Lucky 76

Chris' Wall Build in the Aviator vids p.35

Got some pics from the weekend. Finally got the horns mounted. Wall was started. Hopefully the wall structure is built in a couple weeks. Wednesday my subs come in so next weeks pics should be incredible.

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

Btw that is Josh (JammerJ). He specializes in the woodworking while I do my thing on the electrical.

i believe the tub of spirits within the back ground of the last pic might explain the young man's, (Josh's), red eyes and the apparent inability to kneel vertically , lol :drink40::drink40::drink40::drink40::drink40:

i would like for you to take a moment and forward me a crap load of info on horns.........yours as well as in general...pm is fine if preferred, thanks

can't wait to see your subs, lol at the delivery guy,

chop

HAHA I was wondering why i was leaning over lol, it wasn't the tub of spirits tho, i believe i was just falling over.

Ya most likely. I was all over the place that day. I must have fallen into the fiberglass insulation like 1000 times lol.

Ya most likely. I was all over the place that day. I must have fallen into the fiberglass insulation like 1000 times lol.

Ya rough day for balance....idk why

I tell myself that every time I put something new in my car. I say to myself "Why should I wash or vacuum the car when I am going to be installing some new stuff and it is going to get dirty again?". Believe it or not I havent cleaned it since the spring :ehh:

I know it is disgusting but once this system is complete it should get vacuumed ahahah

I'm just giving you crap, I am crazy about my sled being clean.

I would just make sure you clean it well before firing this monster up so you don't get a little rock or dirt in your eyes, ears and face 'cuz this is going to move everything not bolted down! Those horns look painfully loud, love how they look mounted. Can't wait to hear this monstrass, keep up the good work guys looking good.

I came home to find a wall of boxes inside my house. My parents would not bring them downstairs due to the fact that they were so heavy and afraid that they would throw out their backs.

I waited for Josh to come over to open the beasts up. Keep in mind I have never seen an 18" subwoofer before. I opened the box and just started laughing my ass off. I took it out and I just could not control myself. These subs are no joke. Wait till you see pictures. You really have no idea how big an 18" subwoofer is until you see it in person. Pictures do not do a subwoofer of that size justice. I got a nice chill down my spine too ahhahaah.

My dad proceeded to yell at me right after Josh left claiming that I got a hard on from looking at the subwoofer. He also yelled at me because he dosent know how all the seats are going to fit back in with 4 of these beasts in there. Little does he know that they are not ahhahahahahahahhahaha.

Might as well shoot myself now :suicide-santa:

I came home to find a wall of boxes inside my house. My parents would not bring them downstairs due to the fact that they were so heavy and afraid that they would throw out their backs.

I waited for Josh to come over to open the beasts up. Keep in mind I have never seen an 18" subwoofer before. I opened the box and just started laughing my ass off. I took it out and I just could not control myself. These subs are no joke. Wait till you see pictures. You really have no idea how big an 18" subwoofer is until you see it in person. Pictures do not do a subwoofer of that size justice. I got a nice chill down my spine too ahhahaah.

My dad proceeded to yell at me right after Josh left claiming that I got a hard on from looking at the subwoofer. He also yelled at me because he dosent know how all the seats are going to fit back in with 4 of these beasts in there. Little does he know that they are not ahhahahahahahahhahaha.

Might as well shoot myself now :suicide-santa:

Haha. I feel ya there. My dad still doesn't know I own my Xcon, and I have had it for a while now. He thinks that I am borrowing it from a friend. O but yea they are massive, I remember when I got mine, I was so stoked to get it in and hear it. They are awesome. I need to send mine in.

You should have seen me when the prototype showed up. ;)

You should have seen me when the prototype showed up. ;)

Haha. I ran to the ups man and took it out of his hands before he had a chance to even say a word. I was opening it before he walked away. He wanted to see wtf it was. lol.

Im interested to know how those horns sound. Looks funky but there is a reason for everything.

ya i am also wondering how the horns will sound. I am waiting for everything to be finished before I start listening to things.

This weekend was incredible. Josh and I spent literally from 8 until 10 am just looking that the subs and taking random pics with them lol. Work was accomplished. Get ready for some amazing pics. I am about to post about 50 lol. I apologize ahead of time for some of the pics where I look like an absolute retard.

For some reason some of the pics did not get uploaded onto my computer so I will upload those tonight if I have time ....

Xcon next to a cup

IMG_0519.jpg

Xcon next to a can

IMG_0521.jpg

"Now that's an ass" - Duran

IMG_0523.jpg

6.5 comparison

IMG_0522.jpg

My new component set

IMG_0520.jpg

Magnet doin some work

IMG_0524.jpg

Overly excited

IMG_0527.jpg

Ohhh shit

IMG_0528.jpg

Next to an old phoenix 10

IMG_0529.jpg

SSA's next model

IMG_0516.jpg

I like my subs like mah women ... big and black

IMG_0518.jpg

Believe it or not some work was actually accomplished come 2 in the afternoon

Tracing out the front baffle

IMG_0530.jpg

Josh dominating the router

IMG_0531.jpg

Josh was relieved to finish using the router

IMG_0533.jpg

Lookin nawyce

IMG_0534.jpg

Just had to put it partially together

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

The garage was a complete mess when we finished

IMG_0539.jpg

And my macbook got shit on

IMG_0532.jpg

Just had to get a feel for what we were getting ourselves into...

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

These bitches arent going in the trash anytime soon

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

I see someone got a little too excited with the subs, but great pictures (glad to see everything slowly coming together).

I see someone got a little too excited with the subs, but great pictures (glad to see everything slowly coming together).

Veeerrrry slowly coming together lol, although im thinking next Saturday the box will be completed.....hopefully.

Nope. Not getting the oil change next week so we gotta wait another week lmfao. All the pieces should get sanded down nicely, the pieces will be ready to be put together, the baffles will be completed, and then the week after it should get installed fing05.gif

What do you guys recommend I coat the outside of the box with? I have been debating this for a while. I was going to spray paint it but I have seen a couple of people use other things. What do you think?

What do you guys recommend I coat the outside of the box with? I have been debating this for a while. I was going to spray paint it but I have seen a couple of people use other things. What do you think?

I can not wait to see how this enclosure turns out... The size of those subs and the size of that vent are killin me!!!!

As far as covering the enclosure, ever seen suede flocking??? You can get it in about any color, its sprays on so it will cover any shape..

That stuff is looking nice but it is ideal for smaller applications. I would like a rubbery/plasticy look if possible. S.Meade's box has a rubbery look to it. I do not know what he uses though.

That stuff is looking nice but it is ideal for smaller applications. I would like a rubbery/plasticy look if possible. S.Meade's box has a rubbery look to it. I do not know what he uses though.

herculiner

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/accessories/accProductDetails.jsp?displayName=TruckBedCoating&itemId=55-10&navValue=100055&parentId=43-10&productId=229817&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=229817_0_0_&filterByKeyWord=herculiner&categoryNValue=100043&store=3226&skuDisplayName=Bedlinerkit&categoryDisplayName=RepairandLift&_requestid=745814

kind of expensive, and idk how much that would cover. And if extra is needed, 1 pint is $30

Edited by JammerJ

I think I am going with the hurculiner. I will most likely go gray. We wont need more than a gallon because there is only like 1/4 of the baffle left after the holes and port were cutout.

O never mind then. That is what I have now and I do not want to do that route. Thanks!