djteks

how much power can i throw at at fully loaded BL 12???

how many watts could i get away with on a bl 12 without killing the sub????

i know this question has quite a few what if's...but more or less i mean..in the best conditions....how many watts can one of these things take??

Really hard to say as it is install dependent and how smart the end user is with the volume control.

Just stick to what Fi recommends and you should be safe.

Check out the Technical section under the Fi forum.

1 billion if you know what your doing.

one billion!!!!....puts pinky to lip******

1 billion if you know what your doing.

the smaller the enclosure the more wattage you can put on the subwoofer.

yes true....but more or less...i was looking to see other bl 12 owners and what the max they have put on them is....

so far they seem to be runing fine on a crescendo 3k.....but i have my gain set to 50% and the amp could give so much more...i'd llike to see the bl's take it im not going to lie...

but im not willing to risk them....until i know if they can take the amp on full tilt....i mean i did pay for the options to they would take more power....so the rms should be above 1000 right???

the smaller the enclosure the more wattage you can put on the subwoofer.

true....but i have a good grasp of car audio subs amps ect....they are in a big box but it is within the bl 12 specs....and i try to run clean power no clipping...

1 watt if you're a retard.

if you have a "good grasp" you should know how to test how much power your subs can take in the enclosure you have it in... :peepwall:

AND that other people's numbers will be different than yours. depending on their box/install/upgrades they have on their sub(s)/electrical/daily use/yada yada

I'd say........ 500 less then what your planning on. :)

Check my SIG!!!!!!!

true....but i have a good grasp of car audio subs amps ect....they are in a big box but it is within the bl 12 specs....and i try to run clean power no clipping...

1 watt if you're a retard.

That is completely different than what I got from your earlier post. Read up what a gain knob is for.

i have mine running fine for the box they are in.........what im asking is this what is the most watts people have heard of or seen the bl 12 take.......i know for a fact that even in the best case senario this is a point these subs will reach their mechanical limit and fail.....its hard for me to belive that FI or a at least a FI owner has not tried to push the to the absolute limit

if you have a "good grasp" you should know how to test how much power your subs can take in the enclosure you have it in... :peepwall:

AND that other people's numbers will be different than yours. depending on their box/install/upgrades they have on their sub(s)/electrical/daily use/yada yada

for burping i've seen 3K+ in a smaller box

3k on a single sub or on 2?

and do you have any idea of what db. they hit?

for burping i've seen 3K+ in a smaller box

its all based on the install when it comes to what they hit, and it was on a single woofer.

Whats really the point? Probably as much as you want, till you smoke it.

I think Fi already answered that with their rms rating. Im pretty sure they have the most optimum conditions possible for testing their drivers.

thats damn good...i was thinking 2500ish max

its all based on the install when it comes to what they hit, and it was on a single woofer.

thats damn good...i was thinking 2500ish max

Remember this was a tone, not music most high grade woofers can handle a lot more power.. But burping only

Short term burps vs daily music is quite different! Tone vs dynamic! I would say in a burp application maybe twice the rated rms and on music stay within what Fi recommends. But it really is a hard question to answer as all installs differ greatly.

Seriously, I have read about people blowing their SSDs with 500 watts when I have put 1500 watts on the SSD daily without problems. Its all install and up to the user. If you have to ask how much power a sub can take, you shouldn't go over the rms rating.

Seriously, I have read about people blowing their SSDs with 500 watts when I have put 1500 watts on the SSD daily without problems. Its all install and up to the user. If you have to ask how much power a sub can take, you shouldn't go over the rms rating.

^ This ^ X2

Depends on the loose nut behind the controls...speakers are stupid and do what you tell them to do.

Having your gain at "50%" means absolutely nothing.

50% and a 5v deck..would mean that you are clipping the immortal hell out of it...

Yup, OP has no idea what a gain knob is. Its not a volume knob.

50% and a 5v deck..would mean that you are clipping the immortal hell out of it...

This, What do you mean with having the gains on 50%?

This, What do you mean with having the gains on 50%?

turning the knob half way to max- 50%