Maddenkid2011

Look what USPS gave me!

A fucked BL!!!

102_2481.jpg

102_2482.jpg

How should i go about this? Ive never had to deal with broken shit with usps before

Edited by Maddenkid2011

Good Jesus how the hell did that happen? How was the packaging? If it was Fi's packing and this happened then USPS must have done something really weird.

ahhhh damn dude sorry for your loss...your best bet would be contact FI and let them know what happened and even possibly contact usps and tell them what happened, usually they deny it but you never know until u try. and next time when it arrives open the box and check it before you sign so they cant say you did it after they left

On man that sucks! Fi packing on my 2 ssd 12's was great! I'm sure some jackass just dropped it or was tossing it instead of placing it. I'd contact Nick and see what he says. Nick"at"ficaraudio.com

Edited by Teampapi79

damn dude, like wtf ... i just ordered my BL i hope it doesn't come like that...

put some pics of the packaging

I bought it from Joseph K. on these forums. This is the BL 10" from the F/S section.

He packaged it like a pro, its not his fault. He used the original Fi box and all the original styrofoam and everything. USPS just fuckin dropped it. The box has marks on all the corners and everything.

Im thinking that since this sub weighs alot, all it took was some clumsy ass hole droppin it to crack the basket.

I just got back from the Post Office and now they want me to send in a claim and it could take 2-4 weeks and some other shit. Im so mad right now. They were tellin me too send it back to the original owner and make him take care of it. That would cost another $30 dollars and they wont even cover it for me. B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

I was just about to go and buy my amp to but now idk what else im gonna have to spend my money on.

Now, this is a very desperate question, but my dad owns a plumbing company....could one of his guys weld the basket? it is just brushed aluminum right?

Fi ships through UPS, i believe.

Yes they do. They shipped through UPS when I ordered my BTL.

Edited by rodney

I bought it from Joseph K. on these forums. This is the BL 10" from the F/S section.

He packaged it like a pro, its not his fault. He used the original Fi box and all the original styrofoam and everything. USPS just fuckin dropped it. The box has marks on all the corners and everything.

Im thinking that since this sub weighs alot, all it took was some clumsy ass hole droppin it to crack the basket.

I just got back from the Post Office and now they want me to send in a claim and it could take 2-4 weeks and some other shit. Im so mad right now. They were tellin me too send it back to the original owner and make him take care of it. That would cost another $30 dollars and they wont even cover it for me. B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

I was just about to go and buy my amp to but now idk what else im gonna have to spend my money on.

Now, this is a very desperate question, but my dad owns a plumbing company....could one of his guys weld the basket? it is just brushed aluminum right?

Yeah. I would never ship through USPS. They give zero customer service and don't give a shit about their job.

I'm sure you can weld it, although I've never done it. But that basket is FUCKED. It might be subject to cracking again.

Im afraid to weld it because if i fix the basket, i still dont know how good the seal is on the cone.....

Im sure i could just reglue the cone around the welded part but idkkk

Can i buy a new basket from FI?

Im also wondering about the internals if they're all still good.

What would be the best way to find out if the baskets the only problem, not any of the stuff inside?

Should i just hook it up free air to a buddys car and see if it works?

dude, just screw it down in your box. i bet it'd be okay

dude, just screw it down in your box. i bet it'd be okay

Looking at the mess it seems that around 3 of the spokes wouldnt even be attached to the box so if I was to just screw it in im not sure if it would be able to withstand the beating it would give itself.

Edited by Maddenkid2011

I would have kicked someone in the face by now. That's some :bull: .

I think a new basket and recone would be the best route for this. Use the money you should get from the USPS claim to repay the cost of the basket and recone, and have a little leftover maybe.

If nothing else, even though it would suck having to spend more money on it, it would be worth repairing with a new basket and recone regardless of the outcome of the claim with USPS.

I shudda busted the post office guys face with the magnet when i was there...

They were so inconsiderate about it too, that just made everything worse.

I think a new basket and recone would be the best route for this. Use the money you should get from the USPS claim to repay the cost of the basket and recone, and have a little leftover maybe.

The recone is brand new on this sub already but im thinking that if i weld the basket a little and screw it down good then i should be fine. The only problem im seeing is that the top ring of the basket doesnt fit perfect with the part where its cracked. Its bent up a little so im not sure if this is gonna effect anything....

Dude, that suxx. :werd_msword: Hope you get everything fixed and worked out. Best of luck to ya !! :fing34:

Good luck with dealing with USPS. They are the worst fucking shipping company out there. They lost my paperwork, my broken amp, and then no one would help me. It took 6 months before I could convince them that they have my broken amp. Only then did I actually even got like 1/3 of the money I should have gotten. They almost threw my appeal out because it wasn't applied within the right time period. BUT that was only because they lost my amp and paperwork. I filed complain the first week I got the amp stomped on and connections broken.

no DHL is the worst.. that's why they aren't around here anymore...

Every time they would stop by my work, their whole truck looked like it was just wrecked inside, literally. Stuff thrown everywhere. I was so embarrassed just to see the inside of their truck, at times i wanted to refuse packages from them even though it wasn't damaged.

Umm, our drivers use the same packaging, all new drivers are shipped UPS, and UPS still drops them. They rejected the most recent claim, so for the 3rd time, we had to eat the cost of a sub woofer and the shipping because of their careless shipping. If UPS rejected it, USPS will do the same, just take 3x as long to get back to you. :(

So, PHI and Shizzon, what do you think I should do?

Weld it?

Or should i be able to just throw it in the box and be fine?

You could ship it back to Fi and see if they can swap in a new basket.