sundownz

SA-8 Tuned to 37 Hz - Video

Low tuned SA-8 on music :

We didn't have anyone with long hair around... so we used paper.

"Low tuned"?

Yep - 37 hz on paper tuning. Seems to peak lower in-car than that.

I was thinking the same thing ;)

MECA Style metering results so far (this is done at the passenger head rest with driver door open):

CIMG3322.JPG

CIMG3323.JPG

We had a 143.2 but I didn't get a picture. Going to try some other frequencies later... that was the peak on the dash (37 Hz)... we haven't tried others yet.

I'm geeked for 4 of these powered by my SAZ-1500 in a ported enclosure at 32hz with a good electrical :woot:

:)

We rotated the box a bit and got it up some :

CIMG3330.JPG

CIMG3331.JPG

I don't think this huge 30" long port is really optimal... but we just modified one of the other boxes to give it a shot.

nice, congrats. i showed my dad that video and his scores and he immediately asks, "why do you have a 15 when they only have an 8 and they are louder than you?" wish my crx was that loud :popcorn:

If the port was that close to the tailgate in the back woundnt that make the tune a little lower? Whatever the tune was i have never seen a 8 perform like that and i have seen alot of good small woofers in my day. Great product!

nice, congrats. i showed my dad that video and his scores and he immediately asks, "why do you have a 15 when they only have an 8 and they are louder than you?" wish my crx was that loud :popcorn:

No your pops didnt say that, so he got jokes.

No your pops didnt say that, so he got jokes.

what? :trippy: lol

do 8's hit lows very good, I have never heard one.....so could someone enlighten me on that

do 8's hit lows very good, I have never heard one.....so could someone enlighten me on that

They play the same exact notes, the only difference is output.

There is no difference in sound whatsoever. The enclosure will determine how the driver performs at given frequencies.