stevemead08

IAK needs an "IHOP"

Heya guys... can anyone figure out what to use 40+ 12v 7Ah batteries for? The company I work for is going through replacing a BUNCH of UPS batteries (procedures require replacing at 4 yrs. regardless of battery condition) and instead of just getting rid of them I'm grabbing all that I can get. Like I said, I have over 40 7Ah (about the size of a motorcycle battery, I used one already in my DRZ works great!), a few C&D 75Ah batts which I think I'm going to use 2 or 3 of them maybe... I dunno yet... Anyway, lemme know if you guys have any ideas.... I'll have some more 75Ah+ size ones here in the next couple of weeks as well.

How much to send 2 or 3 of the C&D 75Ah my way to 93245??? I need battieries really bad... Thanks Alton for the information in advance....

Oh man, I have no idea. Shipping calculator on UPS says it would be about $60 for shipping alone. I've not had a chance to load test these babies or anything yet. Like I said, company procedures state that they're to be replaced every 4 years, some get over-looked on accident. This 4 I have right now are 4 year old C&D Dynasty batteries that still worked good enough for the UPS to pass it's monthly test but I have no idea what they're worth if anything. The next set of batteries are 7 years old, but I'm not sure on the brand or condition yet as they still need pulled out, all I know is that it's passing it's test as well. The little ones are older as well, right at 7 years on them too but they're holding a solid 13v charge after sitting out of the unit for about a month and a half now.

I dunno what I want for anything yet, or if any of them are actually worth selling. Lemme get them all and get them load tested, see how they're holding up and then I'll work on getting them sold. So give me about a week to get everything squared away with them, and like I said about the little ones before, any ideas on what I could do with all of them???

Alright Alton thanks I'll wait to hear back from you... I just need a couple battieries to help keep my voltage up on a stock alty.... :popcorn:

Hey soapbox have you ever done a big3???? Also I have some plans on a new box and would like to know if you have any free time coming up to help me with building the box???? :popcorn:

Edited by thehawk93

Yea I'll have some time. Especially if it's a Friday or a Monday because of furloughs. Yea I have the most of the Big 3. All I have left is to the long run to the back from the battery to the battery. I'm on hold for a few until I get my 4 channel issues resolved. I'll have to ship back the 1000d and then wait for the replacement to get sent back. A friend of mine is going to do the big run and swap out the plug to run the high current signal to the audio control LC6i and run the speaker wires and RCA's all at once. I'll need help setting up the lc6i it has several selections. Setting up the cross overs on the SAX 100.4. If you can do a Monday or a Friday let me know asap because I'll need to make sure to schedule it off.

Ok, let me know when you have time and we can make it happen.... :drink40:

So tonight I put my 15 in my old box.... All I have to say is holy crap I'm running about 650 to 750 rms to it .... The sub seems to be as loud as my old 15 on this small amount of power... I can't wait to upgrade my electrical and do my big 3 and triple the power to 2100 rms and see what this suck can do.... :drink40:

What's up???? Chop you haven't been on for Like a week or more???? :popcorn:

Edited by thehawk93

What's happenin IAK family! Chop has been super busy with the new job and doesn't have much, if any, extra time. He's doing well though since I last saw him. I got to see the 18's first hand and hold them heavy bastards!!!! FTMFW :fing34: I believe rattlebox is in the same situation with lots of work going on.

While I'm here I might as well give an update on my build: box has been bed linered and is back in Mike's hands to clean and repaint the inside of the box along with installing some braces for the ends of the psp ports. Hopfully tuesday I'll be completely done with the enclosure and moving on to the amp rack. We have a couple neat little ideas for the amp rack so we'll be testing some out before final assembly. Mike should be able to get pics up as it is coming along. Later my IAK FAMILY!!

I want to see the braces for the 4" psp's

He took a piece of 3/4" mdf about 5-6" to run down the bottom center and used epoxy to glue it together. Then he put a nail in the piece of wood from under the box into the 3/4" mdf. It seams pretty solid as of right now. I have the enclosure back in the truck now :drink40: I haven't had alot of time tuning yet but these little guys are gonna raise some eyebrows.

Whats the schoop with Steve and the Doh I killed an SA-8?

I got some tuning time in today and gave a couple demos of the 8's :drink40: It was funny to see peoples faces when they see what's makin all the noise.....LOL!

I got some tuning time in today and gave a couple demos of the 8's trink40.gif It was funny to see peoples faces when they see what's makin all the noise.....LOL!

I wish I could get a demo.sad.gif I bet you are real happy with them.smile.gif

If you were in Indy I would be happy to give ya a demo bro :drink40: I'll be keeping an eye on your build too :popcorn:

If you were in Indy I would be happy to give ya a demo bro trink40.gif I'll be keeping an eye on your build too popcorn.gif

If I was any where near Indy I would be Tattooin' you guys. You never know though?smile.gif

Ahhhhh yes! I am actually due for some ink!! I'd love to see and hear your system once it's completed.

Good to hear that Brother Chop is working again. Tell him hi for me.wavey5.gif

Will do brother :drink40: I haven't got to talk too much with him myself but I'm hoping to swing through at some point and give him a demo of my new setup. It's definitely good to know that ol chop is finally receiving a little good luck for a change. His faith has really brought himself and his family through all of it for sure.

Whats the schoop with Steve and the Doh I killed an SA-8?

Well right now im just running one sub in a 1 cuft @32 hz box for temporary beat. jacob says the recones wont be available untill maybe late may. i bought a blown nightshade so im going to rebuild that and bump it untill i get the sa-8s running again. Im going to be building a sub forward box this time for the 8s. cant afford to keep breaking speakers. :peepwall:

Well i decided to start a company and work for myself again. i have a business plan and everything lined up i just cant think of a good name for it. the company will be a construction company. installation mainly. :trippy:

If you were in Indy I would be happy to give ya a demo bro trink40.gif I'll be keeping an eye on your build too popcorn.gif

If I was any where near Indy I would be Tattooin' you guys. You never know though?smile.gif

I might be headed to colorado this summer to see my cousin. I will have to look you up. I havent gotten any ink yet but want to. Might be around 4th of july. Blues Traveler at Red Rocks! WOOO!

So, today I started my big 3 .... This is what I ran into I was looking at my ground and it goes down 8 inches and grounds to the battery pan.. then from there goes down 10 more inches and grounds to the body of the car... this and all is looking to be maybe 8 gauge or 10 gauge wire..... :suicide-santa: So I got it upgraded to o gauge on the ground now and I will be working on the power wire next.... :drink40:

Edited by thehawk93

:peepwall:

mad love too you all!

perhaps a rain out friday will give way to a much needed update.

i have alot to share.

example of my week ; today we started a job that on a resedential property, requires 130 yards of mulch alone!

the family is well. i do indeed miss the 'rest' of my family on here though.

IAK

:lazy: