Sign in to follow this  
aherzing

Help with my BLs, NO SOUND :-(

So I finally had finished my box, got my amp and my subs came, I was just waiting for the opportunity to install I got it all hooked up and no sound... After some trouble shooting- I hooked up an old amp and speaker to make sure all my power stuff was ok and my head unit was providing signal and so my old amp and speaker worked fine... So I replaced the amp thinking that was the problem and I am still having the same issue... So either there is a problem with my two BLs, a wiring issue, or an amp settings issue... Heres the specs on my system I hope you guys can shed some light on my situation... Thanks

2 10 in FiBL 1 Ohm DVC

Hifonics BXI 2608D

Kenwood DNX 5120 Headunit

Stinger 0 awg amp kit

10 awg stringer wire for speaker wire

I have the subs wired for 1ohm (see diagram)

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Here is a link to the amp specs-

Hifonics BXi2608D Amp: Mono - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

Headunit info-

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-PBWH9G80kxB/p_113DNX5120/Kenwood-DNX5120.html

good job on switching out the sub and amp with a replacement...just to make sure did you check the rca's if they were tightly in

good job on switching out the sub and amp with a replacement...just to make sure did you check the rca's if they were tightly in

Ive checked all the basic stuff multiple times but might have missed something so throw all te suggestions you have at me... RCAs from at the amp and HU are in tight

Go through and double check you're wiring on the subs. It's easy to overlook a missing connection when wiring in series.

check your grounds? maybe try and switch your amp's ground-directly to frame. see if that does anything. hope that helps

did u do the wiring urself? check ur remote wire.

did u do the wiring urself? check ur remote wire.

The amp lights up and turns on and looks like everything is fine but no sound... I did do the wiring myself but its worked with other amps before this one...

Sometimes the best thing to do is start over from the battery and work back checking all connections.

Do you have a DMM?

A DMM will tell all, usually.

If the amp is powering up, have you checked to see if its going into protect?

If it's going into protect you may have a wiring problem or a bad amp (it happens, even new)

Have you connected the old speaker to the new amp to see if you had sound?

This would tell you whether the problem is with the amp or the subs.

Have you tried hooking the subs up seperately (one at a time)?

Doing this could tell you whether or not you have just one wired incorrectly or have some other problem with one of them.

Try this stuff and see what you get.

swap out the rca's...might have gotten a bad set.

I have had this exact same problem before and it was a faulty set of RCA's, I hope thats all your is...

im embarrassed to admit this, but my first install when i was 16 years old i accidentally hooked the RCA's into the headunits INPUT instead of the SUB OUT, i was wondering the same thing you are, amp light is on, im getting power, but no sound, crap the subs must be junk. sure enough the next day i went to check the RCA's behind the headunit, sure shit they where plugged into the wrong spot. lol so that might be your problem. just check it out, anything can happen.

OK... lets take the speaker wires out of the amp. Go ahead and use a 9V battery or a drill battery or whatever is handy and "pop" test things. Do this to the connection to the subs that was previously wired to the amp. Do the subs pop in the same direction, or at all? If not in the same direction or "phase", go ahead and individually pop each coil with respect to phase. If all is well, re wire and check again. This makes sure polarity is right with all wiring and eliminates the subs from the equation.

Thanks,

Scott

What was the solution to this thread just curious???

I know on my headunit, I had to turn my RCA outputs on before they would send a signal. It was just a setting in one of the menus.

May be your amp is not stable in 1 ohm load...but if it`s not stable should be activate protection of the amp.The amps has an input and output RCA`s check that too...hope you figure it out.

Sign in to follow this