Lucky 76

Chris' Wall Build in the Aviator vids p.35

I have an Iraggi 260 amp in there now. The way all the pulleys mesh together there is no way I can run a second alternator or else I would. I am adding a d6500 for the front and 2 d3100s in the back.

I see. I haven't messed with the Aviators before. What motor does that have in it? I know a Navigator we did a few years ago we put a EMS 300 amp alt. on it. We had to cut and tig weld the factory braket to make it work. It had 2 4gauge outputs. Worked great though.

Just ordered 2 d3100s for the back and a d6500 for the front. Will be in monday.

The wall is pretty much constructed. Will post pics in the AM :drink40:

:bananaDance::dancing: It's the AM.

The wall is pretty much constructed. Will post pics in the AM :drink40:

:bananaDance::dancing: It's the AM.

This is true ....

Revision : When I wake up I will post pics.

I was just being a post whore.

I was just being a post whore.

Im loving the dancing bananas and the creepy smiley guy on the right....looks like hes having way too much fun.

This is what happens when you don't want to work

IMG_0603.jpg

Oh No

IMG_0609.jpg

Grounds Are Sealed

IMG_0610.jpg

Behold the Power

IMG_0611.jpg

Now it Starts Getting Fun

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

It Was Tough Getting in the Ceiling

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

Finally In

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

Looks great, just get the batteries off the concrete ;)

i've been waitin patiently.... for months, lol for this build.

It's one of the largest designs i've done for somebody and i want to see it come to life.

3d modeling pictures aren't as good as the real thing!

thats a wives tail ;)

You think so?

I'm not sure if it applies to AGM, but it's better to be safe than sorry right Mark?

What about agm batteries and concrete? The batteries are plastic wrapped so I don't think any contact will matter.

What about agm batteries and concrete? The batteries are plastic wrapped so I don't think any contact will matter.

There is a reason new batteries are NEVER kept on the floor, it's said that concrete will drain them. Mark disagrees apparently ;)

thats a wives tail ;)

heard exactly the same

Till this day I avoid putting any battery on concrete.

I do too, but it appears we can:

You see, the myth that concrete drains batteries does have some historical basis. Many, many years ago, wooden battery cases encased a glass jar with the battery inside. Any moisture on the floor could cause the wood to swell and possibly fracture the glass, causing it to leak. Later came the introduction of the hard rubber cases, which were somewhat porous and had a high-carbon content. An electrical current could be conducted through this container if the moist concrete floor permitted the current to find an electrical ground. The wise advice of the old days to "keep batteries off concrete" has been passed down to us today, but it no longer applies because of the advanced technology of today’s batteries.

I do too, but it appears we can:

You see, the myth that concrete drains batteries does have some historical basis. Many, many years ago, wooden battery cases encased a glass jar with the battery inside. Any moisture on the floor could cause the wood to swell and possibly fracture the glass, causing it to leak. Later came the introduction of the hard rubber cases, which were somewhat porous and had a high-carbon content. An electrical current could be conducted through this container if the moist concrete floor permitted the current to find an electrical ground. The wise advice of the old days to "keep batteries off concrete" has been passed down to us today, but it no longer applies because of the advanced technology of today’s batteries.

what! nice!! i wonder if myth buster did something like this yet? and i think i will play it safe b/c i have plenty of wood just hanging out in my garage lol!!

Kenneth

Hopefully the subs are in this weekend. I am back at college now so we can only work on it on the weekends.

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

O hey guys i was just talking to a maintenance guy, who deals with those things used to clean floors in a mall, they use water to clean the floors and what not, and sorry I don’t know the name of the machine. Apparently they run on these huge batteries (300ah) which are 6volt and are made to completely discharge and recharge up.

i asked him about batteries on concrete and he SAID if left on concrete they WILL dissipate, but over the course of a 1-2years at a time, the older the battery the more acceptable it is to this old wise tail!!

So that is what he said but I like to play it safe and just put some wood under my batteries which are in my garage.

and OP NICE work! looks like it is comming along very nicely!