mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Indeed. I looked through the LS1 thread, looks damn good. :)

Happy Berfday Ryan!!!

layed down with the dog to go to sleep, he lays with his head on the pillow usually...i get up to piss and find that he has apparently drooled a 8" circle on my pillow/bed and is still passed out snoring....

what kind of dog do u have?

ford why do you have to make such frustrating electrical systems!!!

I hope I get that thing fixed tonight. I'm halfway ready to scrap the SOB.

I just can't. because I love it. I'm going to drive her untill the frame snaps. and then maybe just put her on a new frame.

;)

That new frd 6.2 pickem up has me drooling though. I think its DInject. Maybe with a little tiwn turbo action on her, skid plates, lift and some big rubber...

Damnit I really want the search for the AVR to be done. So sick of looking for deals that I am now buying new. FUCK.

Denon 3310 $996

Onkyo 876 $1015

Shipped/tax/all that shit.

Just not 10000% sure that they both work with the home automation.

The Denon will for sure, but I am leaning towards the Onk from the reviews on the amp section and Video processor. This will be used in my main family room playing TV 80% of the time and music the other 20%. Moving my current gear to my office where I can truly listen. I guess I "have" to build some near field monitors. Leaning towards doing some Fonkens atm with either my Rlp or IXL to fill in the lows with some little cheap amp. The other sub goes in the tv room with the Den/Onk, a BFD and some funky hardwood enclosure I'll build. Has to look like furniture and I can't fit a 15.

Anyone know how you get your Bing rebates? I know I have to wait 60 days but do they send a check or give you Paypal credit or wtf?

Aliens v. Rambo?

Most importantly be able to be controlled by my home automation controller via ethernet or RS-232

Upconvert everything to HDMI as I don't want to buy a $600 proc to do that

Play 5.1

Room correction a plus as it isn't exactly the best space

Bi-amping the mains is a bonus

Headroom is something I've always liked

Dynamic volume for commercials (IF IT WORKS) would be sweet as that shit drives me fucking nuts.

Thought about doing a cheaper solution (ie $300 used) and a DVDO upconverter, but it ends up being the same.

The house is wired so that I "can" do upconvert via component cables, but that to me is a short term solution and I would REALLY prefer a single cable to each location for which the house is also wired. If it does do HDMI it would be installed in the house and hopefully would last at least 15 years....which amusingly is the age of the Adcom proc it is replacing.

Oh, it wouldn't hurt if it had pre-outs as otherwise for a while my 5 chn Adcom will just sit idle.

At the same time, the space isn't such that I am concerned about using the amp in teh receiver as my critical listening space will be in the home theater room and still a year or 2 out.

Thanks for the bday wishes guys. :)

Hey, I made you a topic.

Tom, just read your entire BL on LS1 tech. Very cool, quite an upgrade. Can I ask, why you chose that engine? Was it the best fit, or just a great bargain, or mix of a bunch of factors?

Tom, just read your entire BL on LS1 tech. Very cool, quite an upgrade. Can I ask, why you chose that engine? Was it the best fit, or just a great bargain, or mix of a bunch of factors?

the 5.3 is the best deal going right now, IMO. 300+ hp for ~$500. and they're more reliable, efficient, and leak free than a SBC. also, I have huge upgrade potential. a L92 headed LQ9 will basically drop in now and give me 450+ to the wheels or I could just stick a real cam in the 5.3 and have ~370 to the wheels. or I could go totally nuts and get a LSX block. they will all drop in now without a whole lot of upgrades since I overbuilt the clutch, trans, headers, and exhaust.

Took junior to his first dentist appointment today. He did so good. I was so proud I almost had the sniffles.

the 5.3 is the best deal going right now, IMO. 300+ hp for ~$500. and they're more reliable, efficient, and leak free than a SBC. also, I have huge upgrade potential. a L92 headed LQ9 will basically drop in now and give me 450+ to the wheels or I could just stick a real cam in the 5.3 and have ~370 to the wheels. or I could go totally nuts and get a LSX block. they will all drop in now without a whole lot of upgrades since I overbuilt the clutch, trans, headers, and exhaust.

Wow, $500 for 300hp. I think you made the best choice for this project, because cam's are much cheaper. Plus would be easier then another drop in.

I have had dreams of trying to find a wrecked '92 500E (345hp DOHC 5litre Porsche/MB V8 from the early-90's) and doing a swap-in and having the only 500ce in existence. But they made so few of the 500E and brought even less to the USA, not to mention it would be insanely $$, and my current I-6 runs absolutely mint with 175k on it.

Anyone know how you get your Bing rebates? I know I have to wait 60 days but do they send a check or give you Paypal credit or wtf?

p

paypal credit

p

paypal credit

I totally forgot about using that.

layed down with the dog to go to sleep, he lays with his head on the pillow usually...i get up to piss and find that he has apparently drooled a 8" circle on my pillow/bed and is still passed out snoring....

he's 100% mutt

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/vladd06/Dogs/?action=view&current=12-15-05_1926.jpg

old pic but he looks the same, just a little more grey

EDIT: wtf, if won't let me use img tags?

and the fiero is charging at ~15v, is that something that should worry me?

he's 100% mutt

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/vladd06/Dogs/?action=view&current=12-15-05_1926.jpg

old pic but he looks the same, just a little more grey

EDIT: wtf, if won't let me use img tags?

That is weird, I will check it out soon.

Holy crap, finally sold the CVA-1000. Only took 3 years. :Doh:

Most importantly be able to be controlled by my home automation controller via ethernet or RS-232

Upconvert everything to HDMI as I don't want to buy a $600 proc to do that

Play 5.1

Room correction a plus as it isn't exactly the best space

Bi-amping the mains is a bonus

Headroom is something I've always liked

Dynamic volume for commercials (IF IT WORKS) would be sweet as that shit drives me fucking nuts.

why bi amping?

I do have an 3-4 y/o integra.

no hdmi.

it's just sitting now