CadillacMatt

Official 2010 SSA Texas Meet

i will bring some burger meat and some cheese :)

I'll take care of all that. If you can bring some bottled water that'd be great.

I will bring some kind of bottle water or soda, but i dont have room for a cooler in my car so if someone could bring some coolers with ice that would be great!

Hey yall I have a question about the subsonic filter on my amp. on the alpine website it says the subsonic filter is "fixed" to 15hz.

I plan on getting my subwoofer box tuned to around 33hz. What do I need to do to prevent my subwoofer from bottoming out? Get a inline crossover for the amp? or just stick it out until I get a better amp with a subsonic filter on it?

@ monte. ill for sure bring the grill and even make sure it has gas. its a four burner anout 36 inch grill top. not huge but should fit plenty of meat on it. :drink40:

Hey yall I have a question about the subsonic filter on my amp. on the alpine website it says the subsonic filter is "fixed" to 15hz.

I plan on getting my subwoofer box tuned to around 33hz. What do I need to do to prevent my subwoofer from bottoming out? Get a inline crossover for the amp? or just stick it out until I get a better amp with a subsonic filter on it?

Buy a sundown. lol

just be careful with the gains and volume.

@ monte. ill for sure bring the grill and even make sure it has gas. its a four burner anout 36 inch grill top. not huge but should fit plenty of meat on it. :drink40:

Sweet, we're on. :fing34:

If i could get an address and a time so i can give it to the guys on Team Tex-Flex over on SMD that would be great :) and its on the May 23rd correct?

I'll bring some beer! :drink40:

But of course half yall already knew that :P

I'm bringing a designated driver.

i will bring some burger meat and some cheese :)

I'll take care of all that. If you can bring some bottled water that'd be great.

I will bring some kind of bottle water or soda, but i dont have room for a cooler in my car so if someone could bring some coolers with ice that would be great!

ill take a cooler with some ice

HOUSTON GUYS/GIRLS (if any)

last year we met up at katy mills mall and we all convoyed out there just throwin it out there if everyone wanted to meet up and cruise together.

Let me know date and time and I will go.

awww I read the title and got excited, then I read the thread and got a little depressed.

We need something around DFW, for those of us who can't really drive that far.

can i please get an address for where we are meeting and what time we will be meeting there please.

Since it is in May, wont be able to make it unless a miracle happens (got some things to get done on the car besides system wise). Dont have to much fun without me :drink40:

i went today to home depot and spent 100 bucks :drink40: wood and wood rods and glue and they even cut it for me.

the cuts are real measure but my really smart self added 2 inches to the sides of the box :suicide-santa: so that means

i need to cut off that extra inches hopefully i dont screw it :bull:

i still need to put it together but do i only use glue or nails too i dont have those clamps to hold it.

i forgot the sonotube there too lol for the port

so my box is 58x24L26H its 18cf without displacement and im doing 2 8" sonotubes so it

should leave me to around 15cf after displacement :ohnoes9: tune to 30hz.

hopefully i can do hairtricks :noob:

Edited by XxedgarxX

Use WOOD screws from Home Depot or Lowes. You can buy a pack of them for a few bucks. Since you have no clamps, it will be tough to do it with just glue. I pre-drilled holes for the screws so when i slapped the glue on I could drill them right in smoothly. Only use about 1 screw every 6 inches or so because they have a tendency to split wood. So when you put them too close they just crack the shit out of your MDF. Remember, the wood glue is your main bonding agent here, the screws are really just there to hold it in place during the drying process.

Use WOOD screws from Home Depot or Lowes. You can buy a pack of them for a few bucks. Since you have no clamps, it will be tough to do it with just glue. I pre-drilled holes for the screws so when i slapped the glue on I could drill them right in smoothly. Only use about 1 screw every 6 inches or so because they have a tendency to split wood. So when you put them too close they just crack the shit out of your MDF. Remember, the wood glue is your main bonding agent here, the screws are really just there to hold it in place during the drying process.

thanks i will use wood screws i have some here and they should be enough

Since it is in May, wont be able to make it unless a miracle happens (got some things to get done on the car besides system wise). Dont have to much fun without me :drink40:

Bummer, it would have been nice to have met you in person. If things do come through, come down and join us.

can i please get an address for where we are meeting and what time we will be meeting there please.

I'm thinking we can meet at the corner of Thorpe Ln and Springwood, in San Marcos around 11:00am. Sorry I don't have an exact address. You can mapquest from your address to Thorpe Ln in San Marcos Tx and get good directions. After everyone gets a quick intro and we all shake hands we can move on the open field next to the Hays County Civic Center 1249 Civic Center Loop, San Marcos, TX 78666. There we can play our stereos and grill.

Chime in if this doesn't work for any of you planning on coming out.

Smd people don't like me cus they think I'm a poser. This should be fun

Bummer, it would have been nice to have met you in person. If things do come through, come down and join us.

Yeah I definitely wanted to meet you guys and get to hear some systems. I will be working on the car audio side and getting things done, I even have a temporary sub setup coming. Just getting things together and feel as though I rather get some maintenance on the car before I take a trip. When I do come I have a buddy who will drive his car with me since I did his system recently and he is very impressed with it.

i got booted off there in like 2 minutes. i guess two guys cant have the same name in car audio. :ohnoes9:

I'm thinking we can meet at the corner of Thorpe Ln and Springwood, in San Marcos around 11:00am. Sorry I don't have an exact address. You can mapquest from your address to Thorpe Ln in San Marcos Tx and get good directions. After everyone gets a quick intro and we all shake hands we can move on the open field next to the Hays County Civic Center 1249 Civic Center Loop, San Marcos, TX 78666. There we can play our stereos and grill.

Chime in if this doesn't work for any of you planning on coming out.

badass i will probably stay for a couple hours then i am going to the USACi show in san antonio :)

anyone bringing there girl with them?