Quentin Jarrell

I need help picking out a demo vehicle

small or large system  

46 members have voted

1. 1. which system would you rather like to see at a car show

• smaller system with more attention to the install
    • larger spl type set-up

In the next couple of months I will have a line of high performance subwoofers to debut. In anticipation of the new lines I am going to start working on a demo vehicle. But I need some help. Would you rather see a smaller system with say four 12's or 15's with major attention to detail on the installation. Something along the lines of a bagged mini with a blow through. Or a retarded loud spl type set-up. Maybe a astro van with 16 or 20 subs.

Typically people come to see the insane SPL set ups, And what they can do I'd rather go see an ugly vehicle shake my brains than a very clean install. Granted the install of a SPL vehicle must be pretty nice too. Why not do something Loud and nice?

In the next couple of months I will have a line of high performance subwoofers to debut. In anticipation of the new lines I am going to start working on a demo vehicle. But I need some help. Would you rather see a smaller system with say four 12's or 15's with major attention to detail on the installation. Something along the lines of a bagged mini with a blow through. Or a retarded loud spl type set-up. Maybe a astro van with 16 or 20 subs.

Im the smaller setup individual who likes for it to get loud, that is more impressive to me. To me it is a lose lose situation if you have 16 subs and break 160 because it should break it and then if you dont then why didnt you? So that is how I look at it, but everyone has there own opinions. To me the most impressive setups I seen is the dude on here who break 150's with two tens and now Jacob with the 8" doing over 150db's, now that is impressive. :santa:

Im the smaller setup individual who likes for it to get loud, that is more impressive to me. To me it is a lose lose situation if you have 16 subs and break 160 because it should break it and then if you dont then why didnt you? So that is how I look at it, but everyone has there own opinions. To me the most impressive setups I seen is the dude on here who break 150's with two tens and now Jacob with the 8" doing over 150db's, now that is impressive. :santa:

That is very true. you could do a small set up with gobs of power. I saw a guy at a local shop with two tens, people were thinking he had 2 15's but when he folded his seat down it revealed two tens, which is very impressive.

What woofers/amps will you be using?

This demo vehicle will utalize my lowest line. XBL^2 motor structure, composite concave cone, 28 mm of one way excursion. Priced in the $300 to $350 range with sizes 10 through 15

Ah, what kind of power are you going to be running to them?

I agree with Jay-cee, a small crazy loud set up would be nice, and less expensive. what vehicle will it be going in?

But I voted for the smaller setup with attention to detail just so you will be able to show us what your equipment is working with.

I say go with the small system with the attention to detail! Stealth installs have gone away in favor of the SPL systems. I enjoy a smaller system based on install creativity, attention to detail and sound quality. Go small!

trink40.gif

I would go with a smaller car/smaller system (Hahhah like 3 or 4 15s...small my ass) , less cost involved with smaller car, less materials. etc. That would give you the ability to to give every square inch of the car the utmost attention to detail.

sure you can do 16-20 subs that get loud but is that what every one is doing. To be custom you got to think out side the box what about a sick install that hella loud ? Like a couple ported 15's in that truck if it's a extended cab. Or even slamming a astro and making it have the luxury of a limo with a sweet setup that gets loud in it got to be different to be custom.

Loud as clear with smallest subs that fit the bill.

4- 8's 2 - 10's then you could say Mr. Customer, just think how loud you will be with those 15's in your car.

20 subs says Mr Customer, you sir will never be this loud.

I would go smaller and make the only thing that can be seen without removing panels is the subs. Use the lil stealth amps and frame them in neatly and pay attention to detail.

Sadistic I'm liking the slammed astro limo idea. Maybe limo style seating with a clam shell type enclosure with a plexi back to view from the back doors. If I went this route I think six 10's would work nicely. Would be symetrical, fairly small enclosure, and with 28 mm one way excursion should bang realitively nicely. If I was to go with the six tens a soundstream xxx 15,000 would suffice.

Sadistic I'm liking the slammed astro limo idea. Maybe limo style seating with a clam shell type enclosure with a plexi back to view from the back doors. If I went this route I think six 10's would work nicely. Would be symetrical, fairly small enclosure, and with 28 mm one way excursion should bang realitively nicely. If I was to go with the six tens a soundstream xxx 15,000 would suffice.

sounds like your reading my mind lol's add some tv's etc.. and should be a good demo car

a 40 something inch motorized flipdown molded flush into the roof would be nice.

from what we have done walled setups that are insanely loud bring more people in the door. but it seems the ones with only single 12s have sold more product.

4- 8's 2 - 10's then you could say Mr. Customer, just think how loud you will be with those 15's in your car.

I agree. From what i have seen every one will come in to "hear" an insane wall setup, but when you take lets say 2 12s and get them loud as all hell it seems more affordable to customers who are looking for daily setups. As well as the ones who want the set up 3 or 4 15s.

my .02

I agree. From what i have seen every one will come in to "hear" an insane wall setup, but when you take lets say 2 12s and get them loud as all hell it seems more affordable to customers who are looking for daily setups. As well as the ones who want the set up 3 or 4 15s.

my .02

That's one of the reasons I have two 12's.

Astros have been done time and time again. Yes they can get loud. Yes they can sound real nice. However....

A small car, thinking along the lines of a vauxhall astra. Not sure what the equiv. would be in the US, probably a Ford Transit Connect or something like that. You could go haywire with one of those, make it get loud as hell but still have real good sound quality.

I like the Astro limo idea also. It'd have to be stretched and another axle added. Slammed to the ground. The rear end updated to a newer 3500 look with the black going from driver's side to passenger side. Gullwing slider door. Welded together barn doors to lift up or lower to make a step so people can climb in.

But no matter what, have to think outside the box.

im with small and neat, because like what some of the others have mentioned, if you have 2 15's lets say, and they bump Loud but also have a very clean install with a very perdy box, that will show your future customers that you can make a very good looking box that will also make their subwoofers happy by feeding them air like there is no tomorrow rather than a decent box with a shit load of subs. that says "i can make you loud if ur willing to buy 20 subs, and have a some what clean install."

I would say a small install also. And i personally think that 6 subs, would not be considered a small install!!! Try and stick with only 2 at most 3. Then just make them pound. People will be truly impressed more than if you open it up and you have 6-8 subs hanging out! Most people will never be able to fit more than 2. So try and scale it to what the average customer will have and show them how it will pound. It seems as if you are really trying to go with a large sub setup, maybe you could do both? But you will run out of cash REALLY fast that way. But that way you could be like "with only 2 subs you will pound hard, but if you did a wall with 4-5 subs you could stop hearts!" GL either way, i am sure you will produce something nice.

my .02

I agree. The reason you have a demo vehicle is to attract customers to your product or your shop. You don't want something that is seemingly unattainable or highly impractical to them. Yea, it's cool, but I don't think you will attract as many customers as a smaller setup. You want something that is fairly practical and reasonably attainable for potential customers, but still impressively installed and put together to highlight the positive attributes of your product or shop's installation abilities.

my .02

^^ this. you are going to have to assume your customers are completely uneducated. if they see a 20 sub setup, they wont be able to mentally scale it down to something they can afford. your sales pitch then is tailored only to spl competitors who are a minority in the customer base.

the flip side is if you show people what one or two subs is capable of, they get a real idea of what could be in their own trunk. as long as they are impressed, you will have paying customers. this way appeals to the most people which is what you need right now when you are debuting new product.

2-4 subs is obtainable for most customers and can fit in most vehicles if you want to give up the space. I think that would promote the product the best. :fing34: