xprime4

rattling like noise with fiQ18

Also, prevent anything from falling down in when you remove the cap.

the dustcap feel well stuck to the rest of the cone. Nothing that physically show a defective part or anything.

Also try taking the sub out and looking under the cone where the former is glued to it and see if there's a gap in glue.

Got some new development !

the sub was took out and hook on my car amp. The problem definitevely ain't the amps. Got some video, once again chitty but with some attention you can hear the little rattle.

I put the vacuum in the little hole near the spider and tried to empty the sub from little particule. It hasn't help at all.

I also took some pics around the dustcap. on one of those, you can see a extremly little... very very almost invisible little hole in glue around it. don't know if it could be a problem. Otherwise, there's no way i can get the dustcap out without some help from you.

so i now know the sub got something wrong. Coils are reading 1.8ohm each (dual 2ohm) and no scratching when i push the sub with my hand in the middle of the dustcap.

could the small gap in glue be the problem? i don't think it could affect performance, being that small and insignifiant but .....

video of the sub freeair with little power. Listen well, sry about quality. 35 sec is the best noise audibility moment video

pictures:

HPIM2384.jpg?t=1238009762

HPIM2385.jpg?t=1238009604

the little gap is in the second picture, around 7hour in military term ;)

Edited by xprime4

I already told you..the dustcap is loose, it happens in 1 out of every thousand or so speakers..just something that can happen when things are hand built, my apologies for it.

If you want to send it in you can, but there's no point because shipping will be expensive.

You can take a razor blade and gently go around the edge of the cap and strike a 'line' in it and peel the cap off.

Otherwise, smack the cap with a hammer and shatter it and gently peel the broken pieces off around the edge of the glue joint. We'll send you a new one and you can pop it back down in the glue joint and it'l be as good as new.

Otherwise, smack the cap with a hammer and shatter it .....

with a big big hammer :drink40: :drink40:

I can make a video for you if you'd like :)

It's not that hard.

I can make a video for you if you'd like :)

It's not that hard.

Sounds like a good idea. Others could use this for reference.

I just want to see Nick break something with a hammer. Dust cap, glass, face, I'm not picky.

I actually used a screwdriver lol :)

Video one...second part is uploading..I don't know how to embed it here.

I actually used a screwdriver lol :)

yea .... u should have used a hammer :clap: ...that was some funny chit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...hittin it with a screwdriver --->didnt give up :drink40:

:WTFBubble: you just destroy a cap just for me :D thank's a lot

so what are you suggesting? Should i try removing it with a little blade or putting a hammer in it?

you're working for Fi? could you send me a remplacement cap?

Yeah I work for Fi, we can get you a new red dustcap out..just email your address to me and we'll drop one in the mail tomorrow.

It's just a dustcap, I didn't even scratch around the edge of it with a blade..I just smacked it with the screwdriver. Teaching you how to fix it is worth the dustcap :).

I just watched the second video and i feel more confident about removing it. Thank's a lot :D

but i don't really understand. The dustcap is just plastic? how come that if i change the plastic piece that already look pretty much stuck, the rattling will stop?

I need to be sure that its my actual problem. Otherwise if you can contact me by mail that would be cool. alexandre.bertrand.4@ulaval.ca

thank's again for the video. Really helpfull :D

Edited by xprime4

:WTFBubble: you just destroy a cap just for me :D thank's a lot

so what are you suggesting? Should i try removing it with a little blade or putting a hammer in it?

you're working for Fi? could you send me a remplacement cap?

I'd try the razor first, but if all else fails.....FORCE.

By the way, this is some nice customer service. A+, Nick!

I just watched the second video and i feel more confident about removing it. Thank's a lot :D

but i don't really understand. The dustcap is just plastic? how come that if i change the plastic piece that already look pretty much stuck, the rattling will stop?

I need to be sure that its my actual problem. Otherwise if you can contact me by mail that would be cool. alexandre.bertrand.4@ulaval.ca

thank's again for the video. Really helpfull :D

The glue joint is what is popped loose and is causing the rattling. If you put a new dustcap back on there with epoxy the rattling will stop.

can i play the sub without a dustcap at all while waiting for my new one? harmful in any way?

and Nick, have any picture of the new red model?