Sign in to follow this  
tobio

Sub has arrived, pics and all

Hey guys, so my sub arrived today safe and sound after a few hicups with shipping, it ended up getting here without any problems,

Just want to say a huge thanks to Fi and their team especially Scott and Nick for helping me out and replying to my emails,

your company is just incredible and your products, i dont think there is a word to describe them absolutly marvelous should do it hehe

UPS first said it would come on 02/02/10 but then when it didnt show up they changed the date to 04/02/10 but then on the 3rd

i hear the truck reversing into my driveway and was like :woot: , opening the box wasnt easy without destroying the packaging

but i managed, then unscrewing the top wooden hold to uncover this buatifull beast of a sub 18" BTL,

it is effing HUGE, and i was excepting it to be heavy but not this bluddy heavy, wasnt easy getting it out of the box haha

god damn its heavy :P

And thank you so much for all the stickers, im going to have to cover my whole car up in em lol

And after a few hours of staring at the sub and admiring its buaty, i realised im going to have to build another baffle piece onto my box

so i went down to the hardware store got some more MDF then cut out another hole for the sub and attatched it :D just because after

seeing how heavy the sub is, i dont think 1 baffle of 3/4" could support it :D.

Also, any tips on what screws to use blah blah any info on screwing the sub in would be much appreciated thanks guys.

So umm, yeah the pics :D

DSC01553.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01545.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

DSC01549.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

DSC01548.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

Looks good!

thanks!, ill have some pics up and a review once i get it in the box and get my batteries set up and everything :drink40:

:woot::woot::woot:

wow nice btl, i cant wait to get my 15 Q , the wait is driving me nuts!!!, then im in hawaii and i only ordered it about 2 days ago. anyways have fun with that sub bro!!

:popcorn: Vids soon???

jesus christ, my back is in severe pain, i think my hands are broken and i have scratches all over my arms, all from trying to get the sub in to the box ITS THAT HEAVY, i couldnt even lift it out of the box to drill the screws in, ahh man,

also powered it up after a few problems with the wiring and amp settings i got it running, but its not that loud for some reason, this is my setup

7 cubes, tuned to 32hz slot port

18" BTL dual 2 ohm FL

aq2200d

LPF is set to around 80hz

subsonic is around 25hz

gain is set with DMM at 44volts, 3/4 volume and 50hz tone

You sure you have it wired like this:

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Check you headunit settings also. What does your electrical consist of?

Amazing craftsmanship there :drink40:

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

yes, except the + and - from the amp go into one set of terminals then + from that to the other set and same with negative, is that wrong?

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

yes, except the + and - from the amp go into one set of terminals then + from that to the other set and same with negative, is that wrong?

It supposed to be wired as shown. Did you get it to work?

Not being patronising but I assume you have wired it as so.

Pos terminal from sub to second pos terminal on sub to amp

Neg terminal from sub to second neg terminal on sub to amp ?

If it still isnt outputting correctly something me be awry somewhere.

It's not loud ? Something must be wrong!

But the sub is brand new, maybe it needs some time.

BTL's are just sexy ;)

yes they are :D

and no the + and - from the amp go into 1 set of terminals,, shud the - go into the 2nd set? cud that be the prob?

BTL's are just sexy ;)

yes they are :D

and no the + and - from the amp go into 1 set of terminals,, shud the - go into the 2nd set? cud that be the prob?

Pos from amp to any pos on speaker, then from there to other pos on speaker, same with the negs. You have a dmm, check the resistance, should be 1 ohm, if its 4 ohm, you messed up. Also, check your rca's from the h/u all the way back. unplug one, does it get quieter? if so, rca's are good.

Andrew you need to bump your subsonic up a little bit and get it to about 3Hz below the tuning of your port...

I don't want you to have any problems with the sub breaking flopping under tuning.

I threw you some extra stickers in due to the inconvenience of USPS saying it was too heavy to ship :)

Let us know you you like it in the long term!

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

This picture is not hard to understand.

Run a piece of speaker wire from one of the negative terminals on the speaker, to the other negative terminal on the speaker, then get another peice of speaker wire and run it from either one of the negative terminals on the speaker to a negative on the amp(doesnt matter which negative terminal on the amp you put it in since it's internally bridged) Then do the same for the positive, run a piece of speaker wire from one positive terminal on the speaker to the other positive terminal, then get another piece of speaker wire and run it from a positive terminal on the speaker(doesnt matter which positive you hook it to on the speaker) to a positive on the amp. In the end you should end up having only one positive hooking up to the amp and one negative.

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

This picture is not hard to understand.

Run a piece of speaker wire from one of the negative terminals on the speaker, to the other negative terminal on the speaker, then get another peice of speaker wire and run it from either one of the negative terminals on the speaker to a negative on the amp(doesnt matter which negative terminal on the amp you put it in since it's internally bridged) Then do the same for the positive, run a piece of speaker wire from one positive terminal on the speaker to the other positive terminal, then get another piece of speaker wire and run it from a positive terminal on the speaker(doesnt matter which positive you hook it to on the speaker) to a positive on the amp. In the end you should end up having only one positive hooking up to the amp and one negative.

well you see thats where i messed up, i put both the wires that go into the the amp from the sub, to the same set of terminals, im guessing they need to go to oposite sides.

Sign in to follow this