dustin420

everyone read leave opinion

ok im sorry but after reading some threads on here people need to know! all these this sub VS this sub threads are pointless unless your comparing 2 way different subs like a btl an cvr most time its gonna come down to install. i think the saying goes 90% install 10%equipment! honestly almost every sub can be made to do whatever you want if the install and overall setup is right! then people are asking which sub will have better SQ and honestly no one can answer that, 1) everyones opinion will differ on what sounds good 2) what is a good way to compare SQ again every install is different! people need to understand every speaker is just that a speaker theres not one thats "better" than the rest, sure their are some that are "geared" to be more spl orientated or one that has a lower LE or transit response but overall its pointless to compare cause the install is the part that makes the speaker sound the way it does! so please everyone who reads this post your opinion. Dustin.

I'm not sure you understood everything you were writting about, especially the T/S parameters...

i could not read it all..... run ons make me click back......

err, well definitely an issue on here, but so are people who start threads and don't proofread their questions and make sure that they make sense. While I appreciate the goal of your thread, it wasn't executed very well which is nearly as bad as asking a stupid unanswerable question.

I like to see what others who are more experienced and have heard a wide arrange of subs have to say about different setups and see what their opinions are towards subs. Yes I know its all about the install and everyone's ears are different. Loud and good sq to one might not ve the same as another but its just nice to see what others have to say.

But I do see where you are coming from. I just posted a poll question and saw this thread after i posted it.

I like to see what others who are more experienced and have heard a wide arrange of subs have to say about different setups and see what their opinions are towards subs. Yes I know its all about the install and everyone's ears are different. Loud and good sq to one might not ve the same as another but its just nice to see what others have to say.

But I do see where you are coming from. I just posted a poll question and saw this thread after i posted it.

If you want to see what others have to say, it is better to be more specific in the application. Asking x vs y will get you a bunch of ignore's from users that know and a bunch of crap answers from people that don't. Welcome to the web, if your questions suck so will your answers.

are you asking what my opinion is about a thread that makes little to no sense?

:bull:

You guys are gonna kill me by me postin this because the noobs will now post-whore this website down with sub vs sub, hehe.

while i do agree that the majority of difference comes from install, sometimes, a large portion comes from equipment as well.

An example i read a while back is Audioque's equipment.

I don't remember if it was a 12 or 15 but that's not the point in this example.

Someone took an original AQ HD3 sub and swapped it out for the new AQ HDC3 sub. The new HDC3 is a LOT cheaper and suppose to be better.

How better? A direct swap increased spl output by 0.8dB!

the install wasn't modified obviously so equipment does play a good role even though most may not agree that it's a tiny bit.

Now, i dont tend to do the sub vs sub thing because it's almost impossible to answer UNLESS you have physically done swap out comparisons.

One can't compare one sub to another in a different box, different placement, different amount of people in the car, different temperature in the car, different altitude, etc....

If you got about $50,000, go and purchase one of every sub out there and to drop in comparisons and see for yourself what's the best for your application.

But then... not all subs work in the same box.... so now the install - sub ratio will change....

Point - too many variables.... stop sub vs sub thread.

0.8dB is under the human threshold of hearing a difference between.

On top of that dropping two different drivers into the same cabinet is stupid, unless they truly model that way so it isn't valid either. The only real logical comparison is ideal to ideal, and regrettably this also requires correction for the room. If all this is done fine and dandy, if it isn't (and I have yet to see this done on this site) then the question is stupid and most of the answers will be too. As I stated before, there is a direct correlation of how shitty the answers are to how dumb the question is.

Everyone who is reading this and doesn't agree, please go read the noob posting guidelines on this site as you need to.

You guys should see what i deal with on a day to day basis being a mod on the G35 forums...now that they have fallen into the price range where "certain" people can afford them :)

If i see one more "what size spacer to fit G37 wheels on a G35" thread i swear i might shoot myself. You thing the sub vs sub threads are bad, this is simple math...X offset - Y offset = the spacer you need. duh

Well it all depends on what the score was, if it was like 164 and went to 164.8, I'm sure you'd here some difference.

Well it all depends on what the score was, if it was like 164 and went to 164.8, I'm sure you'd here some difference.

You know... There is a reason they use meters for competitions rather than Mr. Joe Blow sitting in there saying which one is louder.

Nope. And btw it would be easier to hear the difference between 100.0 and 100.8 but you still can't

Nope. And btw it would be easier to hear the difference between 100.0 and 100.8 but you still can't

Yeah I was going to say that lower volumes would be easier if it were possible because at 164 your ears are so overloaded that they probably couldn't even tell a 5 db difference.

Actually, you know what is even more stupid that I see day to day is people judging subwoofers off of You-Tube...

That has got to be one of the dumbest, idiotic things I have ever heard of.... Entertaining, yes..... Informative? Only to a monkey.....

about 6 lines broken down into one sentence...maybe two.

I'm not sure you understood everything you were writting about, especially the T/S parameters...

huh? all i talked about was le an transit response and i wasn't even explaining them. i was just saying that some peakers will have "better" numbers than others but does that mean the other speaker is junk just cause the le is really high?

i could not read it all..... run ons make me click back......

wow didn't know how anal people were about grammer on here! yes my typing sucks but you got the point of the thread didn't you? anyway take it the way you want but all these this sub vs this sub threads are becoming really gay hence why i hardly post on this forum anymore!