mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I definitely take too many shots, but use each one to try and figure something out. Understanding exposure isn't as trivial as one would think before trying.

I definitely take too many shots, but use each one to try and figure something out. Understanding exposure isn't as trivial as one would think before trying.

Exposure is a bitch... lol

God I need to learn to take better pictures.................a non dummy camera might help too!!!

and BTW Sean, she looks amazing!!!!

J

Purty

mines purtier

you should post pics :)

in fact, :stfu:

if you insist:

DSCN0096.jpg

DSCN0098.jpg

DSCN0890.jpg

I am mega nub with a camera. I usually set it on fully auto, because most of the time I'm trying to snap something that doesn't stop moving.

I have a series of pics where the dolphin at the zoo swims by a bunch of elementary kids and makes the water go over the edge of the tank and soak the kids. Amazing pictures, really hard to catch the shots though, especially with so much motion.

I was a mega noob in Dec, but am getting somewhere. Too much to absorb without practice though and just shooting pics of Aidan isn't particular good practice as half the time you are trying to get an expression more than worrying about the rest of things.

Both of you have very nice cars. :fing34:

I cut some wood for the back of my cabinets yesterday. Wow, I can't measure for crap it turns out. I'm also just about done with table saws. I'm so furious with my craftsman saw. I guess it's a good thing it was cheep and on sale when I got it.

It feels under powered and it's adjustable extendable guide is worthless. If I match up edges on it to cut, even after I measure with my own square I think it slides out and messes with my cut. So I still have to free hand it. The square it came with can't handle a 4x8. I think I need to find that dewalt hypoid saw and just use that from now on for big cuts. I'm so damn ticked off that I didn't get to my grandfathers early enough to buy his shop smith. My uncle got it, so at least it's still in the family, but that thing would cut much truer, and was much more stable.

On an up note, I found out my little 3rd car garage/work shop is partialy insulated, just not the roof. I also think the big black pipe out there is a gas line. I have an electrical junction box there too. I'm hoping I can set up gas heat, and that the elec box can do 240. I've never welded before, but I really want to learn!

I know it's the wrong way to go about things, but how bad would it be to cut the bad ground and seal off the ends leave it in the loom it's already in, and just run a new ground?

I need my truck for this weekend, and I need to get the kitchen done. I don't have time to do both properly, and I need the truck to pick up stuff......

Heck maybe by next week I'll have all the time in the world though. I should find out by friday if I am promoted to customer.

I cut some wood for the back of my cabinets yesterday. Wow, I can't measure for crap it turns out. I'm also just about done with table saws. I'm so furious with my craftsman saw. I guess it's a good thing it was cheep and on sale when I got it.

It feels under powered and it's adjustable extendable guide is worthless. If I match up edges on it to cut, even after I measure with my own square I think it slides out and messes with my cut. So I still have to free hand it. The square it came with can't handle a 4x8. I think I need to find that dewalt hypoid saw and just use that from now on for big cuts. I'm so damn ticked off that I didn't get to my grandfathers early enough to buy his shop smith. My uncle got it, so at least it's still in the family, but that thing would cut much truer, and was much more stable.

On an up note, I found out my little 3rd car garage/work shop is partialy insulated, just not the roof. I also think the big black pipe out there is a gas line. I have an electrical junction box there too. I'm hoping I can set up gas heat, and that the elec box can do 240. I've never welded before, but I really want to learn!

Problem number one: Its a Craftsman table saw

Number two: Its a Craftsman table saw

Go and find a unsed Delta Unisaw to buy, put a bieselmeyer fence on it, extension tables, and be happy. :)

Also, don't be sad about not getting the shop smith. I've never been impressed with them.

Also, don't be sad about not getting the shop smith. I've never been impressed with them.

No they aren't impressive, but I could use all of it's functionality recently.

I agree craftsman isn't what it was. I'm so mad about it. I don't have the room for a completely non mobile cabinet saw right now....

Problem number one: Its a Craftsman table saw

Number two: Its a Craftsman table saw

Go and find a unsed Delta Unisaw to buy, put a bieselmeyer fence on it, extension tables, and be happy. :)

What would that run me?

DSCN0096.jpg

DSCN0098.jpg

DSCN0890.jpg

If you get up here soon we'll have to shoot some side by sides :)

"I'm Tired" by Robert A. Hall"

I'll be 63 soon. Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce,` and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day, I've worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth around" to people` who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy or stupid to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that I have to pay more taxes to "keep people in their homes." Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick, I'm willing to help. But if they bought McMansions at three times the price of our paid-off, $250,000 condo, on one-third of my salary, then let the left-wing Congress-critters who passed Fannie and Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act that created the bubble help them with their own money.

I'm tired of being told how bad America is by left-wing millionaires like Michael Moore, George Soros, and Hollywood entertainers who live in luxury because of the opportunities America offers. In thirty years, if they get their way, the United States will have the economy of Zimbabwe , the freedom of the press of China , the crime and violence of Mexico , the tolerance for Christian people of Iran , and the freedom of speech of Venezuela . Won't multiculturalism be beautiful?

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

I believe "a man should be judged by the content of his character, not by the color of his skin." I'm tired of being told that "race doesn't matter" in the post-racial world of Obama, when it's all that matters in affirmative action jobs, lower college admission and graduation standards for minorities (harming them the most), government contract set-asides, tolerance for the ghetto culture of violence and fatherless children that hurts minorities more than anyone, and in the appointment of US Senators from Illinois.

I think it's very cool that we have a black president and that a black child is doing her homework at the desk where Lincoln wrote the emancipation proclamation. I just wish the black president was Condi Rice, or someone who believes more in freedom and the individual and less arrogantly of an all-knowing government.

I'm tired of a news media that thinks Bush's fundraising and inaugural expenses were obscene, but that think Obama's, at triple the cost, were wonderful; that thinks Bush exercising daily was a waste of presidential time, but Obama exercising is a great example for the public to control weight and stress; that picked over every line of Bush's military records, but never demanded that Kerry release his; that slammed Palin, with two years as governor, for being too inexperienced for VP, but touted Obama with three years as senator as potentially the best president ever. Wonder why people are dropping their subscriptions or switching to Fox News? Get a clue. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, but the media and Kerry drove me to his camp in 2004.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in America , while no American group is allowed to fund a church, synagogue, or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global` warming, which no one is allowed to debate. My wife and I live in a two-bedroom apartment and carpool together five miles to our jobs. We also own a three-bedroom condo where our daughter and granddaughter live. Our carbon footprint is about 5% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses while they tried to fight it off? I don't think Gay people choose to be Gay, but I damn sure think druggies chose to take drugs. And I'm tired of harassment from cool people treating me like a freak when I tell them I never tried marijuana.

I'm tired of illegal aliens being called "undocumented workers," especially the ones who aren't working, but are living on welfare or crime. What's next? Calling drug dealers, Undocumented Pharmacists"? And, no, I'm not against Hispanics. Most of them are Catholic, and it's been a few hundred years since Catholics wanted to kill me for my religion. I'm willing to fast track for citizenship any Hispanic person, who can speak English, doesn't have a criminal record and who is self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves honorably for three years in our military... Those are the citizens we need.

I'm tired of latte liberals and journalists, who would never wear the` uniform of the Republic themselves, or let their entitlement-handicapped kids near a recruiting station, trashing our military. They and their kids can sit at home, never having to make split-second decisions under life and death circumstances, and bad mouth better people than themselves. Do bad things happen in war? You bet. Do our troops sometimes misbehave? Sure. Does this compare with the atrocities that were the policy of our enemies for the last fifty years and still are? Not even close. So here's the deal. I'll let myself be subjected to all the humiliation and abuse that was heaped on terrorists at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo, and the critics can let themselves be subject to captivity by the Muslims who tortured and beheaded Daniel Pearl in Pakistan, or the Muslims who tortured and murdered Marine Lt. Col. William Higgins in Lebanon, or the Muslims who ran the blood-spattered Al Qaeda torture rooms our troops found in Iraq, or the Muslims who cut off the heads of schoolgirls in Indonesia, because the girls were Christian. Then we'll compare notes. British and American soldiers are the only troops in history that civilians came to for help and handouts, instead of hiding from in fear.

I'm tired of people telling me that their party has a corner on virtue and the other party has a corner on corruption. Read the papers; bums are bipartisan. And I'm tired of people telling me we need bipartisanship. I live in Illinois , where the " Illinois Combine" of Democrats has worked to loot the public for years. Not to mention the tax cheats in Obama's cabinet as well.

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers, and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

Speaking of poor, I'm tired of hearing people with air-conditioned homes, color TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we didn't know we were "poor." The poverty pimps have to keep changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination, or big-whatever for their problems.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter.

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate.

I wouldn't get that particular JET saw, haven't heard that many good things about them. Nothing bad but then again nothing really good.

I'd probably go for the unisaw before the hybrid but both of those would be good saws.

Just thought about starting to look for one a couple days ago.

Are the Uni's 220v? If not, does that buy me love?

I am about to (yeah I know procrastinating again) replace my electric 220v stove with a gas which will free up a 40A circuit for my garage :)

great poast Sean. Im only 27 and I'm tired of all of it.

I have such a hard time sometimes, the wifes mom works in the school system, and she's liberal as hell and high water. I do NOT understand that point of view. No one can explain to me why those who worked hard to acheive, or hell those who inherited, or those who got lucky should pay pennance for those that did not. Other than "It's the right thing to do."

WHY!!?? Why in all fhawks sake is it someone elses job to make sure that you can wipe your own nose.

The poor liberals don't notice what the ritch liberals are doing. The more you accept and rely on another person for life the more controll the have over you. The more they can squeeze you.

Just thought about starting to look for one a couple days ago.

Are the Uni's 220v? If not, does that buy me love?

I am about to (yeah I know procrastinating again) replace my electric 220v stove with a gas which will free up a 40A circuit for my garage :)

Yes. My brother just made a extra cord and plug to switch out his stove and saw since he doesn't use both at the same time.