Aaron Clinton

Car's that make you want to buy a poster like you used to as a kid

Whoever painted that chevy truck has alot of talent. Unfortunately he wasn't blessed with any taste. Just because you can paint everything, doesn't mean you should.

I agree that that GMC is very well done, and I acknowledge that it took a shitload of skill, but in my opinion, that is incredibly ugly...

I like the SLS, and I usually don't like Mercs very much. The Ariel Atom is awesome too.

I agree that that GMC is very well done, and I acknowledge that it took a shitload of skill, but in my opinion, that is incredibly ugly...

You said that nicer than I did, but IMO skill and effort aren't worth shit unless you apply to something worthwhile. The truck to begin with was a major fail, yes I know I have one, and the modifications are absurd and a huge waste of money.

Any TVR in general. My favorite cars. This one is just for kicks - TVR Cerbera Speed 12

1998-tvr-cerbera-speed-12-13w.jpg

Looks like a European interpretation of the early Dodge Vipers.

Super light weight, spartan features, and rough running high powered V8's.

V12. :fing34:

I was going to say, I thought those had V-12s in them. The Speed-6s and Speed-12s are on the Gran Turismo game I have, perhaps a bit surprising for how rare they are.

I think I read somewhere online about the move towards European crash standards in many cars recently. That means a lot of newer cars are going to have flatter and higher noses, in an attempt to push a pedestrian in stead of wiping the legs out and slamming into the front glass. At least the tests show the high flat nose's are less dangerous in low speed hits.

Now back to the topic:

That kinda contradicts the move towards higher fuel efficiency, doesn't it?

You said that nicer than I did, but IMO skill and effort aren't worth shit unless you apply to something worthwhile. The truck to begin with was a major fail, yes I know I have one, and the modifications are absurd and a huge waste of money.

Good thing you're not driving it huh

I think I read somewhere online about the move towards European crash standards in many cars recently. That means a lot of newer cars are going to have flatter and higher noses, in an attempt to push a pedestrian in stead of wiping the legs out and slamming into the front glass. At least the tests show the high flat nose's are less dangerous in low speed hits.

Now back to the topic:

Good to know I stand a fair chance of surviving if hit by a Rolls-Royce Phantom

The front end absolutely kills it for me. So damn ugly. It's a butter face.

I agree. It's got the grill of an old gullwing, which I think looks dumb

26585_388572766669_6604386669_3939488_1360779_n.jpg

gullwing.jpg

If that's what they were trying for, then they succeeded...

Blasphemy, nothing from a 300SL looks dumb. :P

Aaron, you beat me to it with the pics. Saw them a few mins ago on Yahoo and wanted to post them.

:gayhaaay1:

Now back to the topic:

That kinda contradicts the move towards higher fuel efficiency, doesn't it?

Yes, but safety standards over the years have made cars more and more heavy, now it is less and less aerodynamic. One party does not care about the fuel consumption if your car is less dangerous.

The challenge is for the automotive engineers to meld the two successfully.

This is the car I had posters of. I would still LOVE to own one.wub.gif

Lamborghini_Countach_LP500S.jpg

Any TVR in general. My favorite cars. This one is just for kicks - TVR Cerbera Speed 12

1998-tvr-cerbera-speed-12-13w.jpg

Looks like a European interpretation of the early Dodge Vipers.

Super light weight, spartan features, and rough running high powered V8's.

V12. :fing34:

I was going to say, I thought those had V-12s in them. The Speed-6s and Speed-12s are on the Gran Turismo game I have, perhaps a bit surprising for how rare they are.

The Cerberras have a 4.6 and 4.2 V8, and the later ones moved to the TVR made inline-6.

The speed 12 has a NA v12 that makes 800+bhp. Thats with no power additives, which is virtually unmatchable.

Lotus 7 kits. This one is a Caterham.

2007-caterham-x330-concep-1-1_1280x0w.jpg

Ultima GTR. Current record holder for the 0-100-0 time.

gtr29.jpg

That Ultma is awesome. :)

Indeed it is. Too bad they put the steering wheel on the wrong side! I can't shift with my left hand!

Indeed it is. Too bad they put the steering wheel on the wrong side! I can't shift with my left hand!

It's not very hard once you get used to it. I have a few right hand drive vehicles at my house.

All time favorite looking cars from my youth?

ford 32

or

ford 37

Of course I loved the Diablo, but I was also into Supra's and late 60's early 70's muscle. Mach 1's. Boss mustangs.

55-57 Chevy's are classic beauties! I love the 59 Biscayne about as much also.

However, this is by far the sexiest vehicle I have EVER laid eyes on.

alfa.jpg

Ryan, I did not know you liked Italian ladies. :)

The F1 LM ranks up there with the SLS for me.

Article441_McLaren_F1_LM-1.jpg

Ryan, I did not know you liked Italian ladies. :)

Of course I do! The Prancing Horse and the Raging Bull are my dreams, but of course, I can only afford a pony. I have a fondness in my heart for the older Alfas too, but the new(er) C8 is just beautiful.

I also had Aston pron on my walls. Vantage and vanquish.

The v12 Vantage would be on my wall today I bet. I thought I would throw one up here. I'm in love... A bit like the SL though it's so over the top it's almost wrong... but I still love it.

aston-martin-one-77-official-002_100196330_l.jpg