I've been tryin to read up as much info as I can for the xcon and bl so I can compare etc.. I'm gnna be runnin a single 15"(bl or xcon) powered by an saz1500 in a Pontiac grand am.. So any suggestions or opinions of why I shuld choose one brand over the other i'd greatly appreciate it

I had 1 of both. 18's though off the same power. I prefered the xcon over the bl. It got much lower hit much more accurately and overall sounded better. You'll be happy with either product as both companies are great, but xcon>bl imo. ;)

You need to be comparing the BTL to the XCON. The xcon has twice the excursion that the BL has.

I had 1 of both. 18's though off the same power. I prefered the xcon over the bl. It got much lower hit much more accurately and overall sounded better. You'll be happy with either product as both companies are great, but xcon>bl imo. ;)

The Xcon is more of SQ subwoofer with great output.

The BL is more of an all around ground pounder.

Both are great subwoofers, the BL is slightly cheaper, and overall great.

I owned the 15" BL and enjoyed it on 1500 watts from my Saz-3000d.

It is a toss up, but for an overall daily, ground pounder the BL and Xcon are great.

The Xcons are awesome in lower tuned enclosures, and BL's get loud from 30-35hz

Xcons can be sealed, BL's cannot. the Xcons like Sealed: 2.0 - 2.25 cu.ft, Sealed: 2.75 - 3.0 cu.ft. optimal, Ported: 3.0 - 3.25 cu.ft. @ 26-33 hz, Ported: 4.0 cu.ft. @ 26-33hz opt.

For the Bl Ported box we recommend using 2.8-4 cubic feet @ 28-37Hz.

Well the BTL and the BL are in a different design goal then the Xcon. The easy way we try to explain it is:

The BTL/BL are brutally loud sub woofers that can sound great, the Xcon is an SQ sub woofer that can get very loud. Hope that helps.

Well the BTL and the BL are in a different design goal then the Xcon. The easy way we try to explain it is:

The BTL/BL are brutally loud sub woofers that can sound great, the Xcon is an SQ sub woofer that can get very loud. Hope that helps.

Straight from the horse's mouth ^^

BTL = peaky and doesn't drop worth beans but great for spl or just plain loud....models terribly on the graph

Xcon = flatter response ,drops lower and has much better note seperation and tone definition

.....less DB output than the BTL but much more musical...models really nice on the graph

ive never heard a XCON, been wanting too real bad though.. but thumpper has hit it right on the head i think... described what my BTL sounds like. Real peaky. and its not too musical to my ears what so ever. But damn its loud and pushes alot of air lol. Maybe i need to get an Xcon 18 and compare :D

If there is a flatter, more musical sub that gets louder then the xcons I want to hear my next subwoofers.

Until that day comes, the xcons are fucking badass and I am very pleased with mine! :drink40:

They are insane on the lows!

If there is a flatter, more musical sub that gets louder then the xcons I want to hear my next subwoofers.

Until that day comes, the xcons are pucking badass and I am very pleased with mine! :drink40:

They are insane on the lows!

I loved mine. It was the best sounding sub that got real loud. I almost reconed it and bought another and just walled my jimmy off but I didn't want a permanent box in my car lol. I actually just sold it to a buddy and he just bought another one (18's) and I guess I get to build a box for them haha.

Alright I wanna say thanks to everyone for the opinions and suggestions..much appreciated..I think I'm gonna go with the xcon ;)

Alright I wanna say thanks to everyone for the opinions and suggestions..much appreciated..I think I'm gonna go with the xcon ;)

Great choice !

Congratulations, and post some pics of your install, please.

:) :)

Good choice, and like mentioned above post up some build pics.

BTL = peaky and doesn't drop worth beans but great for spl or just plain loud....models terribly on the graph

Xcon = flatter response ,drops lower and has much better note seperation and tone definition

.....less DB output than the BTL but much more musical...models really nice on the graph

So whats the enclosure and tuning for Xcon 12" to have the flattest response? I really want to listen to rap/rnb and techno/trance music so I am looking for a sub that can have a flattest response.

shoot for the optimal ported specs provided by ssa. They know better then anyone. They also already have some box designs up in the tech section on the home page.