CadillacMatt

Official 2010 SSA Texas Meet

Hey guys,

There seems to be some really big interest in a Texas meet-up this year I see from the responses you all have been posting! Many of you turned up last year in San Marcos and we all had a great time (aside from it being 300 degrees outside... lol!)

But anywho, the purpose of this thread is first and foremost to see who all would be interested in meeting up this year... anyone from our San Antonio/Austin area, to the DFW area, out to Houston, and anywhere in between! Last year we had a little difficulty finding a spot, but Big Jon eventually took us out to an empty field where we were free to hang out for a few hours and get metered (his buddy has an audio shop we were hanging out at, but the sheriff ended up coming by and kicking us out due to a noise complaint :ehh: )

And secondly, we need to discuss date and location. Will probably need Jon's help again with this if he is able.

Had a great time with you all last year and would love to do it again... please post your thoughts, comments, suggestions etc. !!!

So, without further ado.... I officially announce...

ssatexas.jpg

Let the games begin!!

:dance:

Even if my system isnt running Im down, will bring my cousin with me more than likely. Count me in unless unforseen circumstances hold me back. :captain:

Doing it big in Tex again!!! good job man!!

I'm ready whenever. Is that field still a solid spot? I'll probably have a few friends ride with me for this one. Show them what car audio is really about.

im down and i'll post this over at smd and see who wants to come over there

we going to have it in san marcos again or is it still a toss up?

Mainly because that's where the TermLab is. The way I see it, he already shelled out all the cash for the testing equipment, might as well give him a break on the driving. I hope going to San Marcos doesn't deter you Houston people! ...we'll have punch... and pie... maybe.

Mainly because that's where the TermLab is. The way I see it, he already shelled out all the cash for the testing equipment, might as well give him a break on the driving. I hope going to San Marcos doesn't deter you Houston people! ...we'll have punch... and pie... maybe.

If by punch you mean caseloads of beer and by pie you mean BBQ then I am certainly down for that :popcorn:

lol, yeah last year was fun, this year we should bring some tables and chairs and some ez-ups and we'll be set

i am differently down! i plan on buying on of the new russian meters this month everything about it is very similar to the term lab and has been proven that is it no more than .1 db off from the TL

If by punch you mean caseloads of beer and by pie you mean BBQ then I am certainly down for that :popcorn:

You figured me out. Hopefully we can get a legit spot and it should turn out to be a pretty badass meet.

i am differently down! i plan on buying on of the new russian meters this month everything about it is very similar to the term lab and has been proven that is it no more than .1 db off from the TL

Funny you should mention that man Hugo was talking about that same exact thing this past weekend :fing34:

Funny you should mention that man Hugo was talking about that same exact thing this past weekend :fing34:

Holy smokes, everytime I look this planet is getting smaller and smaller. :P

I'm interested would def make the trip to see some of ya'lls setups. Hopefully help me figure out what I'm going to build. Name the date and time and I'm there with a smile.

OK so we have a few votes of confidence here, now does anyone have any foreseeable circumstances in the next few months so that we can set a date? I'm thinking May or June would be prime... definitely a Saturday or Sunday, with the weather monitored closely to ensure that nothing rains on our car audio parade :P

OK so we have a few votes of confidence here, now does anyone have any foreseeable circumstances in the next few months so that we can set a date? I'm thinking May or June would be prime... definitely a Saturday or Sunday, with the weather monitored closely to ensure that nothing rains on our car audio parade :P

May sounds good to me. I probably have finals around the end of April/May but I don't care. I'm only taking one class this semester so it's not like I have 50 different things to study. Perhaps we could meet before kids get out of highschool. Should cut down on any summer vacation traffic we could encounter.

How much are those russian meters?

IIRC, around $250-300 plus shipping from Russia. Still a lot cheaper than a TL.

IIRC, around $250-300 plus shipping from Russia. Still a lot cheaper than a TL.

from-russia-with-love.jpg

sometime before it gets 100+F

may is good for me, june will be a toss up though