castimar

rock fosgate t2500 vs sundown SAZ-3500D

Dont really know what amp to buy im bearly gona start building and was wondering if i should go with the rockfosgate t2500 or sundown SAZ-3500d money not a problem , oh and im going to be running one 15 fi btl havent bought it nether nor sure if to get 1 ohm or 2 ohm some body please help me.

first of all welcome to the forum! this is one of the best forums to learn from!

now first let me ask you some question!

1. is this system going to be for comps? or just a daily system to wow the women,

2. what vehicle is this all going into?

3. how much do you PLAN to spend

and we can go from there!

SAZ-3500, That's not even really a fair comparison.

Now if you had said like T4k VS SAZ-3500. Would have been better.

first of all welcome to the forum! this is one of the best forums to learn from!

1. is this system going to be for comps? or just a daily system to wow the women,

Yes...these are all good starting points^^^^^ I'll go ahead and say now that the 3500 is your best bet....love mine! Also though which one can be had cheaper?

considering he siad money isn't a factor I would say go with the saz3500 for a few reasons

1. customer support

2. reliability

3. you can talk to the owner direcly and get experiened help

4. in the event something happens to the amp you could get a free one with-in a week (knock on wood)

5. sundown all day all the time! lol!

6. sundown is the best bang for your buck for reliability

7. please view these threads to see what the saz3500 can do.

Uniform Amp Clamp Test - SSA Car Audio Forum

AMPLIFIER POWER TESTING - SSA Car Audio Forum

Testing all the SAZ amps - SSA Car Audio Forum

SAZ-3500D / AQ-3500D Side-By-Side - SSA Car Audio Forum

please understnad and ask ALL questions as needed regarding the amp and or setup related!

LOL! After all these years, I never knew Fosgate was unreliable flea market stuff with no customer or technical support.

Get the one that costs less. You will need it for your electrical.

LOL! After all these years, I never knew Fosgate was unreliable flea market stuff with no customer or technical support.

I'm willing to bet money it will be the Sundown

I'm willing to bet money it will be the Sundown

You would be betting with yourself bro.

I never said Fosgate wasnt overpriced. That is no secret.

I love budget amps (obviously), but Fosgate is good shit. That is from personal experience.

i retract my statement I have yet to find a satisfied customer in my little world!

I am glad to hear your review sir-lancelot!

I was mearly gooding off what what other ppl have told me regarding these amps, that and they are power hungry.

other then that i have never delt with one i am a sundown kind a guy all the way!

as for pricing i haven't looked into the RF.

also keep in mind the amp will be suited for the setup and setup goals! and since his budget is unlimited lol!

i retract my statement I have yet to find a satisfied customer in my little world!

I am glad to hear your review sir-lancelot!

I was mearly gooding off what what other ppl have told me regarding these amps, that and they are power hungry.

other then that i have never delt with one i am a sundown kind a guy all the way!

as for pricing i haven't looked into the RF.

also keep in mind the amp will be suited for the setup and setup goals! and since his budget is unlimited lol!

You have a good amp! Sundown is good shit!

:drink40:

They are both great amps will both do rated its just how much electrical work your gonna wanna do to support them. Ive never owned sundown but only heard good things from them. I own a RF amp and it works good and has been for a while. Its really up to you and how far you wanna go. How important is customer service to you?

aq3500? ap aqx 3500? :D a rf 2500 vs sd 3500 isn't a good comparison at all.

You're on the Sundown forum!!!

What answers do you think you will get ? Sundown FTW !!!

There is a new amp coming "soon" : the saz 2500. It can compare better to the RF 2500.

Are you sure you need that much power for a single BTL ? Are you going to compete ?

A Sundown saz 2000 can be enough for a BTL, but I think it's discontinued.peepwall.gif

the 2000's are discontinued and replace with the 2500 but i am sure there are ppl who have them and wnat to sell them so they can get the 2500's

also keep in mind the 1500 woudl also be enough seeing that on the correct electical it can put out what 1970rms? or even the sae1200v1/v2 lol ample amouts of power!

but like i said earlier it all depends on your GOALS and how far you want to go!

Uniform Amp Clamp Test - SSA Car Audio Forum

thanks for the help well i dont have a plan to spend I AM A just buy lil by lil but i dont wana buy anything cheap u kno wut im saying. I AM A do it on an 03 cavalier

03 cavy nice!! and I get you! I am a similar way buy some now and buy some more later!

but for those 2 amps get the sundown for sure!

03 cavy nice!! and I get you! I am a similar way buy some now and buy some more later!

but for those 2 amps get the sundown for sure!

Yea the thing is that i like the rockford design better but dont think it will bring one 15 fi btl to a lil over full power

? why not? 2500k is a lot of power and you will need a secondary battery plus the big 3 upgrade just to keep your voltage up to snuff!

hey if you do the install right and seal off the back seat from the trunk you wil get nice results!

here check out my buddies build log in his cavy i believe his is older then yours!

1997 Cavalier Install Timeline 2005 - 2009 (4 installs)

? why not? 2500k is a lot of power and you will need a secondary battery plus the big 3 upgrade just to keep your voltage up to snuff!

hey if you do the install right and seal off the back seat from the trunk you wil get nice results!

here check out my buddies build log in his cavy i believe his is older then yours!

1997 Cavalier Install Timeline 2005 - 2009 (4 installs)

Dam his is nice must took lots of time money and dedication yea i might do something like that thanks for all the help and advice

n/p and it took him a good 3days for the total install and a bunch of idea's lol!!

and if you need help i can help you out as best i can!

I'm a fan of RF, if money isn't a problem, as you say, then I would go with the T2500, two of them BDsynced. Get another BTL while your at it. :popcorn:

1500 watts is enough for a BTL, 2000 watts is enough for a BTL, 2500 watts is enough for a BTL. It will depend on listening habits, goals (competing or daily), enclosure size and so on.

If you think it needs 2500 to get to full power or reach its intended output your not going about this right so give more information and we can help you better. Also make sure your budgeting some money to upgrade your electrical as well, it can be done just depends on a lot of factors.