mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Just thought about starting to look for one a couple days ago.

Are the Uni's 220v? If not, does that buy me love?

I am about to (yeah I know procrastinating again) replace my electric 220v stove with a gas which will free up a 40A circuit for my garage :)

Yes. My brother just made a extra cord and plug to switch out his stove and saw since he doesn't use both at the same time.

I figured I'd actually make a switch so that I could use either 220 or 110 depending on what hardware I am using in the garage.

Stupid house currently only has one circuit in the garage for all the lights and outlets. Basically I'd use that for lights and the 40A for the rest.

By lights of course I meant lights, radio, and tv (if I ever add one)

Any interview results Matt?

They commited to an answer by Thursday or Friday. I bet it's not untill Monday however. 90% or more of us have a month of severance(some many months worth) if they do let us go, and my bet is they keep us onboard for another month before the actual severance date. There is open enrollment comming up and to transition 30 some odd employees would be pretty wild.

I am almost garunteed not to get the supv job, but I've been thinking about it more and more. I would really love it, if it's the job they say it is. I have been working on a training program here, and recently I got to see a custmer care presentation that could really tie into what we do here, and it was developed by a director of relations from a different campus. I think with her blessing and use of her notes/input I could make something FAST and do some AMAZING work for helping our office help people much better. Just basic customer service type things, but it's everything we don't do. Her presentation really got my hampster up on the wheele. It's "above my pay grade" to even think about this stuff, but I suffer watching how we handle situations, and I get asked for my input every time they do another "training" anyway.

10 years in sales/customer service management had some pay off I guess. That and Dale Carnige.

They commited to an answer by Thursday or Friday. I bet it's not untill Monday however. 90% or more of us have a month of severance(some many months worth) if they do let us go, and my bet is they keep us onboard for another month before the actual severance date. There is open enrollment comming up and to transition 30 some odd employees would be pretty wild.

I am almost garunteed not to get the supv job, but I've been thinking about it more and more. I would really love it, if it's the job they say it is. I have been working on a training program here, and recently I got to see a custmer care presentation that could really tie into what we do here, and it was developed by a director of relations from a different campus. I think with her blessing and use of her notes/input I could make something FAST and do some AMAZING work for helping our office help people much better. Just basic customer service type things, but it's everything we don't do. Her presentation really got my hampster up on the wheele. It's "above my pay grade" to even think about this stuff, but I suffer watching how we handle situations, and I get asked for my input every time they do another "training" anyway.

10 years in sales/customer service management had some pay off I guess. That and Dale Carnige.

Perhaps it is worth repeating your motivation to the hire-er

I did. It was a profetional interview, I came with my game face on. I'm just going up against people with 36 years in this office. Qualifications, motivation, and skill don't mean as much in those cases.

I hope I don't sound too negative. A loss of a job won't cripple me, but it will hurt.

I can always go back to sales. I'm pretty sure if I loose my job I will look into selling cars, and maybe, if I think I can handle the initial set up time, sell houses. I would love to say I will go back to school and then do something, I'm just not sure I could handle going to school and not working. I'm proud of my wife though, she's going to end up with a health centric organizational management degree. She will be a director or high level manager some day I hope.

Yay for the suga-momma. Personally I'd like to be a stay at home dad, but that wouldn't work income wise.

I did. It was a profetional interview, I came with my game face on. I'm just going up against people with 36 years in this office. Qualifications, motivation, and skill don't mean as much in those cases.

Sheisse

yah.

It's old boys club, err old girls club, however you want to cut it up, I haven't been around long enough.

There is a long time history of completely outsourceing, hiring from outside, or letting those with the most history(read dirt) have the choice jobs.

Letting someone go with 30 years means 1 week of severance for every year of service. As a company it motivates them to keep people with time put into service. Great pay back for loyalty but it can definately stunt progress in the wrong circumstances.

I R tired

me also. I have physical therapy tonight too. im pissed I need to go, but i need to go.

My arms are suffering from working at a desk and its starting to move into my neck.

Im sure it will be massage and pain time, and then booya ill be worthless the rest of the night.

maybe i will take a muscle relaxer or 3 when I get home.

be really useless then.

Yay for the suga-momma. Personally I'd like to be a stay at home dad, but that wouldn't work income wise.

No kidding. I would still work. I would just do what I wanted. maybe open up a speaker shop.

Perhaps just manage property I buy with her money!

=)

Test tomorrow in fluid power. Going to bend it over and make it my bitch.

Don stopped by my house for a few hours today. Got to check out his SDS samples. Excellent system. :)

I cut some wood for the back of my cabinets yesterday. Wow, I can't measure for crap it turns out. I'm also just about done with table saws. I'm so furious with my craftsman saw. I guess it's a good thing it was cheep and on sale when I got it.

It feels under powered and it's adjustable extendable guide is worthless. If I match up edges on it to cut, even after I measure with my own square I think it slides out and messes with my cut. So I still have to free hand it. The square it came with can't handle a 4x8. I think I need to find that dewalt hypoid saw and just use that from now on for big cuts. I'm so damn ticked off that I didn't get to my grandfathers early enough to buy his shop smith. My uncle got it, so at least it's still in the family, but that thing would cut much truer, and was much more stable.

On an up note, I found out my little 3rd car garage/work shop is partialy insulated, just not the roof. I also think the big black pipe out there is a gas line. I have an electrical junction box there too. I'm hoping I can set up gas heat, and that the elec box can do 240. I've never welded before, but I really want to learn!

Problem number one: Its a Craftsman table saw

Number two: Its a Craftsman table saw

Go and find a unsed Delta Unisaw to buy, put a bieselmeyer fence on it, extension tables, and be happy. :)

The two moat expensive Crapsman table saws are the only ones worth buying.

I want a Peugeot 205 GTI

That's what my bitch wants me to do, but no way. Would LOVE to spend EVERY moment with my son, but not having my own source of income is just succumbing to her.

Yeah the whole dealership thing ended up being a bust...not nearly enough volume movement at that particular location to warrant much more than minimum wage...if that....

If you get up here soon we'll have to shoot some side by sides :)

We'll see...not looking too good at this point

Yeah the whole dealership thing ended up being a bust...not nearly enough volume movement at that particular location to warrant much more than minimum wage...if that....

If you get up here soon we'll have to shoot some side by sides :)

We'll see...not looking too good at this point

So...

Any chance we could get a law passed that allows us to beat the stupid out of stupid people?