Aaron Clinton

SSA dcon specs are a go!

The dcon is ready to go!! >> SSA dcon page!

We will have them available on the shop very soon!!

DCON12D4

2"” wide, 4 layer, copper coils

Push terminals

Pulp Fiber Cone

Dual NOMEX spiders

FEA optimized motor

2" Anodized alum. former

Heavy Duty Lead wires

Hand crafted in USA

Fs 28.1hz

Re 7.8

Qms 4.46

Qes .35

Qts .33

Mms 121g

Xmax 16mm

Vas 85.6

Sd 480 cm^2

BL 21.7

SPL 89.1 1W/1m

Wattage: 300wRMS

Displacement: 0.14ft^3

Enclosure Recommendations:

Sealed: .90 cu.ft.

Sealed: 1.20 cu.ft. optimal

Ported: 1.75 cu.ft. @ 28-33 hz

Ported: 2.25 cu.ft. @ 28-33hz opt.

Sub Outside Dia.: 12.500

Looks great guys, you really hustled on these!

awsome stuff... :drink40:

Nice; looks like meen little buggers. Would you class them as "LOUD SOUND QUALITY" woofers?

any idea on what size box is required for the soon to be 8's pls?

No 15's?

Price on the 12's?

no 15's in this line. Price will be very reasonably placed in the mid $100's. We'll post exact prices when we decide on them.

WOW great price!

I've always wondered why everybody measures T/S with the coils in series? Granted these are relatively low powered subs so chances of a consumer wiring two in series/parallel to bridge to a 2 channel amp are greater, but it seems most consumers these days just wire everything in parallel since amps are getting cheaper and stable at lower impedences?

The 8's are still in the process, and we will have them out as soon as we possibly can. As for the goal and purpose, the SSA dcon is a "sound quality" type of driver first and foremost. They are very accurate and clean in sealed especially in the optimal sealed box sizes we listed on the dcon page. We feel that the dcon will really make its mark on the segment by being a smaller ported box driver that will surprise, especially on performance per dollar. So they don't require much power or space to sound great and have gutsy output.

Probably will do another SQ combo with a pair of them and a Sundown amplifier. With the wattage the SAX-125.2 (500+ watts) is capable of @4ohm mono, it will be a very nice set up for sure.

:) :) Very happy with this driver for sure.

I've always wondered why everybody measures T/S with the coils in series? Granted these are relatively low powered subs so chances of a consumer wiring two in series/parallel to bridge to a 2 channel amp are greater, but it seems most consumers these days just wire everything in parallel since amps are getting cheaper and stable at lower impedences?

I know what you mean. Probably just one of those standard protocols.

The 8's are still in the process, and we will have them out as soon as we possibly can. As for the goal and purpose, the SSA dcon is a "sound quality" type of driver first and foremost. They are very accurate and clean in sealed especially in the optimal sealed box sizes we listed on the dcon page. We feel that the dcon will really make its mark on the segment by being a smaller ported box driver that will surprise, especially on performance per dollar. So they don't require much power or space to sound great and have gutsy output.

Probably will do another SQ combo with a pair of them and a Sundown amplifier. With the wattage the SAX-125.2 (500+ watts) is capable of @4ohm mono, it will be a very nice set up for sure.

:) :) Very happy with this driver for sure.

thanks full on SQ driver is really what is needed

I'll second that, I was waiting for something like this with this kind of price tag on it. I'm gonna put it in the optimized sealed enclosure with 400watts running to it at 2 ohms. I can't wait

:slayer:

im going to try as hard as i can to get my friend to go with the dcon over the type R he's got on his mind.

im going to try as hard as i can to get my friend to go with the dcon over the type R he's got on his mind.

type R's, yikes! :captain:

Good luck, my neighbor recently came to me asking for advice for some hard hitting subs.He wanted 2 12's, but was on a tight budget. So I told him to get 1 Fi BL 12" and I was gonna help him out with a custom ported box. After all was said and done, he told me his friend recommended 2 type r's cause 2 12's is louder and better sound than 1 12. I told him to never ask for advice from me again.

The T/S are done with small signal analysis. It won't change them to measure the coils in parallel.

Good luck, my neighbor recently came to me asking for advice for some hard hitting subs.He wanted 2 12's, but was on a tight budget. So I told him to get 1 Fi BL 12" and I was gonna help him out with a custom ported box. After all was said and done, he told me his friend recommended 2 type r's cause 2 12's is louder and better sound than 1 12. I told him to never ask for advice from me again.

unfortunately its your duty to give advise as a member. besides at risk of him having a half ass set up that hurt other peoples listening experience, always give advice he might listen one day.

"Friends don't let friend drive with stock systems... or cheap chit for that matter!"

unfortunately its your duty to give advise as a member. besides at risk of him having a half ass set up that hurt other peoples listening experience, always give advice he might listen one day.

"Friends don't let friend drive with stock systems... or cheap chit for that matter!"

He's not really a friend, just a neighbor, I can careless.. He's on his own! :ghost:

As for the goal and purpose, the SSA dcon is a "sound quality" type of driver first and foremost. They are very accurate and clean in sealed especially in the optimal sealed box sizes we listed on the dcon page. We feel that the dcon will really make its mark on the segment by being a smaller ported box driver that will surprise, especially on performance per dollar. So they don't require much power or space to sound great and have gutsy output.

This needs to be added to the website. When I look at subs, I'm looking for its main intent. Volume or quality. Ideal enclosure type and size. And finally power.

Also, how much do these weigh? I can't find weight specs on the site.

I will add a write up for the dcon's, just like the icon's have. As for weight, I will have to get back to you on that. :)