MKader17

We were all N00Bz once...

Today while searching for something for a guy on FSC I stumbled across the pics of my very first setup in my truck. Makes you remember that at one time or another we were newbies ourselves...

Interior.jpg

Yep... no carpet in this bad boy (I left the windows down too often at night)

FloorandSpeaker.jpg

Part of my front stage velcroed to the floor. 6x9's baby! don't worry though, I had 4x6's in the dash as well ;)

IpodinStereo.jpg

The best part of my first system. I am currently using this in my new truck

PS2Screen.jpg

Pop open that glove box and shazzam! ps2 screen bish! mounted on custom angled 2x4's for best viewing angle!

PS2UnderSeat.jpg

Look down... Oh whats that? PS2 at your feetz!

RearBassSpeaker.jpg

Incase you were wondering about the other 6x9... its doing BASS duty on the floor behind the drivers seat

Soon afterwards I started searching for "better" 4x6's and 6x9's then I ran into Fullsizechevy.com, found out about component sets and amplifiers. Met Mr. ///M5 and was recommended to check out SSA, and the rest is history...

Always remember you started somewhere too :) When I first got into Audio I thought it was just about being loud, then I joined the darkside (do I dare use the acronym.... SQ) :P

thats pretty BA

hehehehe. 6x9s in boxes, with one doing bass duty! That's funny.

But don't worry, my first system was worse. Dangerous, actually. My friend hooked up my system because I didn't know what the f was going on. He ran my power wire through the door jam with a switch on the power wire. Otherwise it'll always stay on, he says. My amp was not bolted down to anything, it was free to roam around in my trunk with every turn. Yeah, all that was bad.

Today while searching for something for a guy on FSC I stumbled across the pics of my very first setup in my truck. Makes you remember that at one time or another we were newbies ourselves...

Interior.jpg

Yep... no carpet in this bad boy (I left the windows down too often at night)

FloorandSpeaker.jpg

Part of my front stage velcroed to the floor. 6x9's baby! don't worry though, I had 4x6's in the dash as well ;)

IpodinStereo.jpg

The best part of my first system. I am currently using this in my new truck

PS2Screen.jpg

Pop open that glove box and shazzam! ps2 screen bish! mounted on custom angled 2x4's for best viewing angle!

PS2UnderSeat.jpg

Look down... Oh whats that? PS2 at your feetz!

RearBassSpeaker.jpg

Incase you were wondering about the other 6x9... its doing BASS duty on the floor behind the drivers seat

Soon afterwards I started searching for "better" 4x6's and 6x9's then I ran into Fullsizechevy.com, found out about component sets and amplifiers. Met Mr. ///M5 and was recommended to check out SSA, and the rest is history...

Always remember you started somewhere too :) When I first got into Audio I thought it was just about being loud, then I joined the darkside (do I dare use the acronym.... SQ) :P

great imaging there lol.... i used to b bout loudness as well... but now im more for sq or LSQ

That bass is boomin'!!

Haha, that takes me back to my first radio(can't really call it a system) Kraco cass. player 2 Kraco 5.25s and 2 4" kracos in a box........lol great times

nice old thread really brings back the memories.

Reminds me of my uncle back in the day

I bet dat bumpz on Jeezy yo! :P

Heck, just cuz I can I'll continue the chrono of "Old Blue"

Picture018.jpg

Added some custom FG Kick Panels with DLS R6A's. Still use the DLS' in my new truck as well.

AmpinTruck.jpg

Also added a US Amp XT1600.2 to power the bad boys

By this time I have joined SSA :woot:

*Editted to keep it Chrono logical...*

I bet dat bumpz on Jeezy yo! :P

Heck, just cuz I can I'll continue the chrono of "Old Blue"

Picture018.jpg

Added some custom FG Kick Panels with DLS R6A's. Still use the DLS' in my new truck as well.

AmpinTruck.jpg

Also added a US Amp XT1600.2 to power the bad boys

By this time I have joined SSA :woot:

*Editted to keep it Chrono logical...*

Is that DP I see? With 23 flavors of teh goodness

The next step for old blue!

DSC01164.jpg

Added some carpet and peel n seel on the floor. Also painted up the kicks

DSC01189.jpg

Got an L7 for free in the box so I figured, why not? *Note - the 6x9 isn't even hooked up and is only used to hold my books :P I was going to school that summer*

DSC01193.jpg

Also got this Boss amp for free and really has been a good amp (especially for the price :lol: )

I very quickly had to ditch that box for a real box

DSC01223.jpg

DSC01222.jpg

All 3/4" MDF, double baffle, braced corners, etc... 3.25Cuft. net tuned to ~36Hz

I really wish I could had metered it. It was EXTREMELY loud and lots of fun. Really not my style but it was practically free and it was fun showing other high school punks what a real system is about

Definitely SQL right? ;)

did it sound any good?

Really not my style but it was practically free and it was fun showing other high school punks what a real system is about

Lol i know what your saying. I hear kids in my school parking lot trying to show off their systems all of the time. Once i get my BL in i will show them how its done lol.

2 pyle red label 10's box with a hole in it(i refuse to call it ported) off a pyle 6 channel with yellow pyle 4.6's and 6.5's..........so....yea....the install was horrible...if i only had pics

I might as well post some pics up of my firsties...

Here we have my two 12" Solo-Barics in a sealed box... with the Boss 800w CHAOS pushin them puppies! :poop:

Note the slick install of my Dual 6 CD Changer ;)

20880630018_large.jpg

20880630019_large.jpg

20880630020_large.jpg

20880630021_large.jpg

LOL... I put these speaker grilles back here for show :Doh:

20880630016_large.jpg

I wish I had pictures of when I had a P1 in one box, and my solo barics in the other.... my how far we come :)