stevemead08

IAK needs an "IHOP"

We decided to make a little vacation out of the south tx meet

Cool, it's good to get away and let your mind be at ease if only for a couple days.

Yeah. Central texas is very pretty. Austin is absolutly beautiful. I'm from the west coast where there is mountains and trees....houston has neither. When I do see nice scenery it reminds me of home

I picked up a couple of PAP subs today.

Yep, he has got some PAP subs and I think he will enjoy them alot... :drink40:

I did a little comparison today just farting around.

3 sa 8's vrs 1 wmd 12

both wired to 1 ohm

Tested on the battery bank with car off.

Saz 1500

Directly to the Zune so there was poor input voltage

The 8's took this round. Definitely louder.

The 12 hit lower though.

No secondary adjustmetns were made to optimize anything. Just a plug and play one verses the other.

I do need to rotate the 12 and secure it better I was getting a little noise from around the gasket.

and I was getting a little port noise? Hawk did you ever encounter noise with this setup?

The 8's box is 1.8 tuned to 32.

No idea on the cubes on the slot port wmd box tunning is 30 though.

No, I didn't ever hear any port noise at all... But then again the box was built to run about 1200 rms on that 12.... Go ahead and run those numbers on the 15 and build a box on it and see what that beast can do for you on that 1500...

By the way that box was built to run the low end hz...

not much noise from my 18"s.....

but those AQ's that mikey has , well those suckers have thee most god-awful noise coming from them......

it might have something to do with the sheet metal that is right above them flexing 3 plus inches, lol

ftw!!!

iak

IT definitely :fing34: produces the lows. I ended up running 10 gauge wiring. So I had to remount the sub. I may just install some t-nuts. And some bracing I had it walking across the floor from flexing. Kind of funny to see 60lbs wiggle across the floor. It is a big box :woot: .

it might have something to do with the sheet metal that is right above them flexing 3 plus inches, lol

So your saying Mikey has Stretchmarks?

Big up and much love to papa chop! I got the loaner HU hooked up and working :woot: I still need to run 3 sets of RCA's again and build the false floor/amp rack though. I'm trying to decide now whether or not to repurchase the double din or go back to a single :puzzled: The single din I'm looking at is the Kenwood KDC-X794 that I've found for about $175 new from an authorized dealer. I figure I can get some opinions and suggestions at the breakfast on sunday but anyone else is welcomed to chime in. :drink40:

Big up and much love to papa chop! I got the loaner HU hooked up and working :woot: I still need to run 3 sets of RCA's again and build the false floor/amp rack though. I'm trying to decide now whether or not to repurchase the double din or go back to a single :puzzled: The single din I'm looking at is the Kenwood KDC-X794 that I've found for about $175 new from an authorized dealer. I figure I can get some opinions and suggestions at the breakfast on sunday but anyone else is welcomed to chime in. :drink40:

I like the apprach of the cheapness and easy availability, bbbuuuutttt i am a bigger fan of pioneer. Never really liked kenwoods anyway always seemed to different for me. Maybe look into the newer version of the old h/u you had? that pioneer. It was schweeet!!!

I'm gonna hit a shop that sells kenwood tomorrow in the morning and see if I can get a little hands on with that deck I mentioned.

What's happenin brother :gayhaaay1:

uh, not too much..... dropping in for a sec, then off to bed.....

Right on bro, I know this heat is starting to beat on you.

Right on bro, I know this heat is starting to beat on you.

13 hrs. today , knocked out three complete yards! me plus one laborer!!!!

:faintthud: I remember those days and not in a good way

No thanks on those days and the gym bro......I'm just trying to get motivated into becoming more active in general. I had a little scare about a week ago and took myself to the ER. Not quite sure what was going on exactly but I was having some serious chest pains. I ended up setting a doctors appointment up and now had to do some bloodwork today......waiting to hear when the stress test is gonna be set up. Heart problems run in the family so time to start taking better care of myself.

No thanks on those days and the gym bro......I'm just trying to get motivated into becoming more active in general. I had a little scare about a week ago and took myself to the ER. Not quite sure what was going on exactly but I was having some serious chest pains. I ended up setting a doctors appointment up and now had to do some bloodwork today......waiting to hear when the stress test is gonna be set up. Heart problems run in the family so time to start taking better care of myself.

bro!!!

you can hit up this anytime fitness under my account..... it will be $20 bucks a month.....

you can drop in anytime....

me and momma joined up already and it is cool....

even if you only go twice a week...it is a start!!!

don't let that ticker get all fowled up....

Mikey's system will not be too nice to it!!!

gotta hit the sack bro...

check out the post in my build....

hollar!

IAK

chop

I've been looking into this Kenwood HU I mentioned a little earlier (KDC-X794 CD) and for the price I'm seeing.......$173, it's packed with one helluva punch :drink40: