mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

apparently the email I supply on my resume can be "considered juvenile by interviewers"

...really? they're looking at the email address I provide to indicate my maturity level? seriously? I doubt that

but if they are, then fuck them

*goes to create a "more professional email address" to appease the assholes*

What on earth is your email? Lol but I also have a juvenile email address, I made it when I was 13 of course I do, I just made another one for jobs and such.

Interesting they do from me, not sure why but here it is re-hosted.

*pic*

The originals worked for me.

Sean they look fantastic, very nice :drink40:

They show up on my screen. Those aren't "finished" yet, but I love the curved sides. Personally I wouldn't use oak veneer, but that isn't the part I find beautiful. I love the black baffle and curved sides. Now I just need to figure out the best way to do something similar.

It does look very nice and actually it is quite easy to do, especially if one is veneering over it. Kerf cuts, braces cut to the curve you want on the inside to glue to to match your curve and your rocking out.

Similar things have been built by others. Those were actually done with 3/4" mdf strips all glued together and then 1/4" ply kerfed to cover. Another option is multiple layers of bendable ply. I am a little afraid of kerfing mdf as it will be a bit "digitized" in its bending.

Either way, I build a center first in a plane jane square box for temporary use/evaluation before investing time/money into making the cabinets.

*think I need an excuse to buy a table saw*

*pic*

Thanks, but those aren't mine just something I might consider making ;)

<--hates oak so mine won't be anywhere near the same in that regard

They show up on my screen. Those aren't "finished" yet, but I love the curved sides. Personally I wouldn't use oak veneer, but that isn't the part I find beautiful. I love the black baffle and curved sides. Now I just need to figure out the best way to do something similar.

It does look very nice and actually it is quite easy to do, especially if one is veneering over it. Kerf cuts, braces cut to the curve you want on the inside to glue to to match your curve and your rocking out.

Similar things have been built by others. Those were actually done with 3/4" mdf strips all glued together and then 1/4" ply kerfed to cover. Another option is multiple layers of bendable ply. I am a little afraid of kerfing mdf as it will be a bit "digitized" in its bending.

Either way, I build a center first in a plane jane square box for temporary use/evaluation before investing time/money into making the cabinets.

Once the kerf is solid you can sand it to remove all the 'digitazation'

OAK FTMFW!!

=)

Thanks for re hoasting them and poasting it here. that dude made some sexy blanks.

I would veneer them though. I agree it doesn't look right. Maybe just piano black the whole thing?

Sounds like fun. NOT! I hate cutting mdf moreso even on the sanding.

OAK FTMFW!!

=)

Thanks for re hoasting them and poasting it here. that dude made some sexy blanks.

I would veneer them though. I agree it doesn't look right. Maybe just piano black the whole thing?

Too lazy to piano black, some exotic wood veneer though might surely happen :)

Quick plots on my compromise family room sub

SPL

splrlp4cuft18hz.jpg

Cone Excursion (24.2 mm Xmax)

coneexcursionrlp4cuft18.jpg

Port Velocity

portvelocityrlp4cuft18h.jpg

Compromises:

1) I have the sub, so its free!

2) Not enough space for a 15 or 18 :(

3) Already have the amp, so its free! (and I got it free)

4) Already pre-wired

5) Not enough cubic space for a bigger enclosure

6) Not enough excursion/cone area to go complete LLT

7) Has to play music and mix well with mains that can play pretty low on their own, this should do both well and not be over/under powered for the room

Well then, I've seen it done with multiple layers of thin mdf. Not that I have something with using mdf, just that I've seen it done that way.

Oh yeah and I pretty much ignored Mike's recommendations. That is 4cuft at 18Hz for a 12" RLp DVC 4ohm. Going to give it 1kW at 8ohms from a Crown ComTech 800.

Going to use a Reckhorn for a sub-sonic and probably will add a BFD if the in room response needs taming. Considering the room it may not be that bad, but I know myself so it is most likely.

Oh, modelled with a 6" port which will be slotted not round which is also a compromise. When the port doesn't fit in the space nor enclosure you do what you need to. Luckily I have a lot of extra height available so I will NOT compromise on the bracing.

Also means that the IXL 12.2 will become my office sub and that my Rli8 will go up for sale.

Well then, I've seen it done with multiple layers of thin mdf. Not that I have something with using mdf, just that I've seen it done that way.

Me too, but seeing it done and doing it aren't always the same.

Ryan, does the Unisaw "collapse" at all or do I need its footprint for storage. I have to do some thinking and measuring in the garage to get it to fit. Perhaps my workbench will have to get extremely altered.

Of course the major compromise was getting it to dig deep enough. Oh well, it is just a teeny 12.

apparently the email I supply on my resume can be "considered juvenile by interviewers"

...really? they're looking at the email address I provide to indicate my maturity level? seriously? I doubt that

What on earth is your email? Lol but I also have a juvenile email address, I made it when I was 13 of course I do, I just made another one for jobs and such.

Penguin4x4 at gmail dot com

whatever, managers are assholes

I should know, I spent 5 years in school studying it

hehe

Ryan, does the Unisaw "collapse" at all or do I need its footprint for storage. I have to do some thinking and measuring in the garage to get it to fit. Perhaps my workbench will have to get extremely altered.

Nope, it does not collapse. The width of your fence rail is the width of the saw. For space saving I'd get the 36" fence rather than a 52" fence.

Also means that the IXL 12.2 will become my office sub and that my Rli8 will go up for sale.

How do you like the IXL 12 compared to the Rl-i 8 ? Only asking about the way it sounds, leaving aside the size difference. I'm half tempted to buy an ixl 10.

*pic*

Thanks, but those aren't mine just something I might consider making ;)

I know I would ;)

Penguin4x4 at gmail dot com

whatever, managers are assholes

I should know, I spent 5 years in school studying it

hehe

I don't get why that's juvenile at all, I can see mine being...out there but now yours seems fine.