because I didn't want to eat my fried chicken. Now I love it. I think bribing is about the worst thing to do because then they learn that they can get something good if they put up a fight for anything. *I don't have kids*

Well I told him he could play video games for 20 minutes if he ate all his food. He was going to get to play anyway bu the didn't know that :)

How about the faster you eat it, the sooner you get to play. I wouldn't teach him to beg.

yeah thats what we tell him the faster you eat the sooner yo uget to play and for more time, not just video games but going out side to the park or whatever. He know better than to beg then he don't get nothing but to go to bed, or time out or a swirlie j/p

smaking them just makes them cry so I quit doing it then its even harder to get them to eat when they are crying. Well i just bribe my 4 year old, it seemed to work out this time. My daughter is still eating after 30 min now. One hot dog and 5 pieces of cucumber, mow all she has left is the hot dog. My wife is getting her to eat......................................

I was being facetious about the smacking part. That only works in certain situations. Best advice for raising children I've seen is to raise them the same as dogs up until the time they go to first grade or so (the similarities between puppies and toddlers are fascinating).

Disclaimer: Penguin4x4 has never officially raised children before. He has, however, babysat his young cousins countless times before.

Does anyone know anything about hooking Visual Basic up to a database for functions and stuff? I'm sure it involves SQL, but this is one of those projects where we're assigned the task months before we cover how to do it. I'm just wondering what form I need the database to be in, like if I need to put all the records into an Access file or something.

You can use VBA, or Visual Basic for Applications. All Microsuck products have the editor already installed. Now as to how to do it, no idea but I have watched code get edited a few times...I just don't know VB.

Disclaimer: Penguin4x4 has never officially raised children before. He has, however, babysat his young cousins countless times before.

You forgot the part about how you still act like a child regularly.

Of course, we all do.

well i found out what everything was that i got, this past week ive been selling these beef jerkey things for a class i take at school and ive been eating alot of them, come to find out i am allergic to something in it so i got a allergic reaction to that, then friday night while i was passed out i got bit by a spider (i can see the marks) and last time that happened i got an allergic reaction so that made it worse, then saturday while i was cuttin a tree i got poison ivy, so yea, this weekend was just wonderful

i was thinking poison ivy when u said u swelled up and had red dots!

mike knows about poison ivy :)

Does anyone know anything about hooking Visual Basic up to a database for functions and stuff? I'm sure it involves "SQL", but this is one of those projects where we're assigned the task months before we cover how to do it. I'm just wondering what form I need the database to be in, like if I need to put all the records into an Access file or something.

You can use VBA, or Visual Basic for Applications. All Microsuck products have the editor already installed. Now as to how to do it, no idea but I have watched code get edited a few times...I just don't know VB.

I've done VBA work in Excel, but in this class we're strictly using Visual Studio to do the code (is more oriented for making GUIs and stuff beyond macros). I think I found out how to do it, though...

no i didnt get the poison ivy until i woke up this morning, my head was red and had the bumps and was swollen really bad way before i even got close to any poison ivy

Does anyone know anything about hooking Visual Basic up to a database for functions and stuff? I'm sure it involves SQL, but this is one of those projects where we're assigned the task months before we cover how to do it. I'm just wondering what form I need the database to be in, like if I need to put all the records into an Access file or something.

I've done VBA work in Excel, but in this class we're strictly using Visual Studio to do the code (is more oriented for making GUIs and stuff beyond macros). I think I found out how to do it, though...

Well you know more than I then :Doh:

i have worked with VB

but it was just copying and pasting code... lol

See it ain't about the Benjamins or Pentiums or Athlons,

But you rappin' 50 meters while I'm spittin' in decathlons.

Your shit's old and busted, mine's the new hotness;

You're like CLR and I'm like CLRS.

You're running csh and my shell is bash,

You're the tertiary storage; I'm the L1 cache.

I'm a web crawling spider; you an Internet mosquito;

You thought the 7-layer model referred to a burrito.

You're a dialup connection; I'm a gigabit LAN.

I last a mythical man-month; you a one-minute man.

It's like I'm running Thunderbird and you're still stuck with Pine,

Which is why I think it's time for me to KILL DASH NINE.

yeah we been doing this for months now. I went hungry alot, and my daughter goes to bed hungry at least once a day at nap or bed time. My daughter(2) don't do well as far as staying at the table till its all gone my son has been doing really well lately

Don't give her the choice to leave and if she doesn't eat because she doesn't like it, give them their own leftovers for the next meal. They have to learn that what you say happens, and it is much easier and better to do this in their life now than it will be later.

I have a few friends with little kids and this is what they have been doing. It seems to work perfectly. I know my mom did this a few times with me, but she started making more and more of foods I liked instead.

Its alot harder to be asertive with only one kid at home, and no husband there to help.

J

well they pretty much eat what they choose, we keep a good variety in the fridge/freezer/cupboard, and we ask them what they want to eat, then after I make it they say" I don't want that, I want_____" I really pisses me off but they have to eat it b/c it is important to make kids stick by their choices or else they end up like me," I want this amp, no I want this one, noooooo maybe this one" then your effed. :) I just make them eat it and if they don't they don't get desert or a snack or they go to bed hungry. It works ok It is just frusterating.

Well at least for you an amp is an amp, while food can be completely different. :P

Put 16+ hours in today with my ass in a combine/tractor seat.

New 8430 JD with the CVT Transmission is a pretty cool tractor too, big horse too. 275hp in a row crop tractor with independent front suspension and front wheel assist, gets shit done.

damn I bet that's fun to drive. What kind of yield did you get?

Its a hell of a machine, that's for sure. One field of dryland corn we just picked averaged 170 bushels, on irrigated I saw 230+ on the yield monitor. It is some damn good corn.

wow. gettin rich this year