mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

sean, im having my house elf sean look for the model number. I think I even have the original box and manual. dont quote me.

Ill let u know. Yesterday was a complete waste of fucking time. I even went to bed early and only managed to just lay there not sleeping, and then when I fell asleep it was just pure nightmares all night. I twisted my ankle while sleeping.

Anyway, I'll find out for you, and if you are interested we can work it out.

<-- needs a plate amp

Any recommendations?

I "could" probably make a fanless pro audio amplifier work as well. Or at least one that can be on in the listening environment. I'd sort of prefer a plate on one hand and on the other I know better.

sean, im having my house elf sean look for the model number. I think I even have the original box and manual. dont quote me.

Ill let u know. Yesterday was a complete waste of fucking time. I even went to bed early and only managed to just lay there not sleeping, and then when I fell asleep it was just pure nightmares all night. I twisted my ankle while sleeping.

Anyway, I'll find out for you, and if you are interested we can work it out.

Have him make me a sandwich while he is at it :)

am I allowed to have a midlife crisis at 28??

Eh, call it a 1/3 life or something.

<-- needs a plate amp

Any recommendations?

I "could" probably make a fanless pro audio amplifier work as well. Or at least one that can be on in the listening environment. I'd sort of prefer a plate on one hand and on the other I know better.

Plate are for nancy boys and girls!

I am interested, but also confused. I have a tendency to save money sometimes only to spend it again later.

The confusion is that I currently have my house wired both analog and digitally. The problem with the digital is that I'd have to buy HDMI baluns, analog well is easy :) Personally though I'd like to eventually be digital as having one wire coming out of the wall looks better than 5. Silly reason to spend an extra .5k bones perhaps, but then I won't have to change.

Also, I love the idea of Dynamic Volume to turn things down when commercials come on, but then I am skeptical that its compression algorithm will just piss me off.

I also like the idea of Audyssey, but again I am not sure that it will truly help that much in my space. Just having access to the eq myself will. I do plan on a separate proc for my sub anyways.

Lastly, damnit I just want it to be done so I stop researching and spending time thinking about it!!!

29 is more logical, but either way I surely did

<-- needs a plate amp

Any recommendations?

Plate are for nancy boys and girls!

Hiding a pro amp in my living room when there are no other electronics isn't that appealing though either.

Of course I already have a pro amp :Doh:

And its a Crown that does 1kW at 8ohms IIRC which means the Rlp would be teh happy.

He can't cook but he can make one bad ass samich.

I don't let him touch the grill anymore. He forgot some chops, and we had hocky pucks for dinner.

Out came the ramen noodles. He felt so bad he ate most of them just pouring on BBQ. It was epic

And its a Crown that does 1kW at 8ohms IIRC which means the Rlp would be teh happy.

U can mount pro amps anwhere though! Just get creative.

I'm almost sure my 18" Q will end up in the living room.

It "could" be broken though as a customer of mine gave it to me.

:Doh: I lied, 995w 8 ohm bridge mono

Crown ComTech 800

*now if I can just figure out what size fuse it has?*

It definitely has a fan though. Need to load it up and see how loud she runs.

He can't cook but he can make one bad ass samich.

I don't let him touch the grill anymore. He forgot some chops, and we had hocky pucks for dinner.

Out came the ramen noodles. He felt so bad he ate most of them just pouring on BBQ. It was epic

The grill is easy, put down the pipe and watch it!

U can mount pro amps anwhere though! Just get creative.

I'm almost sure my 18" Q will end up in the living room.

Invisible mount?

I am interested, but also confused. I have a tendency to save money sometimes only to spend it again later.

The confusion is that I currently have my house wired both analog and digitally. The problem with the digital is that I'd have to buy HDMI baluns, analog well is easy :) Personally though I'd like to eventually be digital as having one wire coming out of the wall looks better than 5. Silly reason to spend an extra .5k bones perhaps, but then I won't have to change.

Also, I love the idea of Dynamic Volume to turn things down when commercials come on, but then I am skeptical that its compression algorithm will just piss me off.

I also like the idea of Audyssey, but again I am not sure that it will truly help that much in my space. Just having access to the eq myself will. I do plan on a separate proc for my sub anyways.

Lastly, damnit I just want it to be done so I stop researching and spending time thinking about it!!!

I think along an extremely parallel line that you do. I spend so much time researching that I end up wishing I just got things done.

And realistically the difference probably wouldn't matter.

If I wouldn't have found the Denon 3310 for $1k I would have already bought the Onk 876 for $1k, but now that there is a choice. AARGH.

Of course my original budget was $300 :Doh:

The last receiver I bought was a Pio Elite I paid $125 for at the pawn shop. No RS-232 and a non-working sub output means I need something else. Pre to that it was the Adcom stuff I bought in 1991

29 is more logical, but either way I surely did

I'm having one, but I like ryans theory of 1/3 life crysis. Thhen I can rationalize a mid life and 2/3rd life crisis. A new sports car for each!