stevemead08

IAK needs an "IHOP"

five, we typically don't filter the bacon grease at all.....

through it in a glass jar and keep it in the fridge dooor.

i would be hard pressed to gauge how long to gather up enough for the deep fyer....

i will try to watch and see..... not long though between all of us.

i agree with the Duck fat, but we do not eat it around here.....

steve, nice addition to the electrical !

Ah, I use all mine so it doesn't collect very well. Perhaps if I didn't drink it. :ehh:

LMAO @ 5.....

Ah, I use all mine so it doesn't collect very well. Perhaps if I didn't drink it. :ehh:

lmao @ you guzzleing the grease...

hey, five, do you have a copy of the cookbook up for sale....????

hit me up with a pm if you do!

chop

chop

I don't really use cookbooks, but if you are after a book or two to read to understand how things work in the kitchen I HIGHLY recommend:

Cookwise by Shirley O. Corriher

On Food on Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen by Harold McGee

Neither are really cookbooks per se, not that they don't include recipes, but more importantly show lessons on why what happens when you do what. Shirley's book is probably an easier first read, but expect years to absorb it all. Outstanding reads IMO. Akin to the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook for audio.

chop

I don't really use cookbooks, but if you are after a book or two to read to understand how things work in the kitchen I HIGHLY recommend:

Neither are really cookbooks per se, not that they don't include recipes, but more importantly show lessons on why what happens when you do what. Shirley's book is probably an easier first read, but expect years to absorb it all. Outstanding reads IMO. Akin to the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook for audio.

:pukedesk:

lmao....

oops, sorry, i sorta went off subject....... yeah i was assuming you had seen my last post in the "port area" thread.....

i was asking if you had one of your older copies of the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook .

however, now that you threw those into the loop, i will have to lok into them as well, i love my kitchen!

but, back onto the audio scene for a sec..... i was wanting you to help keep a eye out for a cheaper copy of the LDC ..... you had mentioned seeing around $20..... or, perhaps if you had one to pass on, then i would be interested in buying it from you...especially if it was scribbled full of ///M5 notes and highlighted areas!! lol

thanks

chop

chop

:pukedesk:

lmao....

oops, sorry, i sorta went off subject....... yeah i was assuming you had seen my last post in the "port area" thread.....

i was asking if you had one of your older copies of the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook .

however, now that you threw those into the loop, i will have to lok into them as well, i love my kitchen!

but, back onto the audio scene for a sec..... i was wanting you to help keep a eye out for a cheaper copy of the LDC ..... you had mentioned seeing around $20..... or, perhaps if you had one to pass on, then i would be interested in buying it from you...especially if it was scribbled full of ///M5 notes and highlighted areas!! lol

thanks

chop

No notes in mine, but the math isn't very hard for me to understand although remembering some of it is confusing considering I finished Calc 3 by the time I was 17. I have a copy, but only one and will keep it. A library is important for a house IMO. Amazon should have used ones pop up, or ebay. There are regularly used copies for sale.

And no, I didn't see your post. I do read almost every thread, but I don't always revisit every thread. If the noobs would take the time to make them worthwhile in their first post I would though. It is REALLY easy to get me to help, but if you frustrate me with attitude for no reason then you probably won't get any.

And no, I didn't see your post. I do read almost every thread, but I don't always revisit every thread. If the noobs would take the time to make them worthwhile in their first post I would though. It is REALLY easy to get me to help, but if you frustrate me with attitude for no reason then you probably won't get any.

I Already Know!!!

lol

right on bro, i will keep a eye out on the Amazon site and ebay....

i am not sure our teachers had finished Calc in IPS school districts, fail!

I look forward to the entire experiance, the challening parts just as much, if not more, i really want to elavate my overall exsposure in all aspects.

sure it will take a while to absorb, but hey, at least i will have started in the right direction, you know!

We didn't have calc in the school district I was in, I left high school and went to college after my sophmore year.

Who is the author of the cookbook?

You mean the one that isn't a cookbook :P

Vance Dickason

Man i missed the group buy by a couple days. Aaron just credited me the differance. SSA FTW!!!! this place kicks ass

Aaron if you end up reading this, Thank you Sir!! :drink40:

:peepwall:

Hey I've purchased Zapco components for the front and coaxial for the rear.

Is the sax 100d my best option for powering these? They are rated @ 80 rms. You know who extended a sale price to me? Whatcha think? I have also been looking at the cresendo audio

I need help choosing an setting up these. School me please

I think it's easy enough to say that for the proven performance and customer service, if you can swing the bills go for the Sundown....... Crescendo is new, yet to prove themselves (and I'm partial to underdogs) so it's a bit cheaper and a few early reviews mentions its a great amp......... So again.... if you can swing the $$$ for the sundown then go for it, if you need to save the green then try the Crescendo..... That's my best recommendation at this point....

Hello? Where'd everybody go?

Wassappenin! Just wanted to check in and holla at my IAK family....now off to bed :gayhaaay1:

I missed Chucks review what happened? I built a kerfed port box yesterday I highly doubt I'll do it again. I broke it 4 times!

1-66.jpg

1-65.jpg

he say's the sound is on point, the low end he was looking for, there is still some tweaking to be done, the output is really nice now, but we both believe there is still some more to be had.

the box build is less than perfect, chuck was hoping for a show piece, and currently , this is not it.

the box could use another several hours of prep work, repainted, and some additional lights installed.....

the SA-8's are ftw.

his new head unit is super nice as well.....

Hello? Where'd everybody go?

sorry fellas, found some side work to do, then got sick, just a busy week for me, gots my schedule all screwed up.

I'm having issues with this kerfed enclosure I built. I have checked response on several programs and have widely varying tuning.

Box outer dimensions are:

35"x10"x20" = 3.04 gross

port is 5.5 x 8.5 = 46 sq"in

port length is 36.6

Tunning is 45.8

Now I want to make removal able port plug. I can make a drop in plug which narrows

the port to 3" but only for 20" of length. In your experience what effect will this have in tunning?

Calc's for 3" for the full length end up @ 29.5. Should this work as planned.

i have no experiance in useing a port plug...

i would not even begin to know what to exspect from this partial plug design....

will this plug be for the kerfed port?

would the back side if the plug create a dead area, sorta like standing waves?

would the plug have a kerfed shape as well?

i am absolutley useless here, but tunned in as well.

chop