gadgeteer123

I got my new xcon YAY! here is my short review.

Your jacked. Stop posting BS. :( You can't hear it and no you don't have headphones that play 5Hz lol. Never boast post again, just makes you sound like even more of an idiot. Really sick of your nonsense.

Here are my headphones

sony mdr-v700 headphones

go to specs and look at bottom right

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

Your jacked. Stop posting BS. :( You can't hear it and no you don't have headphones that play 5Hz lol. Never boast post again, just makes you sound like even more of an idiot. Really sick of your nonsense.

Here are my headphones

sony mdr-v700 headphones

go to specs and look at bottom right

ROFL. Another reason not to buy Sony stuff. Those specs are open ended (ie it doesn't state the roll off) in which case you could say that mine play 0.05Hz and it would have the same amount of meaning. That is TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE marketing lies. :( No one in hell those can truly reproduce 5Hz at any level that would be noticeable EVEN if you could actually hear that low. Seriously funny stuff.

I'll sell my 10" PG sub for...$200. It has a frequency response of 25-200! Imagine a speaker that could play that low AND that high in only a .7 cu ft enclosure!

lol...

Advertised "response" stuff like that is ridiculous. My 6.5" components are like 32-23000Hz or something...not going to hit 32Hz, that's for sure ;)

i'm not pushing the matter but, why when i play a 8hz note I can feel the air moving in my ears? and even if the rolloff is a lot, these things can sure make my ears tingle, and they can hurt my eardrums more than my car can. these things cost me $160 when i bought them 3 years ago. ive had them apart for cleaning to, there ported headphones lol.

What source, what amplifier, where did you get the 8Hz tone...

Either way, it is harmonics if anything.

Again, no one on hear said that they driver in your earphones won't move at 5Hz it is just that it won't play 5Hz audibly again assuming you could even hear that. Even hearing 20Hz is a stretch for most people.

Stop changing your posts. Either way, my response is the same. Nothing special about those headphones and many others I'd rather spend the $160 on.

why are there so many good reviews on these these then? If you want I can get some reviews from some good headphone magazines, who have done plenty of testing compared to its competitors. if not i'll leave u alone.

All about the competitors. Plenty of great cans on the market.

ya well even if these aren't that great in the grand aspect of things, they still sound awesome and can make my ears itch from the vibration. :)

Good earphones > great speakers, or at least they can be. Cans are by far the most cost effective way to get great sound. Good ones need a headphone amplifier though.

mine do need a headphone amplifier, lots of power handling for headphones, I built a homemade amp for them, and wow I don't think I want them to go that loud, plus the school made me throw it away cuz they thought it was a bomb lol. big black box with switches on it hmm.

mine do need a headphone amplifier, lots of power handling for headphones, I built a homemade amp for them, and wow I don't think I want them to go that loud, plus the school made me throw it away cuz they thought it was a bomb lol. big black box with switches on it hmm.

You built a home-made amp eh? Specs and pics? I'm intrigued!

Its in my storage shed so idn about pics, but it was and amp out of some old premium computer speakers from the late 90's the sub blew, so i took it apart and I wired it to run off of two 9 volts and the headphones where getting about 2.5watts per channel which was a tiny bit overkill but I kept internal volume set at one setting, those headphones could sure make my ears vibrate and tingle lol and when a deep not hit i sweat i could feel the air moving :) idn if it really was but it sure felt like it (in my ears). and i put it all in one of those radioshack diy kit enclosures.

Please stop. I beg you. From what you just said you didn't build shit. Yuo transferred some sort of amplifier into a new housing. What is wrong with you?

Edited by John Holmes

Its in my storage shed so idn about pics, but it was and amp out of some old premium computer speakers from the late 90's the sub blew, so i took it apart and I wired it to run off of two 9 volts and the headphones where getting about 2.5watts per channel which was a tiny bit overkill but I kept internal volume set at one setting, those headphones could sure make my ears vibrate and tingle lol and when a deep not hit i sweat i could feel the air moving :) idn if it really was but it sure felt like it (in my ears). and i put it all in one of those radioshack diy kit enclosures.

Holy crap kid. We need to put a shit filter on anything you say. Home built, roflcopter.

I built a sandwich last night, basically, I took two pieces of bread, meat and cheese, I modified the bread to accept items between the two slices, that is where I placed the meat and cheese. I'd post pics but it's out in the shed.

I built a sandwich last night, basically, I took two pieces of bread, meat and cheese, I modified the bread to accept items between the two slices, that is where I placed the meat and cheese. I'd post pics but it's out in the shed.

LMFAO! You sure you cant take pics because you ate it?

wow you guys gotta get technical, I can't believe how rude people can be in this world. would you rather put together a ghetto amp or pay over a $100 for something that does almost the same thing, only difference is the $100+ one sounds little better but cost tons more. but seriously I said built,I didn't say built from scratch, and yes you did build a sandwich. anything you put together from other pieces is building. I did take batter connectors and a soldering iron, and headphone jacks and re-wired volume knobs, and a power switch, it was meant to be simple omg. experiments, this kind of stuff is really starting to get to me.

And do you guys have to pick on the autistic kid. just leave me alone. ive got enough depression issues as is.

It's just really hard to comprehend and believe what you say! Okay you built and amp with ghetto parts fair enough, if you say you built it then post pics of what you built. Don't feed us :bull: and say it's out in the shed. If it is fine, go get the sumbitch take some pics of said amp and post em' up! :stfu:

but its a storage shed 20 miles away, i don't have a license so how am i supposed to get it. I will post pics if you want when i get around to going out there but idn when that will be

but its a storage shed 20 miles away, i don't have a license so how am i supposed to get it. I will post pics if you want when i get around to going out there but idn when that will be

Ask your mom to drive you!

Lol don't worry bout it kid, some people take themselves WAY too seriously. Bottom line is keep doing what you are doing and keep learning, these guys are way older than you and are just pretending they aren't jealous of the technology you have at your age. Just cause you are honest about not knowing everything about everything is an automatic invitation for haters to hate. Just brush them off, not worth your time (trust me).