Sign in to follow this  
jellyfish420

new kicks

That is the nastiest thing I think I've ever seen in my entire life. You are creating SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much work for yourself that you shouldn't have to do! I mean for real...use HOT GLUE and FLEECE. Also, make them larger...small sealed kicks are worse for midbass than proper IB setups. AND, when you make them large enough...GLASS the INSIDE only. Then you don't have to spend time sanding a nasty hairy ball-sack of a pod.

SO, in conclusion...I'm not trying to be mean...I'm trying to offer constructive criticism in my own way. If it were me...I'd DEFINITELY start over. peace

NG

That is the nastiest thing I think I've ever seen in my entire life. You are creating SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much work for yourself that you shouldn't have to do! I mean for real...use HOT GLUE and FLEECE. Also, make them larger...small sealed kicks are worse for midbass than proper IB setups. AND, when you make them large enough...GLASS the INSIDE only. Then you don't have to spend time sanding a nasty hairy ball-sack of a pod.

SO, in conclusion...I'm not trying to be mean...I'm trying to offer constructive criticism in my own way. If it were me...I'd DEFINITELY start over. peace

NG

i know its a bunch of work...but its ok. it'll turn out looking sweet as ever ;) and they're not small sealed, but actually IB. the hole matches up w/ the one in the kick venting it to the inner fender well...

10149102gy.jpg

My Kick Panels have a first name

its

B-O-N-D-O

i'm gonna go get some bondo today. everyone is always talking about mixing stuff w/ bondo. what is it? i think its resin. if its resin, do you still use the resin hardener? the bondo hardener? or maybe it was bondo and sawdust?

umm...acetone to make a milk coat to fill in pinholes, an alrernative to bondo is resin mixed with fine sawdust...

OR, Resin and Bondo...use both hardeners...

I recommend the acetone...but use AT LEAST 2/3 Bondo..and AT MOST 1/3 acetone. Or it will not cure rock solid...

NG

Hairy balls...

i started today by sanding a little, then laying one last layer of fiberglass cloth. then i went and fiberglassed the inside alittle. last i decided that i was gonna customize the grill a little. it'll look real nice once i get my g/f's 10" RE's for my doors :up2somet: ............

10149157xb.jpg

10149162zp.jpg

10149174yx.jpg

10149188fl.jpg

10149196rv.jpg

10149205tx.jpg

10149222wu.jpg

well, they're starting to look better

i definitely like the grills now

you must have sanded your ass off or had a real nice orbital sander...lol

second coat of bondo, completly smoothed out everything. hung it up and primered it, then the final test fit before paint. i need to touch up a couple little spots w/ bondo tommorow, but its basicly done:D....the passenger side at least :crap:

hey cb...in the first pic you can see my da ;)10149274no.jpg

10149283tl.jpg

10149299yp.jpg

just for a comparison.......

10148879er.jpg

I didn't think it could be done..... you've really "hidden" a lot, but looks good!!!

one done, one to go ;)

i braced a little better, and used a lighter, stretchier material. OMG it worked so much better. no panel warping, stretched real tight, no wrinkles! wow.

10149304gu.jpg

10149316sd.jpg

10149328np.jpg

used Tshirt???? lmao

that is one stank lookin piece of fabric...

do i detect long johns with a hint of dingleberries??? :grossout:!!!

very good work man

got alot done today:D got it all glassed. layed the bondo, sanded it smooth, and the primer is drying right now. i also got the other grill painted. if i get to painting it tonite, i'll have finished pics up later....but for now here is the work i got done today.

10149346ml.jpg

10149358kp.jpg

10149432ee.jpg

10149442sp.jpg

10149403um.jpg

10149411jm.jpg

here is a final pic of the driver side. i'll get a pic of it in the car tommorow. in the pic you can see some kinda wavy parts...i only got it super smooth in places that you could see when mounted in the car, the rest (that you can't see) is just 1/2 way smooth.

10149455tj.jpg

well i had some time to listen to them...well one side at a time. one of my 6.5's and one of my tweets is in the mail back from RE. i don't really like them. the tweets sounds better, being by the mid, in that the music blends together better, only one source. but the highs just seem very lacking on the floor. and now midrange is just gone. maybe w/ both it'll be better. but for now i'm very dissappointed w/ the sound :( maybe the RE's don't like IB. i stuffed some polyfill inside and it sounds a little better. maybe i just need some better comps, and a little more power