mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Stupid pressure gauge and valve is what hurts to buy, that and the $50 deposit on the tank.

20k is ridiculous, but I'd definitely rather have a NA Merc than a charged one

i agree but the 5.5 is a bomb proof engine.

betcha I could do it :D

this is true. I have heard about people turning them into a paperweight.

I have only one problem with the blower, and that's that I live in the cooooold MN. Frost/ice inside there cannot be good.

The bigger problem is that the charger they chose isn't reliable here. I have seen a few spit them which scared me into only wanting certified. Modern Merc and reliability aren't exactly something that goes hand in hand. Too much electronic nonsense. Can't I get that engine with a single cpu and just some electric goodies on the inside that aren't controlled by a central processor?

And why the hell can't i find a V10 Toureg to drive locally. Aaargh.

I heard the same about the blower Sean pre 2005. From my digging 2004 and up are more reliable. And again, it's not my preferred option but I want to stay under 40. If I "settle" on an '05 with lower miles ~30 I can send it off to any shop in the nation to help with heat soak (the mail issue the blowers would fail). Heck they even have an intercooler front mount and some spacers that will bring engine temp down ~100 degrees I guess. That could be done for less than 10k.

And why the hell can't i find a V10 Toureg to drive locally. Aaargh.

MN sucks for all things amazing when it comes to cars. Accept porsche. We get crap tons of porsches.

I heard the same about the blower Sean pre 2005. From my digging 2004 and up are more reliable. And again, it's not my preferred option but I want to stay under 40. If I "settle" on an '05 with lower miles ~30 I can send it off to any shop in the nation to help with heat soak (the mail issue the blowers would fail). Heck they even have an intercooler front mount and some spacers that will bring engine temp down ~100 degrees I guess. That could be done for less than 10k.

Also for the record I don't give one half crap about the added performance aspect in reality. It's cool but to increase engine life and decrease wear. That would be well worth it.

I just made an account at MBworld a while back also. I'm doing as much reading there. Maybe a reliable guy will throw his in the classifieds...

<--didn't read enough to realize it was only pre-2005. Does make sense that the Germans would eventually fix it, just definitely not in the first couple years.

<--didn't read enough to realize it was only pre-2005. Does make sense that the Germans would eventually fix it, just definitely not in the first couple years.

I want to confirm it. There was some blower seal thingymabobber. It was causing heat and other bad stuff. WHen I last found a list the 1 year cost for 2005 E55s was 30% less than 2004.....

From what I understand is benz got new head management in 2003, and they put das boot to anythign unreliable. So 2005+ for all benz have more kinks worked out CLS came out then shortly too.

I want a beer boot now.

I should call in tomorrow and go to the german beer hall in Nord East

Ha, I'll be in Germany in less than 48 hours. Won't get a boot, but will get real German beer.