mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

^EPIC!!!

Balls that see all

Personally, I'm not confused because I'm a geologist, so I studied about and believe that the earth was created 4.6 billion years ago and life evolved over 500 million years and yadda yadda. But I can't disprove the existence of a God just because of that. It's not black and white in that regard like some people think. Just because the bible says that God created the earth a couple thousand years ago and I think that's wrong doesn't mean that the whole idea is wrong. Perhaps just the story is written wrong. God could have made the universe 14 billion years ago then let it evolve, and we're just thinking on too small of a scale. At this point in time nobody can either prove or disprove that. Which is why I never think about it. It's a futile exercise. My brain is too scientific to believe in something without physical evidence. And yeah people say oh the fact that people and animals are here is evidence. To me, no, it's not.

and that concludes my thoughts on that.

I was born and raised a Catholic and went to a Catholic school for 9 years, so I've seen and read it all from their point of view. The first thing they teach is that the bible can not be taken for it's exact literal meaning. You find this in many ways. For instance, most people believe Adam and Eve to be a literal single man and single woman, when in fact, the church teaches it to be man and woman in the plural sense. One sex, many humans. Cain and Abel are nothing more than a metaphor for good and evil. The bible also speaks of many wise men whom are hundreds of years old. Literally, they are stating the men to be century old humans, when in fact, age was a way to convey wisdom in biblical times. The older the man, the wiser.

Of course this is different per religious sect, but the majority of Christianity follows the same concepts and very similar bibles.

Hmm, I guess I didn't know that they weren't taking it so literally anymore. I went to a catholic church when I was young and it seemed like they were taking it fairly literally, but I was also not paying attention very much. Plus it was in western Kansas where there are hardcore traditionalists. But I know people who believe the ice caps on the poles were put there by the great flood, adam and eve were the first two people, etc.

Personally, I'm not confused because I'm a geologist, so I studied about and believe that the earth was created 4.6 billion years ago and life evolved over 500 million years and yadda yadda. But I can't disprove the existence of a God just because of that. It's not black and white in that regard like some people think. Just because the bible says that God created the earth a couple thousand years ago and I think that's wrong doesn't mean that the whole idea is wrong. Perhaps just the story is written wrong. God could have made the universe 14 billion years ago then let it evolve, and we're just thinking on too small of a scale. At this point in time nobody can either prove or disprove that. Which is why I never think about it. It's a futile exercise. My brain is too scientific to believe in something without physical evidence. And yeah people say oh the fact that people and animals are here is evidence. To me, no, it's not.

I was born and raised a Catholic and went to a Catholic school for 9 years, so I've seen and read it all from their point of view. The first thing they teach is that the bible can not be taken for it's exact literal meaning. You find this in many ways. For instance, most people believe Adam and Eve to be a literal single man and single woman, when in fact, the church teaches it to be man and woman in the plural sense. One sex, many humans. Cain and Abel are nothing more than a metaphor for good and evil. The bible also speaks of many wise men whom are hundreds of years old. Literally, they are stating the men to be century old humans, when in fact, age was a way to convey wisdom in biblical times. The older the man, the wiser.

Of course this is different per religious sect, but the majority of Christianity follows the same concepts and very similar bibles.

Hmm, I guess I didn't know that they weren't taking it so literally anymore. I went to a catholic church when I was young and it seemed like they were taking it fairly literally, but I was also not paying attention very much. Plus it was in western Kansas where there are hardcore traditionalists. But I know people who believe the ice caps on the poles were put there by the great flood, adam and eve were the first two people, etc.

the vatican even embraces evolution now haha. its the uber evangelicals that scare the poop outa me. you guys ever see Jesus Camp? pretty F'ed up stuff there. full on indoctrination at a summer camp... watch it here if your interested... http://www.watch-movies-links.net/movies/jesus_camp/

theres another documentary done in the UK thats pretty nutz too. cant remember the name..

i can ride my bike with no handlebars

<<< loves flobots

Matt, curious why you picked the ZDT over the TMWW towers. Considering my stash of drivers I am leaning towards making one or the other for a quick solution for the family room.

if you meant me, i have no idea which TMWW towers you're referring to (and yea.. there was a bag)

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=15323&page=1&pp=35

Of course I ask because I generally am not a dome mid fan. I wish that those actually use the RS180 as the midbass even if it required 4 of them as I'd like them to be thinner. The center is a beast as well, if it weren't I'd definitely lean that way.

Brian's are gorgeous though, but damn I need a table saw if I am going down that road.

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=15323&page=24&pp=35

Brian's photos don't work Sean. Now you have me interested as to what they look like.

Ah shit, you need to be registered probably.

You are also in what we call the bible belt. Perhaps the literal follows where the strongest promotion occurs.

Tom's God

FlyingSpaghettiMonster.png

ha! that's awesome

There is another FSM disciple that just joined up, 'ogg' I believe.

Matt, curious why you picked the ZDT over the TMWW towers. Considering my stash of drivers I am leaning towards making one or the other for a quick solution for the family room.

if you meant me, i have no idea which TMWW towers you're referring to (and yea.. there was a bag)

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=15323&page=1&pp=35

Of course I ask because I generally am not a dome mid fan. I wish that those actually use the RS180 as the midbass even if it required 4 of them as I'd like them to be thinner. The center is a beast as well, if it weren't I'd definitely lean that way.

Brian's are gorgeous though, but damn I need a table saw if I am going down that road.

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=15323&page=24&pp=35

Brian's photos don't work Sean. Now you have me interested as to what they look like.

x2

Posting from Barnes and Nobles... Don't get internet til Thursday.

Virginia is everything I remember it to be. My place is about 10 minutes from the field office im working out of and I am smack dab in the middle of tons of places to go. No complaints yet. :fing34:

First time I read that I saw "VAGINA is everything I remember it to be."

fing05.gif

Five guys burgers ftw!!!

We just got a five guys a couple of months ago, but I have yet to eat there. I don't do fast food often, and 95% of the time it's only when I'm traveling.

It is good food and cheap. Also ours is located at Penn State main campus so that is always a plus.

I still can't start the expy.

I'm blowing god damn fuses every time. I put in 25 amp to see if it would start and it blew that.

I replaced both the ground from starter and the ignition switch in the steering column. Both were bad. Neither fixed my problem.

I may have blown up my 880 in the process. It was acting funny. I just got a new battery, maybe the interstate was just shot and sending wayyyyy too low voltage... wtf

who knows.

It couldnt even handle a 20 amp draw when I took it in. It had been draind from trying to start too many times.

Might take it to batt pluss and see if they can revive the old one. then I'll have 2 850cca batts for my truck that won't start.

lol

phuker.

Does it only do it when you are trying to start the vehicle or as soon as you turn the key? Disonnect the lead from the starter wire and try to start it and see what happens. If nothing happens, it's the starter, if it still blows, it's ignition related which probably means a leaky plug wire or coil pack. I don't know what year it is, but if it's a first gen, you should have a pair of coil packs.

I know you said you had the starter tested, but that doesn't mean there's not an intermittent problem with it that comes back once it's bolted in place or a load placed on it. The problem with 99% of these "testers" is they cannot put a load on the starter. It' the same way with an alternator. The only proper way to test is with a load.

It only blows when I turn the key to the Start position. I was able to start it with a jumper from the positive batt to the switch where the starter power and the alt and batt all come together. Last time though I drained the battery. I have a new one waiting to be put in and try starting again.

When you say leaky pack do you mean COP? I may have what you are saying confused. I have a known timing issue that I was almost 100% sure was a bad COP. When I had a guy put them in last time he didnt grease them. It ran fine untill the alt gave out. I got the new alt from you and about a week later after a light rain timing issue came back. Could a crapped out COP really stop the truck from starting but not affect it running unless under heavy load?

I will test the starter again, I nearly replaced it anyway as it's pretty old and has some exterior rust going on.

boo.

I will sign up and peep them speakarz latarz..

so tired. Only 5ish hours of sleep.. I also think I had a small anxiety attack.

sucked.

They show up on my screen. Those aren't "finished" yet, but I love the curved sides. Personally I wouldn't use oak veneer, but that isn't the part I find beautiful. I love the black baffle and curved sides. Now I just need to figure out the best way to do something similar.

weird. it totally says that brians photobucket page is inactive due to him not using it in 90 days.

maybe its the opera browser?

:shrug:

Sean, the photos don't show up for me. You might have to rehost them.

Interesting they do from me, not sure why but here it is re-hosted.

brianrs3way.jpg

They show up on my screen. Those aren't "finished" yet, but I love the curved sides. Personally I wouldn't use oak veneer, but that isn't the part I find beautiful. I love the black baffle and curved sides. Now I just need to figure out the best way to do something similar.

It does look very nice and actually it is quite easy to do, especially if one is veneering over it. Kerf cuts, braces cut to the curve you want on the inside to glue to to match your curve and your rocking out.

apparently the email I supply on my resume can be "considered juvenile by interviewers"

...really? they're looking at the email address I provide to indicate my maturity level? seriously? I doubt that

but if they are, then fuck them

*goes to create a "more professional email address" to appease the assholes*