Hansk

subaru build w/ 2 15" dc

got a new gift in today from knukonceptz.... was gonna replace it with my 4 gauge this weekend but my dumba$$ forgot to buy a fuse and fuse holder for 0 gauge... 25 feet of blue 0 gauge kolossus flex 0 gauge power wire and 10 feet of ground......hope its enough...... the build is slowly coming together ..... i actually couldn't wait and hooked up the subs on this past sunday and they sound freakin amazing.... but then realized than damn in gonna need alot a second skin...hahahah

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

i really cant believe how flexible this wire really is...

First off it's going to be very promising just having those subs. It's hard to mess up too too bad :)

But that enclosure is definitely way too large to be firing back. You are pretty close to sealing your car off except you're firing the wrong way..

If you don't want to build a new box, flip it. You can try flipping the box forward and also spinning it 180 degrees. If you don't, the sound will sound very muffled and dirty :/

who votes i should turn the box around so it will be facing the front?????????

I do only if you do it properly and seal it like a wall kind of, if not just leave it how it is IMO. Or do it and see which one sounds the best to you.

ok..... cause the reason why i ask is cause everybody keeps telling me its facing the wrong way

Well from looking at the size of the enclosure I could agree but with the way pictures are you cant really tell how much room is there. If it sounds good then leave it how it is, or take a better picture standing directly center to show the room or measure it. If you want to turn it around to see how it sounds, do that (this is the best way to tell since its your system and you want/need to know whats the best way to turn it). My only advice is if you do turn it then seal it, if you dont want to go through that then leave it how it is.

Well from looking at the size of the enclosure I could agree but with the way pictures are you cant really tell how much room is there. If it sounds good then leave it how it is, or take a better picture standing directly center to show the room or measure it. If you want to turn it around to see how it sounds, do that (this is the best way to tell since its your system and you want/need to know whats the best way to turn it). My only advice is if you do turn it then seal it, if you dont want to go through that then leave it how it is.

that sounds about good to me........ like i said it wounds really good and there about 6 in or more from top box to ceiling and about a foot or little less on both sides if that helps without exact measurements at the moment

To me that sounds like enough room for air to travel but Im no expert on the number of inches of space you need, I would probably leave it how it is and just blame the lack of space around the enclosure on the picture and angle it was take at.

Keep it firing back! Only advantage in turning it around would be making it a wall!

who votes i should turn the box around so it will be facing the front?????????

I think you will need a new design to gain be front firing ( like a wall ). The box you designed looks like it will work best rear firing.

Look like a good start to your build.

so i turned the box around today to see how it sounded facing the front and i didnt like it at all..... it seemed like i lost half my gain...... so my next step is gonna be putting second skin in the whole trunk...... a lot of stuff is staring to rattle a lot..... anybody recommend anything els besides second skin...... the only product i have had experience with is dynomat...

Any pictures or videos of the install, wanna see this thing in action :captain:

sorry ya i will get get some this weekend i just got done moving so and have had a busy weekend/ week... i need a new amp cause the subs are power hungry and they're not getting all the power that they are even rated for...

im having trouble uploading my video of my system into photobucket...... does it always take forever cause mine keeps failing at like 47% and thats after about 35 minutes bf it fails.....

Any pictures or videos of the install, wanna see this thing in action :captain:

the best part is when my my come out and it like TURN IT OFF....hahahah

cool thanks guys ill keep it the way it is.....

so i turned the box around today to see how it sounded facing the front and i didnt like it at all..... it seemed like i lost half my gain...... so my next step is gonna be putting second skin in the whole trunk...... a lot of stuff is staring to rattle a lot..... anybody recommend anything els besides second skin...... the only product i have had experience with is dynomat...

This made me laugh :lol:

I bet that amp stays cool with all the air from the port :neil:

didi u see my mom come out at the end...hahahahaha that sh*t is funny

didi u see my mom come out at the end...hahahahaha that sh*t is funny

Yeah, i laughed at that too