gadgeteer123

I got my new xcon YAY! here is my short review.

the crossover is set at 100hz with a 24db curve

Do you know off hand where your mids are reaching down to? I ask as 100hz is on the higher side.

Love how the camera starts walking towards the corner in your 2nd video.

my front mids are set to 80hz and my rear mids are set to 40hz, I just like mid-bass just as much as i like deep bass, plus I was trying to break it in during normal use i normally use 90hz

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

Great purchase ! I love my Xcon 15 too, on "only" 1000 watts.

Why don't you like your enclosure ? It is big, and tuned low.

1600 watts is enough for this sub, you don't need to give it more, at all.

Vids don't do justice to subwoofers, tell us what you think about the sound rather than showing videos, please!

You don't need to break them in.

If you have your rear mids playing comfortably down to 80hz and below, I personally would lower the crossover point for the Xcon somewhat.

X2, I'd go around 70 Hz maximum.

I like taking full advantage of my subs, I love loud ass music. My enclosure doesn't meet the ideal suggested enclosure, plus this enclosure is for my kove subwoofer which I am selling. I can tell its not hitting as low as it should because this enclosure isn't right.

I will post pics tonight, I have to borrow my moms camera first.

I could actually hear my amp distort, ive never heard that before. I need a better amp.

I could actually hear my amp distort, ive never heard that before. I need a better amp.

your gain must be too high if youre hearing your sub distort.

You don't need to break them in.

If I don't need to break them in then why was it louder the second day of playing music, with the same settings?

Also, where all the responses to my vids?? I want some talk in here :)

I have a ?, How badly does the fact that I have a 85amp stock alternator in my car affect my amplifier? It is re-wired, I don't see the voltage drop no more than a max of 1 volt, but I know my amp is drawing 165-190 amps, since it is 1600rms.

????

I have a ?, How badly does the fact that I have a 85amp stock alternator in my car affect my amplifier? It is re-wired, I don't see the voltage drop no more than a max of 1 volt, but I know my amp is drawing 165-190 amps, since it is 1600rms.

????

one volt ? You're totally stock? What size wire do you use?

On my voltmeter I see a 0.1 volt loss when I play at full tilt, and the big 3 is not done yet. I only have 2 big grounds for the batt, alt not grounded yet.

My alternator is grounded to the body, and there is 2 gauge wire running to the amp

Because music is dynamic, your amplifier is not drawing it's full potential draw very often. Also, just because it says 1600rms, does not mean the sub woofer is seeing that much power. There are a lot of factors that play into what the sub woofer actually is seeing.

Ya I already know that, i'm not that much of a noob, I was just asking how badly it is affecting it. But thanks for your response.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

Ya I already know that, i'm not that much of a noob, I was just asking how badly it is affecting it. But thanks for your response.

I think the best way to start would be to get out the DMM and watch the fluctuation.

it will take a while to get those 5 spiders loosened up, but once it is you'll notice a difference in output. My 18's still aren't truly broken in yet and I really beat on them. with the little that they have broken in though, I have noticed a big difference in them.

also, what size sub is it you have? 15"?

My 18's get louder and louder everyday :)

I Think The Dude Who Was Saying You Don't Need To Break Them Is Was Implying You Don't Have To Be A Puss With The Volume Knob.

Edited by BigCProductions99

I know, that i started cranking the minute I got it . :) :) How do I use a DMM to check for fluctuations I have never done that before.

Drop the LPF to 80 or even 60 if your mids can keep up.

You will like it better, I bet. That 15 is not a midbass.

That box should be fine for the XCON. They do well at the low end of recommended. I had mine in a little over 3 each tuned to 34 or so and they did just fine.

I agree with the above, it takes a while to break these suckers in. Mine also sound better and better as time goes on.

Even if this box is fine, It belongs to my kove audio subwoofer, so when that sells I am out a box. So I might as well build the recomended enclosure. after my kove sells. if anyone is interested in my kove its $200 enclosure included.

Here are some pics, a foam close-up and some others, i hope you enjoy! :):wub:

100_0034-2.jpg

100_0033.jpg

100_0032.jpg

100_0031.jpg