CadillacMatt

Break-in?

Hey guys, just got my Qs :D. I was wondering how exactly I should go about breaking in these subs, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

DCP_0002-1.jpg

id play some 26hz test tones at a lil more than half volume, do that for a lil while itll help break it in, other than that i would say just to drive and turn it up ;)

i donno about test tones... just simply play them, set your gains and your subsonic and play them...

if you ever around san marcos hit me up i would love to hear them!

Let it wang man!

Thanks for the replies guys I'm hoping they'll see power by next weekend (waiting on Damplifier Pro and amplifier :))

if you ever around san marcos hit me up i would love to hear them!

I live in Schertz I'm like 15-20 minutes away from San Marcos, I will definitely hit you up when I get them set up so I can check out your Lincoln too ;)

His lincoln was really loud (with the bls he had) but I would love to go see and hear the nightshades.

I just got 2 12 bls and they are wangin louder each day as they break in. :drink40:

whats going down killyou, the nightshades are much louder,

hows your friend doing with muh old bl's

yeah you are down the road right! shit yeah ill see ya soon!

id play some 26hz test tones at a lil more than half volume, do that for a lil while itll help break it in, other than that i would say just to drive and turn it up ;)

?

If there is no mechanical noise or issues as you turn them up slowly, ie if everything is installed right and kosher, there is NO need to "break the woofers in". The parameters will change over time but you do not need to treat them differently.

I'd also like to know where you got 26 hz from.

I second the motion to let them wang. Personally, I run em about 80% then let it cool down. After that, game on! The characteristics minimally change the more time you get on the woofer Either Scott or Nick told me that it may take up to 10 hours of usage before they are "completely broken in".

Imo, this ''break in'' thing is funny to me. Just install, and bang!!! There is no need to ''baby'' em for initial ??? whatever time. Yes they will loosen up over time, but that has always been the case for every speaker not just subs. I find the limits of mine as soon as they recieve power. That's just how I've always done it

its a 26hz bass tone, got it from limewire

its a 26hz bass tone, got it from limewire

no I mean the idea to use 26 hz

i was testing out a sub, and i played a 26hz tone free air. and it flexed alot so..

As with just about anything. I break it in the same way I intend to use it. Take it a little slow at first to make sure everything is correct then get after it

Set the system at a consistent volume, leave it there and the subs will get louder as they break in.

yeah you are down the road right! chit yeah ill see ya soon!

Jah man I will let you know when I get everything kosher. I should be installing the Damplifier Pro this weekend and the amp is coming tomorrow, all I need to do is the Big 3 and order my Mechman alternator next paycheck. :D