outhopu

93 Fleetwood Caddy build.

I put another platform on the rear of the baffle to rest on the trunk floor to spread the load over more surface. I used 2 layers on it also.

Picture344.jpg

Picture343.jpg

I also added a couple strips on each side to remove the step and put a routered edge on it. I'll fill the seam before finishing it.

Like the car, always liked that model. Looks like you are a great woodworker. Keep it up.

Nice craftmanship! Keep up the good work!

Like the car, always liked that model. Looks like you are a great woodworker. Keep it up.

Funny thing is woodwork is my weakest point. I have crap tools for doing woodwork. Welding and fabrication are my strong points and my quality tools are geared for that. This is my finest woodwork to date for sure.

Nice craftmanship! Keep up the good work!

Thanks. I hope to get some hours in on it this weekend.

Made the filler panels for sealing and mounting the baffle

Picture349.jpg

Picture347.jpg

Now I need to sort out how to securely bolt this all in to get the strength back from cutting the metal out.

I have to say YOU did a GREAT job on the wood work and design. You make any woodworker PROUD.trink40.gif

Thanks. I'm real pleased with the rear deck but I will be doing something different on the doors. They just look hokey compared to the reardeck now. Buying the router and making the circle jig made all the difference in being able to make it sexy.

Thanks. I'm real pleased with the rear deck but I will be doing something different on the doors. They just look hokey compared to the reardeck now. Buying the router and making the circle jig made all the difference in being able to make it sexy.

You are only as good as your tools. Keep up the good work.

Started doing the bracing.

2x2x3/16" angle.

Picture351.jpg

I bolted it in to hold it in place then tied into the trunk hinge are by welding it. I then did some stitch welds along the edges to keep the pieces from rattling.

Picture354.jpg

I've got more to do. At least now everybody can stop worring about the flimsy sheetmetal thats missing.

Edited by outhopu

Excellent build. I can't wait to hear you impression on the sound. I dig the car. Clean and classy. :fing34:

Excellent build. I can't wait to hear you impression on the sound. I dig the car. Clean and classy. :fing34:

I've always liked this ride. It's not super flashy but still turns a lot of heads. I'm busting ass on the audio so I can get onto redoing the hydraulic set up. Once all the batteries and pumps are installed there's no way of getting in the trunk to work.

Made a couple more brackets for mounting the top to the body.

Used some 3"x3/16" flatbar. It will get welded in later.

Picture356.jpg

Picture359.jpg

The rear mount.

Picture360.jpg

Again excellent work. :fing34: What are your plans on finishing the mdf with? Are you going to paint it or upholster it?

Again excellent work. :fing34: What are your plans on finishing the mdf with? Are you going to paint it or upholster it?

I will paint the under/back side. The top I'm still undecided on. I need to go to the fabric store to see if I can find material to either match the carpet or headliner. If I can find a good match I will cover the top and front with that. I have a couple different ideas for the trim piece that goes on top so thats in the air still.

Looks great man!! I cant wait to see it finished!!

I test fit the rear seat back before removing the baffle board. Fits nice, the seat still sits higher than the board.

Picture362.jpg

Installed T nuts for subs and bolted the brackets on.

Picture363.jpg

Used T nuts on the bracket mounts also. I recessed the area with the router and cut the bolts flush so I can cover them with filler.

Picture364.jpg

Started with the filler.

Picture366.jpg

Did some more bracing while the filler was setting up. More 2x2x3/16" angle with a 3x4x3/16" foot. The foot rests on the boxed section of the body for strength.

Picture367.jpg

Picture368.jpg

Just have a couple small tabs to weld on and the bracing is done, then onto finishing the board.

I welded the last pieces of the bracing in tonight.

These tabs ties all the bracing and baffle board together None of the sheetmetal bears any load of the subs now. Plus the baffle board being bolted in will give strength to the beltline of the body again.

Picture-1.jpg

Now to decide how I want to cover the MDF.

Thanks for all the positive responce. I'm busting ass on this thing so the pics will keep coming for now.

Edited by outhopu

I welded the last pieces of the bracing in tonight.

These tabs ties all the bracing and baffle board together None of the sheetmetal bears any load of the subs now. Plus the baffle board being bolted in will give strength to the beltline of the body again.

Picture-1.jpg

Now to decide how I want to cover the MDF.

Thanks for all the positive responce. I'm busting ass on this thing so the pics will keep coming for now.

Dude!! Amazing work!! you are a boss nigga, swangin THE caddy. Really this is the best build ive seen in the longest time. Bad ass work man keep busting ass!!

nice work, I like this build. Cant wait to see the finish product and the trunk flex!

nice work, I like this build. Cant wait to see the finish product and the trunk flex!

I'm going to do a lot of work on the body to keep flex and rattles to a minimum.

Thanks again fellas.

I found some bootleg suede that is almost a perfect match to the headliner and rear pillar material. So I decided to give it a try. I started with the trim bezel for the subs since it seemed like it was going to give me the most headaches.

First I had to sort out how to fasten the bezel before covering it. I used T nuts again with a recessed pocket via the router. Then used filler over them. I taped over them to keep filler from getting in the threads. I'm going to just use a few screws at the ends since the wood is too thin to use the T nuts.

Picture372.jpg

Filler sanded and ready to be covered.

Picture374.jpg

This was not easy to get it all to lay down smooth and wrinkle free with all the curves and routered edges. It came out real nice though. Especially considering I've never really done it before.

Picture375.jpg

Picture379.jpg

Nice and smooth even on the round ends.

Picture377.jpg

I'm thinking I'll do the same to the face and top and just do a textured paint on the back side.

Edited by outhopu